Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TSC Stores

Formula 3000 Rust Cure $5

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2018 11:09 pm
Sep 10, 2014
176 posts
164 upvotes
ON

[TSC Stores] Formula 3000 Rust Cure $5

I've been waiting for this stuff to go on sale so i can change my tires and spray a bit of this on my car. Its great stuff and at $5 a can its a great deal.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
2114 posts
1262 upvotes
Great stuff, need some as well. Thanks for the heads up. PM at CT...
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1457 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto
Does this stuff leak all over the driveway like krown?
JS
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1704 posts
1824 upvotes
Ottawa
jokerstone1 wrote: Does this stuff leak all over the driveway like krown?
Yes it does. Speaking from experience.
Sep 10, 2014
176 posts
164 upvotes
ON
It does if you over spray on one area but its much better than krown in the dripping category
Sep 22, 2014
448 posts
189 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Thanks op. Just bought a case of 12.
Krown is 82bucks for 12 here.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1541 posts
763 upvotes
T Dot
this stuff is great! use it on my garage door railings, bottom of lawn mower, snow blower, cars and etc.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1629 posts
76 upvotes
PMed CT during the last sale. If you have the CT card, they'll do beat the price (and you get the difference in CT money), otherwise it's just matching
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4615 posts
3080 upvotes
flypretty wrote: PMed CT during the last sale. If you have the CT card, they'll do beat the price (and you get the difference in CT money), otherwise it's just matching
CT has been difficult to PM
Feb 12, 2008
293 posts
74 upvotes
Scarborough
I find this stuff washed off immediately after it rained, did I do something wrong?
May 28, 2016
391 posts
185 upvotes
how is this compared with wd40 and brake cleaner?
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1629 posts
76 upvotes
Many members have had success PMing at CT. Maybe the store you visited is one of the ones that are known to not PM. You might want to try another location and/or dig up the old thread to see which ones members were able to PM at.
cristianosham wrote: CT has been difficult to PM
Apr 19, 2012
320 posts
75 upvotes
Brampton
gowifi wrote: how is this compared with wd40 and brake cleaner?
WD40 stands for water displacement and is a thin oil.

The rust cure on the other hand is a thick film that clings to the object you sprayed and will stay for a longer time. It creates a thick coat of oil and protects again the elements.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2009
1232 posts
415 upvotes
Burlington
flypretty wrote: PMed CT during the last sale. If you have the CT card, they'll do beat the price (and you get the difference in CT money), otherwise it's just matching
I tried to price match something at CT a few months ago and they didn't give me the 10% difference in CT money. I asked about it in case they forgot, and they said they don't do that anymore, they will match the price but they won't beat it with CT money anymore.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3327 posts
1948 upvotes
Phantasm wrote: I tried to price match something at CT a few months ago and they didn't give me the 10% difference in CT money. I asked about it in case they forgot, and they said they don't do that anymore, they will match the price but they won't beat it with CT money anymore.
That is correct - there is no more 'beat' in their policy - they only match. You don't get any extra CT money - you just get the base CT money on the amount spent. No longer worth it to drive to CT to PM unless they are more convenient.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1629 posts
76 upvotes
Good to know. Thanks for the correction and validation. I don't see anything mentioned on their website anymore in relation to this, so I guess it's no longer the case since maybe 6-7 months now.
flyer12 wrote: That is correct - there is no more 'beat' in their policy - they only match. You don't get any extra CT money - you just get the base CT money on the amount spent. No longer worth it to drive to CT to PM unless they are more convenient.
Oct 27, 2015
175 posts
8 upvotes
N/A
hi all,

I know it is a long shot but would like to ask if anyone know I can get some rust cure(in case or couple bottles) for better deal than at regular CT price in BC lower mainland areas? Thanks in advance for anyone can help.