Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

(TSC) Auto Battery Load Tester $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2016 4:04 pm
Tags:
None
15 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18021 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto
These used to be popular 5 to 10 years ago but most places use You are better off just driving to your local Parts Source and they can do a free battery and charging system test. The device they use does this and also checks alternator voltage and other items.
Feb 4, 2006
39 posts
100 upvotes
Ottawa
This is Amazon.com .. in USA... it says won't ship to Canada
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2007
2866 posts
2201 upvotes
Ottawa
From the look of them, the OP's one looks like a better quality than the Princess Auto one.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2005
5355 posts
2721 upvotes
WFH
alwaysbuylow wrote: From the look of them, the OP's one looks like a better quality than the Princess Auto one.
Of course looks can be deceptive but with no spec that's all TSC are giving us to go on. I picked up the PA one last year for $17.99 when it was on sale and it works as advertised.

If you have more than one vehicle or other equipment with lead acid batteries e.g. lawn tractor, boat, RV etc these testers are handy to own.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
hightech wrote: These used to be popular 5 to 10 years ago but most places use You are better off just driving to your local Parts Source and they can do a free battery and charging system test. The device they use does this and also checks alternator voltage and other items.
Doesn't part source require you to remove the battery and bring it into the store to test them?
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18021 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto
adilh53 wrote: Doesn't part source require you to remove the battery and bring it into the store to test them?
They have 2 services:

- Complete battery test and charge: You have to bring them the battery
- In car testing - Most stores offer this and this is the handheld unit that many garages/dealerships use to test the system out and charge $35 bucks
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6586 posts
1750 upvotes
rural ontario
I have the princess auto one.. works without issue. Also got it on sale for $19.99... well worth it. spotted a weak battery with it before it became a problem.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
albundy99999999 wrote: Does this run off a battery source on the unit itself?
No battery source in the tester. All the power comes from the car battery.

BTW, the TSC price was $23.99 when I got mine in March. Their sale prices vary from week to week.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
716 upvotes
Toronto
Inno wrote: No battery source in the tester. All the power comes from the car battery.

BTW, the TSC price was $23.99 when I got mine in March. Their sale prices vary from week to week.
Thanks!

Can it be tested on UPS battery as well?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
716 upvotes
Toronto
rilles wrote: I have the princess auto one.. works without issue. Also got it on sale for $19.99... well worth it. spotted a weak battery with it before it became a problem.
How do you tell the battery is leaking with the tester?