Hot Deals

[TSC Stores] FORMULA 3000 RUST CURE $5.00 (Nov9-15)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2018 8:31 pm
[OP]
Mar 4, 2006
423 posts
99 upvotes

[TSC Stores] FORMULA 3000 RUST CURE $5.00 (Nov9-15)

On sale again, great deal for this product. I found for areas under the car it does get wash off easily, but long lasting for places like inside door and fenders.
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9052 posts
4041 upvotes
Perfect timing was just looking at CT for some.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Oct 15, 2017
180 posts
72 upvotes
Canada
davebert wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 11:49 am
On sale again, great deal for this product. I found for areas under the car it does get wash off easily, but long lasting for places like inside door and fenders.
Thanks op!

Anyone have any links to videos/instructions on applying this stuff, apart from the brakes, where else not to spray?
Last edited by dsweetlou on Nov 9th, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1099 posts
140 upvotes
dsweetlou wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 12:20 pm
Thanks op!

Anyone have any links or videos on applying this stuff, apart from the brakes, where else not to spray?
Paint. Basically just go under the car and spray everything. If you get it on the exhaust and manifold it will smoke a lot and look like your engine is on fire but it will burn off quickly.
Oct 15, 2017
180 posts
72 upvotes
Canada
RAINMAN0 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 12:28 pm

Paint. Basically just go under the car and spray everything. If you get it on the exhaust and manifold it will smoke a lot and look like your engine is on fire but it will burn off quickly.
Great, thanks RAINMAN0.

Watched a video for a similar product and the lady sprayed the door hinges when door is open. Those hinges are painted. What will this product do to the paint, will it eat away at the paint? Wondering how careful need to be.
[OP]
Mar 4, 2006
423 posts
99 upvotes
Like RAINMAN0 say, you could spray it just about anywhere. Just do not get it in your eyes and wear a mask if you want to be extra careful. Didn't seem to affect the rubber seals on my Mazda and the paint.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1099 posts
140 upvotes
I dont think it will do damage to the paint as I sprayed the back of my painted winter steel wheels and its fine but you really don't want it on your car paint because its gooy and messy and a pain to clean off.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1482 posts
485 upvotes
Perfect. I have to put my VW camper away and I always use this on the chassis and suspension. Best rust prevention product I've used. Sprays as an aresol and sticks and creeps as a gel. It was tested and proven to be the most effective rust prevention chemical by the Canadian military as well. It's good stuff and I stock up when it's $5 a can.
Always in search of a great deal....
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1099 posts
140 upvotes
dsweetlou wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 12:29 pm
Great, thanks RAINMAN0.

Watched a video for a similar product and the lady sprayed the door hinges when door is open. Those hinges are painted. What will this product do to the paint, will it eat away at the paint? Wondering how careful need to be.
You could probably spray the bottom of the doors too, they tend to start rusting there but it is painted but its hidden. Basically, spray it anywhere you want to prevent rust.

Also, it doesnt drip a lot but it can make a mess while spraying. I'd reccommend doing it on the road or put some plastic down if you care about your driveway. The spots tend to stay a long time.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8549 posts
1242 upvotes
Toronto
Don't get it on rubber, it does affect at least certain types of rubber.
May 24, 2015
245 posts
53 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I always stock up when this stuff goes on for $5. I spray everywhere underneath the car (not including the exhaust). I will usually spray my door hinges as well. Other then that, I use this on my backyard fence hinges, and anything metal around the exterior of the house (parts of my shed, etc).

Really good stuff.
Mar 30, 2018
79 posts
57 upvotes
It's on the weekly flyer. Nov 15
ysl5710 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 4:59 pm
When is the sale end?
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3302 posts
3043 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is good stuff, I use either this or Rust-Check Coat-n-Protect... which is pretty similar. I use whichever is on sale.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
6872 posts
301 upvotes
York
So how does one apply this? Just get under your car and spray but avoid the exhaust? What about drilling holes like they do at Krown?