Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

TSN.ca Euro 2012 Online Streaming (HD) Tournament Pass - $19.99 (No HST, No Ads)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2012 4:52 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
8350 posts
2265 upvotes
GTA

[Bell] TSN.ca Euro 2012 Online Streaming (HD) Tournament Pass - $19.99 (No HST, No Ads)

If you are like me and don't have Bell/Rogers TV service, here's an excellent opportunity to watch all Euro 2012 games online in HD quality:

http://www.tsn.ca/euro2012/special/?id=68171

Apparently, no HST is charged. I paid exactly $19.99 CDN for tournament pass.

***Update 2012/06/24***

Well, we're well into the playoffs now and it appears that TSN cannot keep up with bandwidth demand... The stream quality has gone downhill. My picture is more pixelated, others report stream interruptions. It's still watchable, but you may want to look elsewhere. A rather disappointing job by TSN or whoever provides them with streaming service.

***Update 2012/06/08***

A few notes after watching the first 2 matches:

- There are no ads and no TSN pre-game/half-time commentary, just the game video feed with British play-by-play

- Quality is generally excellent; in my case, picture is HD-quality on 50" TV but there's very slight choppiness in playback, you stop noticing it after a while; others say playback is smooth so YMMV

- No buffering issues, non-stop playback for the entire two matches (I am on 25Mbit line)

- Be sure to download the latest version of Silverlight for PC/Mac if you're experiencing any video playback issues

- Game schedule is available here: http://www.tsn.ca/euro2012/feature/?id=58217

- Once matches are over, they will be posted online for FREE on-demand viewing. TSN seems to be taking their time though posting recorded games. See http://www.tsn.ca/window/euro2012_VOD/.

- This service is for PC/Mac only (requires MS Silverlight), it will not work on your iPad/iPhone/PS3/etc.

Frequently Asked Questions

GENERAL

There are three ways to access TSN's Euro 2012 Pay-Per-View:

> For $19.99, purchase a Full Tournament package, which gives you access to every Euro 2012 game live.

> For $9.99 (starting June 20) you can purchase a Playoff package featuring all seven games of the Knockout Phase

> For $4.99 you can buy access for any single day (see details below)

All sign-up times are presented in CET (Central European Time), which is 6 hours later than ET, 9 hours later than PT.
Pay-Per-View streaming is for the live telecast only. Each game will be available on-demand for free on TSN.ca shortly after the end of each match.
The live player is available for Mac and Windows computers only. Because it relies on the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in for its advanced features, it will not work on tablet or handheld devices. For live Euro coverage on those devices check out TSN Mobile TV.

BILLING

> You cannot use your TSN.ca login information to sign up for Euro Pay-Per-View. Because we are working in partnership with UEFA, a new and separate login and password are required.

> All prices in Canadian dollars

> When entering your credit card information, the form will not ask you for your billing Province, but the transaction will still proceed properly.

ONE-DAY PASS (24-HOUR ACCESS)

> Sign-up for each day's 24-hour access will open one hour before the start of the first game of the day.

> 24-Hour access allows you to watch two games on each day of Group Stage play, June 8-19. During the Knockout Stage there is only one game every 24 hours, including the final on July 1.

> When you start the process to purchase 24-hour access on days with more than one game, you will only see one of the games listed, but you will have access to any other games happening in the next 24-hours.
171 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
2105 posts
686 upvotes
Thanks OP. This is great and thanks for posting.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11263 posts
6199 upvotes
Ontario
anyway to get stream for FREE from somewhere else? :D
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1535 posts
767 upvotes
Thinking of doing this, basically everyone in the office was streaming WC 2 years ago and IT had to issue a warning, I wonder if they will restrict it this time :D
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
8350 posts
2265 upvotes
GTA
Andro wrote: anyway to get stream for FREE from somewhere else? :D

If you have VPN access to a UK server, iTV will stream some games online and possibly BBC. I have to say though that $20 for the entire tournament is a good deal IMHO.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1225 posts
192 upvotes
www.ilemi.eu or www.ilemi.me shows alot of PPV and soccer games. Sure the quality might not be so great but nonetheless its watchable and decent. Most importantly its free.
There are usually more than 2 links to the game, choose one that best suits u or has the best quality.
Mar 18, 2006
124 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
It's better to sign up with unblock-us.com for $5 and watch through ESPN3.
Sep 17, 2008
597 posts
117 upvotes
Is it okie if i share my TNS login info with others, like few people share an account?
[external links removed]
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
8350 posts
2265 upvotes
GTA
s0n1c wrote: Is it okie if i share my TNS login info with others, like few people share an account?

If you're implying simultaneous streaming, the answer is most likely no. If you share account login but watching different games (at different times) or if you're accessing your account at different times from different computers, shouldn't be a prob.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
4012 posts
715 upvotes
blue99 wrote: It's better to sign up with unblock-us.com for $5 and watch through ESPN3.

It won't be on ESPN3, only ESPN and ESPN2 which you can only stream if you have a US cable sub.

EDIT: looks like some games will be on ESPN 3 (actually the better matches will be) which is awesome
Nov 22, 2005
422 posts
11 upvotes
What time are most games? 230pm and 530pm EST?

Hmmmm. I have a feeling the work IT guys are going to slow down the wifi connection really quickly... And Tethering may be too slow to watch these games
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3991 posts
1812 upvotes
HI-ROLLA wrote: What time are most games? 230pm and 530pm EST?

Hmmmm. I have a feeling the work IT guys are going to slow down the wifi connection really quickly... And Tethering may be too slow to watch these games

12 and 2:45 est
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
3261 posts
1220 upvotes
thanks OP...will contemplate if my go-to freebies don't pan out :twisted:
Oct 14, 2008
156 posts
31 upvotes
Ottawa
Each game will be available on-demand for free on TSN.ca shortly after the end of each match.
That's great news. I most likely won't be able to watch weekday games live due to, y'know, work. I may opt to buy the knockout round pack if my normal *cough* streaming sources don't work out, but I imagine streams won't be too hard to find.

HUP HOLLAND!
May 23, 2003
386 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
blue99 wrote: It's better to sign up with unblock-us.com for $5 and watch through ESPN3.

Noob question. How to watch through ESPN3?
I have a VPN to US server, but ESPN3 asks for broadband provider, which then requires me to log on to that provider's website?
Unless unblock-us has a login for you to use?
May 28, 2005
435 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
It seems iTV in the UK will air Euro 2012 Matches. You can download the iTV player app for android or iOS (Available in UK app store only, you just need to create a free UK account).
Then you just need a UK VPN. I signed up to SecurityKISS awhile back when they had a promo, and they seem to work quite well for streaming through a UK VPN. There is a free (Green) plan on SecurityKISS that you can sign up for here: http://www.securitykiss.com/pricing/

Certainly worth checking out.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2005
2085 posts
274 upvotes
Markham, ON
Anybody here purchased this and try the stream? I'm trying it out now and I'm getting a Video Error.
Apr 21, 2011
208 posts
206 upvotes
Kitchener
No VPN. Not HD quality but hey, it's free: http://www.lshunter.tv/
Does anybody know how to watch the matches when not-live, say at night?
Andro wrote: anyway to get stream for FREE from somewhere else? :D
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1490 posts
336 upvotes
Couple of questions

Does anyone know if this will work on an iPad? And I already have Rogers, are they also showing it online somewhere?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)