• Apr 7th, 2017 11:58 am
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
15263 posts
381 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
GrandePike wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 9:00 am
So Trump fired his national security adviser when he knew he didn't have contact with the Russians?

Ok lol
Ignore him.

[..]
And banned.

Not surprisingly, a lot of the RFD Alt-Right brigade were backing him up in various thread arguments last night...
Last edited by MrDisco on Feb 18th, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: let's tone it down
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22756 posts
4653 upvotes
GTHA
Republicans criticise Trump over Flynn issue

Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13223 posts
1147 upvotes
I follow a few different pro-DT Facebook groups, and the people who support this guy are creepy as hell. Picture a complete absence of critical thought coupled with zealot-like devotion. I'm talking people who say things like "DON'T QUESTION THE PRESIDENT. HE IS GOD'S CHOSEN LEADER. HALLELUJAH. PRAISE JESUS" and a post like that will get 5,000 likes.

At first I tried to start discussions about things like

- Why checks and balances against world leaders are a good thing
- Why they should be loyal to their values and not some guy in charge
- Why refusing a salary is an insult to people you are being compensated to serve
- What it means to be a public servant, and how the President's policies fail to serve the people

.. and in response they bring up Hillary Clinton, criticized my profile picture and tried to friend me so they could dox me IRL. So I stopped trying to engage them.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
15263 posts
381 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
Syne wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 12:43 pm

.. and in response they bring up Hillary Clinton, criticized my profile picture and tried to friend me so they could dox me IRL. So I stopped trying to engage them.
And some of them are literal Nazi scum, like the one that was just banned from here. These people fail at life.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1836 posts
82 upvotes
Syne wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 12:43 pm
I follow a few different pro-DT Facebook groups, and the people who support this guy are creepy as hell. Picture a complete absence of critical thought coupled with zealot-like devotion. I'm talking people who say things like "DON'T QUESTION THE PRESIDENT. HE IS GOD'S CHOSEN LEADER. HALLELUJAH. PRAISE JESUS" and a post like that will get 5,000 likes.

At first I tried to start discussions about things like

- Why checks and balances against world leaders are a good thing
- Why they should be loyal to their values and not some guy in charge
- Why refusing a salary is an insult to people you are being compensated to serve
- What it means to be a public servant, and how the President's policies fail to serve the people

Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13223 posts
1147 upvotes

Good video. I watched it. The problem is that people like arm2000 will refuse to. The alt-truth movement is about deliberate and willful ignorance.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
4537 posts
92 upvotes
London
Archanfel wrote:
Feb 16th, 2017 2:06 pm
Why is that suddenly a problem when the US spy ships/planes are constantly operating in international water just off the coast of other countries? In fact, didn't US U2 planes used to fly over Russia all the time until they got shot down?
To be fair, I'm not sure the spy ship is any closer to the US as previous operations would be. They are certainly further north but I'm not sure whether they're any closer to US waters than previously.

What is a problem though is the Russian fly-by in the Black Sea.

Now I'm just as (un)qualified as anyone to analyze the meaning of these actions, but they have been quoted by some that these are practice attack runs. I see both acts either as provocative maneuvers by the Russians to see how the disorganized DT administration deals with minor threats (spoiler: they didn't). Conversely, if DT is indeed colluding with the Russians, maybe this is a signal by the Kremlin to contain the mess, "or else."

I mean, there wasn't even a message of condemntation by the administration. Any other president, Republican or Democrat, would've at least said something. But no, nothing. For a leader and a voting pool valuing "America First," an act such as this should be raising alarm bells! One would've expected his voter base to be, "y'all warm up those nukes now!" But instead, (and maybe masterfully so), the administration has pivoted the media attention by a mind-numbing news conference and successfully steered MSM focus away from the military actions.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4759 posts
343 upvotes
gizmo8 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 2:13 pm

You are something else Arm2000.Coal companies were walking away from unprofitable mines and the water contamination was killing the water supplies.Obama made sure there was a reserve fund to clean up closed mines which of course mine CEO's didn't want.First coal is a dying energy source,even with Trump opening tearing down regulations there is too much coal and the price for it is very low.You cannot create a market if there is no demand.

