• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2008 9:39 am
Tags:
None
Oct 7, 2006
5 posts

True Religion jeans alteration

Hi all,
I need to shorten my jeans… They’re True Religion Joey Super T with thick stitching. I’ve brought them to two local tailors nearby, but neither of them was confident to do the Euro hem for my jeans… :( Does anyone know a good place (preferably in North Toronto) where I can get my jean altered preserving the original stitch and look? Please help me! :D
Ps. would Holt Renfrew do the job if I pay though I didn’t buy the jeans from the store…?
16 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2007
1049 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
i know a place near or at yorkdale that does all types of them, but i think holt does do it as long as you pay.
[OP]
Oct 7, 2006
5 posts
poolking wrote:
May 21st, 2008 11:35 am
i know a place near or at yorkdale that does all types of them, but i think holt does do it as long as you pay.
I
[OP]
Oct 7, 2006
5 posts
alv077 wrote:
May 21st, 2008 11:37 am
Holt renfew would charge you even if you bought it there =s
oh, i didn't know that :$
do you know how much they charge about?
and would they do a better job than other alteration places? :confused:
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3540 posts
2 upvotes
alv077 wrote:
May 21st, 2008 11:37 am
Holt renfew would charge you even if you bought it there =s
last time i went they did euro hem for free on my jeans, and this was only a few months ago
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3395 posts
6 upvotes
ddalkitony wrote:
May 21st, 2008 3:49 pm
Apparently, HR wouldn't alter the jeans if they're not from the store :(
stitch it, its at yorkdale across from sears
:mad: :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2479 posts
38 upvotes
ddalkitony wrote:
May 21st, 2008 11:55 am
oh, i didn't know that :$
do you know how much they charge about?
and would they do a better job than other alteration places? :confused:
My Diesel 8GBs came out fine... it was more expensive than other places but I figured at least I could hold them liable if they screwed up since I bought the pair there... =s
TapemanPL wrote:
May 21st, 2008 3:24 pm
last time i went they did euro hem for free on my jeans, and this was only a few months ago
Weird... I bought my pair/got it hemmed at the same time and they charged me for it. Did you need to haggle?
Sep 10, 2006
309 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
poolking wrote:
May 21st, 2008 11:35 am
are you speaking of stitch it? or another location?

thinking of getting my jeans hemmed around the yorkdale area. may try stitch it.. since it seems they get a lot of customers.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3540 posts
2 upvotes
alv077 wrote:
May 23rd, 2008 12:41 am
My Diesel 8GBs came out fine... it was more expensive than other places but I figured at least I could hold them liable if they screwed up since I bought the pair there... =s

Weird... I bought my pair/got it hemmed at the same time and they charged me for it. Did you need to haggle?
no, i got the jeans and i was like these fit kinda long, and the lady said o we can hem them for you, and that was it...
May 5, 2005
50 posts
I highly recommend going to Stitch It. I took my Seven jeans to the Stitch It at the Manulife Centre at Bay and Bloor and they did a great job. You can't even notice that it had been hemmed.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2479 posts
38 upvotes
TapemanPL wrote:
May 23rd, 2008 1:05 am
no, i got the jeans and i was like these fit kinda long, and the lady said o we can hem them for you, and that was it...
I feel so screwed =T

Maybe I should have said, "These are kinda long" before walking up to the cash and saying, "how much for hemming?"
× < >