Off Topic

Trudeau paid khadr while ensuring it couldn't be touched.

Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
2730 posts
64 upvotes
East York
the facts:

After producing a surplus in 2007-08 of $9.6 billion, the Harper government delivered a deficit of $5.8 billion in 2008-09 during the global recession.

In subsequent years, his Conservative governments generated shortfalls of $55.6 billion in 2009-10; $33.4 billion in 2010-11; $26.3 billion in 2011-12; $18.4 billion for 2012-13; and $5.2 billion for 2013-14.

To summarize, Harper-led governments ran a string of six straight deficits between 2008-09 and 2013-14.
PS4 (PSN ID): Drew872
My PS4 games collection: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/LoyalToTh ... ames/owned
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Drew872
Jul 30, 2010
935 posts
106 upvotes
Drew87 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 3:48 pm
the facts:

After producing a surplus in 2007-08 of $9.6 billion, the Harper government delivered a deficit of $5.8 billion in 2008-09 during the global recession.

In subsequent years, his Conservative governments generated shortfalls of $55.6 billion in 2009-10; $33.4 billion in 2010-11; $26.3 billion in 2011-12; $18.4 billion for 2012-13; and $5.2 billion for 2013-14.

To summarize, Harper-led governments ran a string of six straight deficits between 2008-09 and 2013-14.
Which I happily pointed out, due to the world economy falling to pieces. We came out of that whole deal relatively unscathed (other than people like me who had mutual funds in the US Stock market, which have long since recovered anyways).

I fail to see why you think he destroyed the economy, beyond liberal talking points. He did not destroy the economy; he ran deficits for a number of years after the world economy shit the bed. I wouldn't even begrudge King Trudeau for something like that, but his deficits are not warranted or explained by a massive recession, he just wants to spend the economy bigger when our biggest trading partner's economy is doing quite well.
Jun 11, 2016
33 posts
Justin Trudeau is the most moral broad minded leader and his liberal views are much needed for the country Canada with the most diverse populations.
There is no room for conservative laws anymore when the average white dis fertile to procreation of creating family lives yet is zero insisting on capital gains of individuals yet defensive of conservative laws.
The Asian and all other races are multiplying in populations by factor of 5 X to 1 in regards to whites. Therefore I rest my case in defence of Justin Trudeau liberal approach for betterment of mixed Canadian society.
Jul 30, 2010
935 posts
106 upvotes
Newlife01 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 4:23 pm
Justin Trudeau is the most moral broad minded leader and his liberal views are much needed for the country Canada with the most diverse populations.
There is no room for conservative laws anymore when the average white dis fertile to procreation of creating family lives yet is zero insisting on capital gains of individuals yet defensive of conservative laws.
The Asian and all other races are multiplying in populations by factor of 5 X to 1 in regards to whites. Therefore I rest my case in defence of Justin Trudeau liberal approach for betterment of mixed Canadian society.
Damn was that a dog's breakfast. The few coherent thoughts sound like sarcasm, so I don't know what to say to that.

Another big virtue signalling, emotion-only (semi-coherent) argument, zero facts. Stop towing the liberal stereotype, you don't help Trudeau's supporters.

Harper also put in place the income splitting deal, which I benefited from to further allow my wife to stay at home and take care of my kid(s). Trudeau cancelled that, so moot.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
2731 posts
178 upvotes
Newlife01 wrote:
Yes he is very broad minded talking about equity in a mosque where women are kept separate from men .
[OP]
Penalty Box
Nov 1, 2001
1514 posts
58 upvotes
pfbmgd wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 4:57 pm
Yes he is very broad minded talking about equity in a mosque where women are kept separate from men .
Well, he is a feminist.... Oh, wait.... /s
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2001
15810 posts
469 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
Newlife01 wrote:
^ race-baiting. Are you even a real poster?
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4789 posts
349 upvotes
I am curious, do some people here actually think Khadr didn't throw the grenade?
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4789 posts
349 upvotes
Drew87 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 10:19 am
what did Harper do well? he pretty much destroyed our economy. Unless you guys are going to blame the Liberal party before him for that, which you really can't considering how long Harper was in office for.
I didn't know I live in a "destroyed" economy given we had maybe 5 quarters of negative growth out of almost 40 quarters. Based on what data did you draw that conclusion?
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7197 posts
239 upvotes
Archanfel wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 11:03 pm
I am curious, do some people here actually think Khadr didn't throw the grenade?
Whats wrong with believing that?. Fact is no one knows who threw the grenade. It was a battle.

American soldiers that was on the ground didnt know who threw it when they were being question during that time. Why should you believe it?.

This was all on record. It was until later that they started to point the finger on khadr.

Khadr only admitted to it because he was being tortured.

Even Khadr himself doesnt remember if he did or not. The guy was 15, almost died and got tortured.

No one really knows what happened.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Penalty Box
Oct 15, 2006
4264 posts
437 upvotes
Who cares about one stupid grenade. This young adult constructed IEDs for the a terrorist group. Are we to assume all of his IEDs were unsuccessful? This alone makes him not only a terrorist, but a traitor. Send him back to gitmo
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3650 posts
456 upvotes
Kingmoo wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 12:38 am
Who cares about one stupid grenade. This young adult constructed IEDs for the a terrorist group. Are we to assume all of his IEDs were unsuccessful? This alone makes him not only a terrorist, but a traitor. Send him back to gitmo
+1
and no khadr should not be tortured ... but he wasn't a "good boy" ...
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2010
4729 posts
400 upvotes
Scarborough
Seems people here prefer dictatorships so they can choose not to obey Supreme Court decisions. Maybe they want it to be like back in origin country eh?
We should do away with democracy as its obvious so many people here are unhappy over a court decision.

But these same people will be running to courts for "justice" when they're riling against a person/company/employer etc
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28241 posts
4209 upvotes
Ottawa
apnayloags wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 10:41 am
Seems people here prefer dictatorships so they can choose not to obey Supreme Court decisions. Maybe they want it to be like back in origin country eh?
We should do away with democracy as its obvious so many people here are unhappy over a court decision.

But these same people will be running to courts for "justice" when they're riling against a person/company/employer etc
Exactly what Supreme Court decision was not obeyed? Which one? Please list them.
Is it solipsistic here? Or is it just me?
[OP]
Penalty Box
Nov 1, 2001
1514 posts
58 upvotes
apnayloags wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 10:41 am

What Supreme Court decision wasn't obeyed?