Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3938 posts
365 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake

TSA PreCheck

I'm booking some tickets to New York and was wondering how TSA PreCheck works if booking multiple tickets under the same booking reference when only one person has a Nexus/trustees traveller #.

For example, if I book my girlfriend's and my ticket together and I have a Nexus card but she doesn't, can I still be given PreCheck or will I not because the other person in my party doesn't have a Nexus? Is it best to book as two separate tickets? Also, can she be given PreCheck because she is traveling with me?

Thanks
8 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2527 posts
354 upvotes
Whitby
In my experience, the entire travel group gets the PreCheck. YMMV
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7599 posts
685 upvotes
8 minutes from Vanco…
Yes you should but if you don’t speak with the gate agent pre security. I was flying an air miles reward ticket and I didn’t get pre check on the online. Boarding card. Spoke to air canada agent in Seattle and got fixed up
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Jul 30, 2015
399 posts
206 upvotes
raymondly wrote:
Jun 14th, 2019 11:01 am
In my experience, the entire travel group gets the PreCheck. YMMV
If I remember correctly yes the entire travel group gets Tsa PreCheck. Nexus privileges are only for the traveller with Nexus membership tho.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3938 posts
365 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Excellent, thank you everyone. I think I'll go ahead and book our tickets together then.
Nov 6, 2011
160 posts
37 upvotes
Surrey
GangStarr wrote:
Jun 14th, 2019 11:46 am
Yes you should but if you don’t speak with the gate agent pre security. I was flying an air miles reward ticket and I didn’t get pre check on the online. Boarding card. Spoke to air canada agent in Seattle and got fixed up
Had to do the same at SeaTac. Quickly reprinted boarding pass using the machine and got the precheck to show up on boarding pass.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2005
1838 posts
132 upvotes
Latitude57 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2019 12:51 pm
If I remember correctly yes the entire travel group gets Tsa PreCheck. Nexus privileges are only for the traveller with Nexus membership tho.
I went on a flight with my sister last year.
I have Nexus/TSA Pre, my sister does not.

When we got to Pearson, they ushered us to the Nexus line. I told the guy upfront that she didn't have it (and I wanted to do everything right so I didn't get mine revoked).. he laughed at me and said no problem... if one has it we both get to go through the Nexus line.
Jul 30, 2015
399 posts
206 upvotes
mcewen wrote:
Jun 14th, 2019 2:11 pm
I went on a flight with my sister last year.
I have Nexus/TSA Pre, my sister does not.

When we got to Pearson, they ushered us to the Nexus line. I told the guy upfront that she didn't have it (and I wanted to do everything right so I didn't get mine revoked).. he laughed at me and said no problem... if one has it we both get to go through the Nexus line.
Yeah sorry I wasn't clear enough.

Going through the Nexus line for security is pretty standard. Yes you can bring others who's travelling with you through that line since you have the card. It's nothing new since every airport/airline employee with a RAIC card can go through that line as well with their friends/family members travelling with them even if they don't have TsaPre, Nexus, etc. So many people are using that line its basically a joke now..

BUT anyone without a Nexus membership cannot use the NEXUS line and kiosk at customs even if one member of the group has its membership. You will have to split or use the regular lane
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3938 posts
365 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Latitude57 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2019 2:31 pm
Yeah sorry I wasn't clear enough.

Going through the Nexus line for security is pretty standard. Yes you can bring others who's travelling with you through that line since you have the card. It's nothing new since every airport/airline employee with a RAIC card can go through that line as well with their friends/family members travelling with them even if they don't have TsaPre, Nexus, etc. So many people are using that line its basically a joke now..

BUT anyone without a Nexus membership cannot use the NEXUS line and kiosk at customs even if one member of the group has its membership. You will have to split or use the regular lane
Yah CATSA website says you can bring companions through nexus security line with you.

I'm specifically talking about getting PreCheck on your boarding card though leaving the USA. Can I still get it if my gf doesn't have a Nexus? I think I can. Just means she'll have to go through security by herself if I choose to go through the PreCheck line.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)