http://www.mining.com/coking-coal-price ... harp-drop/
Syne wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 2:26 pm
Good video. I watched it. The problem is that people like arm2000 will refuse to. The alt-truth movement is about deliberate and willful ignorance.
The video you linked is a good reason to see why repealing the Obama law is a good idea. If mining companies go bankrupt they leave a big mess behind. And that law was putting even more burden on mining business, already in trouble as you noticed.
FYI:
1) It was a Republican (legislative) action, not government. I'm saying not to defend the US gov but to inform you, looks like you have no idea what's going on
2) The Obama law started on Jan 20, 2017 so it doesn't have any effects.
3) This is not the first time the Stream Protection Rule is changed, last time they did it was not good and was voided in court (https://www.osmre.gov/programs/rcm/Stre ... story.shtm) There is no guarantee that this law wouldn't have been challenged in court too.
4) Existing law (https://www.osmre.gov/lrg/docs/SMCRA.pdf) is providing enough protection; the Obama law, according to some of the few who read and understood both laws, doesn't provide any additional protection, but adds a huge burden of bureaucracy, taxes and regulations
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22756 posts
4653 upvotes
GTHA

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday that Lt.-Gen. Herbert Raymond McMaster would be his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, again turning to the U.S. military to play a central role on his foreign policy team.
Trump also named Keith Kellogg, a retired army general who has been serving as the acting national security adviser, as chief of staff to the National Security Council.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-nati ... -1.3991328
One subject on which Trump and McMaster could soon differ is Russia. McMaster shares the consensus view among the U.S. national security establishment that Russia is a threat and an antagonist to the United States, while McMaster's predecessor appeared to view it more as a potential geopolitical partner.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6360 posts
168 upvotes
gizmo8 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2017 11:58 am
Hmm two of the biggest reporters for Fox has turned on Trump for him trying to silence the media with the "fake news bs".
This means the republicans are starting to test the waters to see if their viewers bite.

Trump could be in big trouble once fox starts running negative stories about him. That means the republicans are going to impeach him.

They are definitely dropping the seeds in their viewers heads, one month in. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Feb 10, 2017
77 posts
8 upvotes
Besides Senator McCain none of the Republicans even try to criticize Trump. Such hypocrites who put their own party ahead of the country.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22756 posts
4653 upvotes
GTHA
U.S. House panel to probe possible Russia-Trump campaign collusion: Democrat
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/wor ... e34181057/
The U.S. House of Representatives intelligence committee will investigate allegations of collusion between Donald Trump’s presidential campaign and Russia, the top Democrat on the panel said on Wednesday.

“We have reached a written agreement, the minority and the majority in the House intelligence committee, that we will investigate allegations of Russian collusion with the Trump campaign,” Democratic Representative Adam Schiff said on MSNBC.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3695 posts
513 upvotes
$10 Attorney General Jeff Sessions will not be leading that investigation. In fact, he might no longer be AG.
Trump attorney general Jeff Sessions met Russian ambassador

Attorney General Jeff Sessions met Russia's ambassador twice during Donald Trump's presidential campaign last year, the US government has confirmed.

Mr Sessions, a senator at the time, did not disclose the contacts at his January confirmation hearing.

But he stressed on Wednesday he had "never met any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign".

Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi accused Mr Sessions of "lying under oath" and demanded he resign.

Other Democrats called on him to step aside from an investigation by the FBI - which he oversees as attorney general - into the alleged Russian interference.

The news broke just after a congressional committee agreed an investigation into Russia's alleged interference in the election.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39136118
Jul 30, 2010
568 posts
85 upvotes
gizmo8 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2017 4:53 pm
Kevin there are 52 Republicans senators,it would take probably 6 at most to really get the investigation going.It's pathetic that they would let this clown and his supporters behave like this,dumb supporters here are saying he won so accept it,thats not how it works children.There is something called the constitution and something called treason,Nixon was going to become the first president ever impeached but he resigned and Clinton impeachment got acquitted by the Senate.Hope this narcissist orange skin fool be the first.
Dude, my OCD goes crazy reading your posts...put a space after your punctuation, please.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel