Trump campaign had repeated contact with Russian intelligence

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2017 11:58 am
Jul 30, 2010
991 posts
109 upvotes
gizmo8 wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 11:15 am
You worry about my typing and I worry about your dumb leader.
LOL, I don't worry about your typing...just an innocent request to satisfy my OCD because I like sentence breaks. And yes, I worry about my piece of shit leader too...I can't wait to get this bitch out of office in 2018 before she throws another 10 billion onto Alberta's debt with zero to show for it. If you want to know how bad Notley is perceived in Alberta, recent polls show Brian Jean's Wildrose as a front runner to win the next election. I would probably vote for him too if it meant getting Notley out. 2 protest votes in a row...why are politicians such self-serving scumbags.

Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26978 posts
6421 upvotes
GTHA
JustBob wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 2:00 am
$10 Attorney General Jeff Sessions will not be leading that investigation. In fact, he might no longer be AG.
Speaking to Al Jazeera from Washington, DC, former associate US deputy attorney general Bruce Fein said: "Everyone knows Jeff Sessions was up to his ears in the Trump campaign, that's why he's attorney general now."

Feb 13, 2017
125 posts
13 upvotes
So Sessions was on the Senate Armed Services Committee that has periodic group meetings (joint Republican and Democrat representation) with various ambassadors around the globe? Is this the supposed Russia link?

What is the claim being made between the Trump administration and evidence to back it up? Was there a conversation recorded? Financial transaction? We've been hearing about this Trump-Russia narrative for months and nothing concrete or even remotely questionable has been brought forth.

Remember, the DNC denied the FBI direct access to their server that was hacked to investigate the Russian origins and/or collect evidence of the hack. (can google "DNC FBI server")

The Washington Post quote with Sessions comment was altered to make it seem as though the question was asked about russia in general vs campaingn specific.
http://i.imgur.com/dfCIjIa.png

CNN Russia Probe Discussion:
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
4081 posts
579 upvotes
"When Senator Sessions testified under oath that 'I did not have communications with the Russians,' his statement was demonstrably false, yet he let it stand for weeks," said Congressman Elijah Cummings of Maryland. "And he continued to let it stand even as he watched the president tell the entire nation he didn't know anything about anyone advising his campaign talking to the Russians."

During the Flynn controversy, Mr Trump defended his embattled national security adviser by saying that contacts with foreign leaders, including Russians, weren't just permissible but advisable. That defence fell apart because clear evidence came out that Mr Flynn had been evasive not only to the press and public but to the administration itself.

Mr Sessions seems to be constructing his defence in a similar fashion - parsing the words of the questions he answered during his confirmation process and defending the subsequent revelations as reasonable. Like Flynn, the evasion has become a bigger story than the original contacts.
Given the attorney general's close relationship with the president, a resignation seems unlikely. Then again, the same could be said for Mr Flynn, and he was ultimately shown the door.

What should be of particular concern to Republicans is that the Sessions revelations fit a growing pattern of obfuscation and evasion on the part of the president's inner circle when it comes to contact with the Russian government.

It's the kind of thing that will prompt more questions, more investigations and more speculation about what else is out there.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39145661
You don't lie when you have nothing to hide. Plus, Sessions is a trial lawyer. He would know that "I did not have conversations with the Russians" is not only false, but by answering like he did, he didn't leave himself room for maneuvering. Had he wanted to be transparent, he would have answered like this:

"I have not met with any Russians at any time to discuss any political campaign." That was this morning and it's a tad too late.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
4081 posts
579 upvotes
JustBob wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 2:00 am
$10 Attorney General Jeff Sessions will not be leading that investigation.
US Attorney General Jeff Sessions has removed himself from an FBI investigation into alleged Russian interference in the US election.

Someone owes me $10. ;)
Jul 30, 2010
991 posts
109 upvotes
JustBob wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 4:58 pm
US Attorney General Jeff Sessions has removed himself from an FBI investigation into alleged Russian interference in the US election.

Someone owes me $10. ;)
Seems at least more ethical than the last AG. It was the right move because it removes any possible mud-slinging for conflicts of interest.

Here Are 5 Things Obama AG Eric Holder Never Resigned Over.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26978 posts
6421 upvotes
GTHA
A peek inside the Attorney General's day planner should clear up any lingering questions about his alleged meetings with Russian officials.

Seth Meyers takes a closer look at major new questions surrounding the Trump campaign's alleged contacts with Russia.

Jul 30, 2010
991 posts
109 upvotes
SatanicWaffle wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 5:50 pm
Did he commit perjury like sessions?
Does it count as perjury when you lie to congress? If so, then yes.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
2560 posts
596 upvotes
Mississauga
So Sessions doing the same thing as Holder makes the stench less because Sessions is a Republican?
Banned
Mar 26, 2016
91 posts
31 upvotes
LeisureSuitL wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 2:30 am
Does it count as perjury when you lie to congress? If so, then yes.
Nope sessions used campaign funds to visit the Russians and not as part of senatorial business...He's actually broken multiple laws
Banned
Mar 26, 2016
91 posts
31 upvotes
mrweather wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 7:19 am
So Sessions doing the same thing as Holder makes the stench less because Sessions is a Republican?
Nope..Wrong..Sessions used campaign funds to visit the Russians..Not sentorial business as part of govt
Banned
Mar 26, 2016
91 posts
31 upvotes
More damaging information on sessions

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sessio ... 2017-03-02

Sessions used his campaign funds for RNC trip, where he talked to Russian ambassador

Trump administration says Attorney General Jeff Sessions was acting as a then-U.S. senator when he talked to Russia’s ambassador at an event during last year’s Republican National Convention in Cleveland, but Sessions paid for convention travel expenses out of his own political funds and he spoke about Donald Trump’s campaign at the event, according to a person at the event and campaign-finance records.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4831 posts
348 upvotes
It's not Russia, of course. Anybody with eyes can see this is just an infantile and desperate move in lack of anything better. The real reason is they want to stop Sessions investigating enormous secret funds set up by DOJ to pump money to leftist groups.
Some articles here:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03 ... roups.html
https://www.wsj.com/articles/justices-l ... 1449188273 (paywalled)
and almost any right wing media.
It's very strange that this huge scandal is nowhere to be found in any left media, not even to discredit it, nothing at all.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
4081 posts
579 upvotes
Trump back to usual man-child mode.

Don't let him see any pictures of FDR and Stalin together or else he'll want that investigated.