Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Trunk door hits garage door while open

So my garage door is a little lower I guess, when I put my suv inside and open the trunk, it hits the inside of the garage door when it's opened up. Anyone have ideas on what you could put against the garage door to protect the trunk? For a big dent in it because the first time my trunk just opened up and didn't expect it to hit it. Was thinking maybe securing a pool noodle running along the length of the inside?
16 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3906 posts
1028 upvotes
Toronto
Buy something foam or rubbber ie: floor mat, and attach it to the area where it hits, glue, gorilla tape etc.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
There's a adjustment that you can do to have the door travel further into the garage...perhaps you just need to adjust the "stop" travel position.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Aug 24, 2011
31 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton
Or see if you can set/limit your trunk door to a lower setting instead of opening to the max.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1583 upvotes
eldeejay wrote: first world problems
Isnt that where we live? Should the OP just ignore it and hope it gets better because of magic
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2006
1006 posts
376 upvotes
Markham
We have this problem with our minivan. I just park the car farther in towards the wall so that the trunk can open without any problems. Not sure if this will work for you, but it worked for both our old house and current house.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3097 posts
474 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Spidey wrote: Isnt that where we live? Should the OP just ignore it and hope it gets better because of magic
Another first world problem.
hitman_24 wrote: Qft, do you post that in every thread?
Yes. EVERY thread. Go look.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Iceblade wrote: Or see if you can set/limit your trunk door to a lower setting instead of opening to the max.
My suv is basic...no fancy function like that. Which I regret now :(
gr8dlr wrote: There's a adjustment that you can do to have the door travel further into the garage...perhaps you just need to adjust the "stop" travel position.
Yup tried that too, but it's already at the max. I even tried putting the pool noodle, and my trunk pushes up the garage door, can't be that good if it does it a lot since it flexes quite a bit.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
foodyforlife wrote: My suv is basic...no fancy function like that. Which I regret now :(

Yup tried that too, but it's already at the max. I even tried putting the pool noodle, and my trunk pushes up the garage door, can't be that good if it does it a lot since it flexes quite a bit.
So the travel limit is at the max....perhaps you have to "manually pull the door further back into the garage" and then "lock it down" and then try it again - you'd have to increase the travel limit down in this case.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)