• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2017 9:17 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6060 posts
148 upvotes
arm2000 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 4:38 pm
That happens when you read only one (biased) source: spread fake news. Ironical example in this thread. The resolution actually removed last minute regulations from Obama because (among other things) they were redundant, overlapping existing local (state) laws, increased bureaucracy and so on. All states already have pollution regulation, the Obama rules did nothing to improve on them
Thats funny. So explain why the coal industry are happy with this?. Republicans themselves are saying this is a win for them. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4663 posts
318 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 8:21 pm
Thats funny. So explain why the coal industry are happy with this?. Republicans themselves are saying this is a win for them. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Because the regulations imposed by Obama made very difficult for mining companies to operate normally
Banned
Nov 21, 2016
105 posts
35 upvotes
Proof or it didn't happen.

Prove that:
1. Anyone related to the Trump campaign had repeated contacts with Russia.
2. Those contacts were not part of their job.
3. The subject of those contacts was something inappropriate or that we should care about.

Until anyone proves anything, these are just baseless allegations, "fake news" by people desperate to attack Trump with no regard for the truth.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
405 upvotes
Concord, ON
blargy33 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 11:41 pm
Proof or it didn't happen.

Prove that:
1. Anyone related to the Trump campaign had repeated contacts with Russia.
2. Those contacts were not part of their job.
3. The subject of those contacts was something inappropriate or that we should care about.

Until anyone proves anything, these are just baseless allegations, "fake news" by people desperate to attack Trump with no regard for the truth.
So Trump fired his national security adviser when he knew he didn't have contact with the Russians?

Ok lol
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
15083 posts
320 upvotes
Richmond Hill
GrandePike wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 9:00 am
So Trump fired his national security adviser when he knew he didn't have contact with the Russians?

Ok lol
Ignore him.

[..]
And banned.

Not surprisingly, a lot of the RFD Alt-Right brigade were backing him up in various thread arguments last night...
Last edited by MrDisco on Feb 18th, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: let's tone it down
“microwaves that turn into cameras” is technically correct - arm2000
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22046 posts
4467 upvotes
GTHA
Republicans criticise Trump over Flynn issue

Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13149 posts
1138 upvotes
I follow a few different pro-DT Facebook groups, and the people who support this guy are creepy as hell. Picture a complete absence of critical thought coupled with zealot-like devotion. I'm talking people who say things like "DON'T QUESTION THE PRESIDENT. HE IS GOD'S CHOSEN LEADER. HALLELUJAH. PRAISE JESUS" and a post like that will get 5,000 likes.

At first I tried to start discussions about things like

- Why checks and balances against world leaders are a good thing
- Why they should be loyal to their values and not some guy in charge
- Why refusing a salary is an insult to people you are being compensated to serve
- What it means to be a public servant, and how the President's policies fail to serve the people

.. and in response they bring up Hillary Clinton, criticized my profile picture and tried to friend me so they could dox me IRL. So I stopped trying to engage them.
Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
15083 posts
320 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Syne wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 12:43 pm

.. and in response they bring up Hillary Clinton, criticized my profile picture and tried to friend me so they could dox me IRL. So I stopped trying to engage them.
And some of them are literal Nazi scum, like the one that was just banned from here. These people fail at life.
“microwaves that turn into cameras” is technically correct - arm2000
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2005
7526 posts
455 upvotes
arm2000 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 10:27 pm
Because the regulations imposed by Obama made very difficult for mining companies to operate normally
You are something else Arm2000.Coal companies were walking away from unprofitable mines and the water contamination was killing the water supplies.Obama made sure there was a reserve fund to clean up closed mines which of course mine CEO's didn't want.First coal is a dying energy source,even with Trump opening tearing down regulations there is too much coal and the price for it is very low.You cannot create a market if there is no demand.

http://www.mining.com/coking-coal-price ... harp-drop/
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1638 posts
59 upvotes
Syne wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 12:43 pm
I follow a few different pro-DT Facebook groups, and the people who support this guy are creepy as hell. Picture a complete absence of critical thought coupled with zealot-like devotion. I'm talking people who say things like "DON'T QUESTION THE PRESIDENT. HE IS GOD'S CHOSEN LEADER. HALLELUJAH. PRAISE JESUS" and a post like that will get 5,000 likes.

At first I tried to start discussions about things like

- Why checks and balances against world leaders are a good thing
- Why they should be loyal to their values and not some guy in charge
- Why refusing a salary is an insult to people you are being compensated to serve
- What it means to be a public servant, and how the President's policies fail to serve the people

Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13149 posts
1138 upvotes

Good video. I watched it. The problem is that people like arm2000 will refuse to. The alt-truth movement is about deliberate and willful ignorance.
Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
4515 posts
84 upvotes
London
Archanfel wrote:
Feb 16th, 2017 2:06 pm
Why is that suddenly a problem when the US spy ships/planes are constantly operating in international water just off the coast of other countries? In fact, didn't US U2 planes used to fly over Russia all the time until they got shot down?
To be fair, I'm not sure the spy ship is any closer to the US as previous operations would be. They are certainly further north but I'm not sure whether they're any closer to US waters than previously.

What is a problem though is the Russian fly-by in the Black Sea.

Now I'm just as (un)qualified as anyone to analyze the meaning of these actions, but they have been quoted by some that these are practice attack runs. I see both acts either as provocative maneuvers by the Russians to see how the disorganized DT administration deals with minor threats (spoiler: they didn't). Conversely, if DT is indeed colluding with the Russians, maybe this is a signal by the Kremlin to contain the mess, "or else."

I mean, there wasn't even a message of condemntation by the administration. Any other president, Republican or Democrat, would've at least said something. But no, nothing. For a leader and a voting pool valuing "America First," an act such as this should be raising alarm bells! One would've expected his voter base to be, "y'all warm up those nukes now!" But instead, (and maybe masterfully so), the administration has pivoted the media attention by a mind-numbing news conference and successfully steered MSM focus away from the military actions.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4663 posts
318 upvotes
gizmo8 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 2:13 pm

You are something else Arm2000.Coal companies were walking away from unprofitable mines and the water contamination was killing the water supplies.Obama made sure there was a reserve fund to clean up closed mines which of course mine CEO's didn't want.First coal is a dying energy source,even with Trump opening tearing down regulations there is too much coal and the price for it is very low.You cannot create a market if there is no demand.

http://www.mining.com/coking-coal-price ... harp-drop/
Syne wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 2:26 pm
Good video. I watched it. The problem is that people like arm2000 will refuse to. The alt-truth movement is about deliberate and willful ignorance.
The video you linked is a good reason to see why repealing the Obama law is a good idea. If mining companies go bankrupt they leave a big mess behind. And that law was putting even more burden on mining business, already in trouble as you noticed.
FYI:
1) It was a Republican (legislative) action, not government. I'm saying not to defend the US gov but to inform you, looks like you have no idea what's going on
2) The Obama law started on Jan 20, 2017 so it doesn't have any effects.
3) This is not the first time the Stream Protection Rule is changed, last time they did it was not good and was voided in court (https://www.osmre.gov/programs/rcm/Stre ... story.shtm) There is no guarantee that this law wouldn't have been challenged in court too.
4) Existing law (https://www.osmre.gov/lrg/docs/SMCRA.pdf) is providing enough protection; the Obama law, according to some of the few who read and understood both laws, doesn't provide any additional protection, but adds a huge burden of bureaucracy, taxes and regulations
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel