Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TSC Stores

Rust Cure - Corrossion Free back on sale

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2016 12:41 am
Sep 27, 2009
122 posts
50 upvotes

[TSC Stores] Rust Cure - Corrossion Free back on sale

Rust Cure - Corrosion Free is back on sale at TSC. Great product, best in my opinion. Possible PM at CT. Easy to DIY. $5.00 a can.

http://flyers.tscstores.com/h/m/tscstor ... =en&type=1
http://f.wishabi.net/page_pdf_images/34 ... c93b/large
23 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR
I am not sure if it is the best but I spray generously under my car and 1 year later the rust cure seems to have disappeared and the brakelines have rust. So I spray the entire bottom under the car again and will get back in 1 year to see if it came off again. Don't think it lasts 18 months unless they sell something different in the cans on the shelves versus the stuff they sell to the rust cure dealers.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5865 posts
3138 upvotes
Winnipeg
nomdesplumes wrote: I am not sure if it is the best but I spray generously under my car and 1 year later the rust cure seems to have disappeared and the brakelines have rust. So I spray the entire bottom under the car again and will get back in 1 year to see if it came off again. Don't think it lasts 18 months unless they sell something different in the cans on the shelves versus the stuff they sell to the rust cure dealers.
Is it okay to spray the entire bottom? I was thinking of not spraying parts that get hot (i.e. exhaust)
Lucky Mobile | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Sep 27, 2009
122 posts
50 upvotes
I have used both the spray cans and the 4L jug (that goes on sale for $45 ish) and applied it with a spray gun and compressor. Sprayed the entire vehicle (not entire engine bay, sunroof etc). Most shops will say car may smoke after, but that lasts a few minutes.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Every 6 -8months, respray.
nomdesplumes wrote: I am not sure if it is the best but I spray generously under my car and 1 year later the rust cure seems to have disappeared and the brakelines have rust. So I spray the entire bottom under the car again and will get back in 1 year to see if it came off again. Don't think it lasts 18 months unless they sell something different in the cans on the shelves versus the stuff they sell to the rust cure dealers.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58651 posts
24637 upvotes
Besides the brakes, anything else to avoid on the underside that seems to have some rust? What about the suspension components, those seem to show rusting very early on.
Sep 27, 2009
122 posts
50 upvotes
Spray everything liberally. If you get it done at a shop they will always tell you that it might smoke and watch your brakes the first few stops.
alanbrenton wrote: Besides the brakes, anything else to avoid on the underside that seems to have some rust? What about the suspension components, those seem to show rusting very early on.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58651 posts
24637 upvotes
Picked up four cans at CT since the nearest TSC was 24 km away.

Forgot CT gives CT money for PM's.

Hoping I get spraying done before the onset of winter.

Probably won't need the long straw for precision spraying and just spray the underside liberally?

Hopefully it won't soften suspension damping. :)
Jan 27, 2007
451 posts
118 upvotes
Richmond Hill
This stuff does drip so make sure you are wearing glasses and masks if you get underneath the car. Having a wire brush is also a good idea while doing this, to scrub down some rust
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2321 posts
1676 upvotes
SW Ontario
Excellent deal thanks OP

Picked up 7 cans to do an old truck

We had a local place do Corrosion Free on my wifes brand new van when we got it a month ago ... really impressed with this stuff compared with what I've used for may years ...
I'd rather be outdoors camping, kayaking, and mountain biking ...
Feb 12, 2016
69 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
Is this a good option to spray on existing rust to prevent from spreading?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4107 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
alanbrenton wrote:
Gr33ned wrote: Is this a good option to spray on existing rust to prevent from spreading?
I believe so. For $5 a can, I don't mind becoming a guinea pig but there has been testimonials from the Canadian Defense in the 2nd link below:

https://corrosionfree.com/

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbth ... /2083606/1
true, but the military currently uses Krown on their vehicles. That being said I got the CF3000 spray gun kit for my compressor.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1605 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
I did my car at a shop last year and it cost $150. How many cans do to a decent job on a sedan? It's it easy to do a decent job?

My dad also go a new cx5. I was going to bring it to krown to try them out. Not sure if they can do a lot better job.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR
deadice wrote:
alanbrenton wrote:
Gr33ned wrote: Is this a good option to spray on existing rust to prevent from spreading?
I believe so. For $5 a can, I don't mind becoming a guinea pig but there has been testimonials from the Canadian Defense in the 2nd link below:

true, but the military currently uses Krown on their vehicles. That being said I got the CF3000 spray gun kit for my compressor.
So what ever the military uses is supposed to be good?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58651 posts
24637 upvotes
deadice wrote:
alanbrenton wrote:

Main difference from what I read just today was that Krown is oil-based and this Corrosion Free isn't. Maybe that makes it safer on vinyl, rubber, etc. as per label. I think I recall oil base will kinda damage rubber or similar components. With military, they vehicles are likely built like tanks with no rubber components. :)
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1605 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
CT took the price match even though there is no TSC close to you? I also don't have a TSC around me. Not sure if I can price match
Jan 27, 2007
451 posts
118 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DdBigs wrote: CT took the price match even though there is no TSC close to you? I also don't have a TSC around me. Not sure if I can price match
You can.
Sep 27, 2009
122 posts
50 upvotes
Probably 4 cans. So 20.00 +Tx. The true RFD way. With a car access will be the issue. If you have a jack and jack stands not a problem. I am always amazed at the range of the spray coming out of the cans. Just wear clothes you don't care about.

The krown vs CF debate is enough to give anyone a headache. There are those that will swear by either. Krown drips way more so conceivably it creeps better. CF is thicker so it adheres better. Whatever, both are good products. I do prefer CF for DIY.
DdBigs wrote: I did my car at a shop last year and it cost $150. How many cans do to a decent job on a sedan? It's it easy to do a decent job?

My dad also go a new cx5. I was going to bring it to krown to try them out. Not sure if they can do a lot better job.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)