Off Topic

Trudeau paid khadr while ensuring it couldn't be touched.

Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28443 posts
4414 upvotes
Ottawa
akira1971 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 10:06 am
FACT: The Khadr family moved to Jalalabad, Afghanistan in 1996 and were already living in the Karte Parwan neighbourhood of Kabul, Afghanistan since 1999 as they were still running their relief charity for Afghan orphans. Their home in Afghanistan was targeted and bombed during the invasion by US forces.
FACT: was he not part of an invading force? He was not afghani yet fighting against the government.
FACT: Afghanistan was not his country
Fact: Omar Khadr is the Canadian born child of Egyptian and Palestinian parents
What is incorrect about anything the people you quoted said?
What point do you have? The guy is a Canadian in a foreign land fighting against that foreign country's government....a terrorist by all standards.
It's alright if you don't agree with me... I can't force you to be right. - Anonymous
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1695 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 10:21 am
FACT: was he not part of an invading force? He was not afghani yet fighting against the government.
"Invading force" of what? The Afgan CIVIL War ended in 1996, and the Khadr moved his family there to help the Afghan orhans displaced by the war. The is absolutely ZERO evidence that any members of the Khadr family participated in any military action during the internal civil war that lasted from 1992 to 1996. And there is also no evidence that he was fighting against the Taliban government that ruled Afghanistan from 1996 to 2001.
FACT: Afghanistan was not his country
The Khadrs lived and worked in Afghanistan for five years before the US came and bombed their home. How is that not their country if they were living there at the time and almost half of Omar's life?
Fact: Omar Khadr is the Canadian born child of Egyptian and Palestinian parents
So? My asian parents weren't born in Canada, but should the US ever invade Canada, you can bet they'll do everything to fight back. Same with my British-born wife. Fact is, the US target bombed their Afghan home and they have every reason to fight back.
What is incorrect about anything the people you quoted said? What point do you have? The guy is a Canadian in a foreign land fighting against that foreign country's government....a terrorist by all standards.
Buggy166 said that Omar Khadr had every right to resist an US invasion of Afghanistan as they BOMBED his home. And there is ZERO evidence that he was fighting against the Taliban (or anyone at all) that controlled Kabul and Afghanistan, so your claim that he was a terrorist is false.

The point? The US bombed his home in Kabul and then attacked the residential compound he was staying at with Blackhawks firing cannons and rockets and Warthogs indiscrimately dropping 500lb bombs. There was absolutely no evidence of any armed aggression from Omar Khadr up to this point in time. If Florida can have a "Stand-your-Ground" law, Omar had absolutely every right to defend himself from an unprovoked U.S. attack on him.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28443 posts
4414 upvotes
Ottawa
akira1971 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 12:05 pm
"Invading force" of what? The Afgan CIVIL War ended in 1996, and the Khadr moved his family there to help the Afghan orhans displaced by the war. The is absolutely ZERO evidence that any members of the Khadr family participated in any military action during the internal civil war that lasted from 1992 to 1996. And there is also no evidence that he was fighting against the Taliban government that ruled Afghanistan from 1996 to 2001.

The Khadrs lived and worked in Afghanistan for five years before the US came and bombed their home. How is that not their country if they were living there at the time and almost half of Omar's life?

So? My asian parents weren't born in Canada, but should the US ever invade Canada, you can bet they'll do everything to fight back. Same with my British-born wife. Fact is, the US target bombed their Afghan home and they have every reason to fight back.

Buggy166 said that Omar Khadr had every right to resist an US invasion of Afghanistan as they BOMBED his home. And there is ZERO evidence that he was fighting against the Taliban (or anyone at all) that controlled Kabul and Afghanistan, so your claim that he was a terrorist is false.

The point? The US bombed his home in Kabul and then attacked the residential compound he was staying at with Blackhawks firing cannons and rockets and Warthogs indiscrimately dropping 500lb bombs. There was absolutely no evidence of any armed aggression from Omar Khadr up to this point in time. If Florida can have a "Stand-your-Ground" law, Omar had absolutely every right to defend himself from an unprovoked U.S. attack on him.
OMG :facepalm:
It's alright if you don't agree with me... I can't force you to be right. - Anonymous
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
6065 posts
231 upvotes
akira1971 wrote:

Hasn't the family already admitted many times that they support and are members of al-Qaeda? http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/we-are-an ... n-1.472778

Also, the Taliban weren't the recognized government of Afghanistan in 1996 and the civil war continued after 1996. The Taliban were importing fighters (al-Qaeda) from Pakistan (like the Khadrs) to try to gain complete control over Afghanistan.

American soldiers in Afghanistan aren't occupiers, it's their home now since they've been there for a few years Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
14279 posts
1551 upvotes
Toronto
akira1971 wrote:
The taliban were foreign invaders. Most of them were Pakistani soldiers who came to fight the other political parties that were made up of native Afghans and the other foreign parties from Iran and so forth. There's a reason Bin Laden fled to Pakistan and they were so willing to hide him, and that's because the Taliban was just an arm of the Pakistani government. Khadr was just another outsider there to oppress the people of that country.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28443 posts
4414 upvotes
Ottawa
Piro21 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 2:50 pm
The taliban were foreign invaders. Most of them were Pakistani soldiers who came to fight the other political parties that were made up of native Afghans and the other foreign parties from Iran and so forth. There's a reason Bin Laden fled to Pakistan and they were so willing to hide him, and that's because the Taliban was just an arm of the Pakistani government. Khadr was just another outsider there to oppress the people of that country.
Or in Khadrs' case, Palestinian or Egyptian and Omar, Canadian.
Bingo.....all of his disciples forget that "Khadr was just another outsider "
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3714 posts
458 upvotes
Omar Khadr's access to sister remains restricted, Edmonton court rules
no way :facepalm: ... another 10m to pay up ?
Penalty Box
Oct 15, 2006
4264 posts
437 upvotes
lubmar wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 8:16 pm
She deserves it. Im sure her feelings were also hurt, indirectly
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28443 posts
4414 upvotes
Ottawa
lubmar wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 8:16 pm
Kingmoo wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 8:42 pm
She deserves it. Im sure her feelings were also hurt, indirectly
I am sure she will take it to the Supreme Court and they will rule that it is against her Charter Rights to see her brother and Canada should compensate. If she gets this through before Trudeau is punted out, she too will win the lottery :)