Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 18, 2010
44 posts
27 upvotes
Beaver Dam

TSC price adjustment policy?

I ordered an item last night that was priced at $214.88. Today that same item is now marked down to $150.42. I contacted their customer service and they are refusing to do a price adjustment. Excuse is that I used a promo code last night and they "can't go giving refunds for everyone whenever they call"...this is my first time ever calling for anything like this, and the $214.88 price from yesterday (and today's $150.42 price) are both WITHOUT any promo codes. I regularly purchase large-ticket items from them. Tried cancelling the order from last night to just put a new one in today, told nope, have to cancel before midnight. I then told them I was just going to return it when it got here then. Was told I'd be charged a $15 charge for return shipping. Even doing that, I'm still ahead with the price difference. Cannot believe the crappy customer service.

Does anyone know what their price adjustment policy is?? Can't find anything on their site.
5 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
578 upvotes
Toronto
Does your credit card have price protection? Most do.
[OP]
Feb 18, 2010
44 posts
27 upvotes
Beaver Dam
I believe it does, however if TSC does in fact have a price protection policy, they should be the ones making the adjustment rather than sticking it to my credit card company (i know, not that I feel much empathy for huge financial corps lol) but it's the principle of the thing. At the most, TSC is not fulfilling their policies. At the minimum, it's the worst customer service I've experienced in quite awhile.
LostInTruth wrote:
Feb 20th, 2015 10:19 am
Does your credit card have price protection? Most do.
Jan 22, 2014
691 posts
495 upvotes
lissdawn wrote:
Feb 20th, 2015 10:23 am
I believe it does, however if TSC does in fact have a price protection policy, they should be the ones making the adjustment rather than sticking it to my credit card company (i know, not that I feel much empathy for huge financial corps lol) but it's the principle of the thing. At the most, TSC is not fulfilling their policies. At the minimum, it's the worst customer service I've experienced in quite awhile.
Call them again. Sometimes you get different answers from different reps.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5411 posts
812 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, they have slow response times on correcting things. There have been items they have been charging tax on that are non taxable items, I have brought to their attention more than once and it took them WEEKS to fix. I was trying to help them not get in trouble.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.