Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

TSN.ca Euro 2012 Online Streaming (HD) Tournament Pass - $19.99 (No HST, No Ads)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2012 4:52 pm
Apr 21, 2004
796 posts
89 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I am at work and I am watching Poland - Greece game right now on ESPN 3. I remotely logged into my home PC and I can't watch.

I am on Shaw here and I am on Novus at home. Weird...
Apr 21, 2004
796 posts
89 upvotes
Oakville, ON
D2K8 wrote: What service provider are you selecting?

It didn't ask for a provider. I know that it always does. I clicked on Watch Live and it started streaming.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1002 posts
251 upvotes
Ottawa
I'd definitely spring for this if I wasn't stuck at work all day during the week.

hopefully there is a way to stream the games on tsn.ca after they've aired WITHOUT having seen the scores. Trying to get to the replay streaming on CBC's website without seeing the scores was an issue during the last World Cup.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2005
1198 posts
72 upvotes
Mississauga
Hardaway wrote: It didn't ask for a provider. I know that it always does. I clicked on Watch Live and it started streaming.

tried.. it is asking for provider
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
2055 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
Held out buying the pass by using FREE stream sites with sopcast/flash. Even the popular ones were getting hammered today and couple went offline. The weekend games are going to be a pain to watch definitively.

So jumped on the month pass in the 2nd half. Must say I am pretty impressed with quality. Watching on 52" LCD using my HTPC. No buffering. Quality rate is maxed out at 2.4 Mbps.

The live game has ended now and I started playing with the application by rewinding/forwarding to certain part of the game with marked events. Pretty good.

However, since then I cannot connect to the stream. Tried different PCs as well. Anyone else having issues connecting right now? They mentioned stream would start 1 hr prior to game and since the next game is at 2:45 ET, I was hoping it would have stayed available.

EDIT:

These guys are updating their TOS on the fly. Here is the latest on the stream start/end. Earlier in the day it was 1 hr before KO till 30 mins after Full time. Then they updated to 30 min before KO till 15 min after full time. What next!!

The live stream will open a few minutes before kickoff, and shut down right after the end of the game. Each game will be available on-demand for free on TSN.ca shortly after the end of each match.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1789 posts
509 upvotes
GTA
I also paid for the HD live stream it's good. I have it running on my 40" LCD and a laptop upstairs simultaneously. Definitely worth it if you want to watch live. However the laptop connected to the TV is not smooth, but I attribute that to my weak C2D 2.0 ghz 4gb ram and integrated video. The sportsdevil streams were awful and I got kicked off.
Jun 7, 2012
1 posts
STITTSVILLE
Is there any way to purchase this service via paypal?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
4403 posts
103 upvotes
I found CBC.ca's coverage of the World Cup to be of great picture quality but suffered from constant stuttering, all while using a fraction of my download speed.
For this reason I paid the $5 for today's games only as a trial. I will upgrade to the whole tournament tomorrow. $25 total for all matches is great not that I am reasonably confident about the quality.
Good job TSN.ca

Having said that, my work was showing the noon game live in a 330+ seat amphitheatre today, and selling popcorn, drinks and snacks!
Yes I do have heatware. Look over here! Yes, here! Heatware: fitbrit
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1992 posts
461 upvotes
Picture is good but the video is stuttery. This is on a i7 2600K with 6850 and I pay for 25MBit/s Internet so it certainly isn't due to PC. It's acceptable. But not being able to see games after they finish (why? if it's free why not be able to see it here as well?) could be a deal killer.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
2055 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
aos007 wrote: Picture is good but the video is stuttery. This is on a i7 2600K with 6850 and I pay for 25MBit/s Internet so it certainly isn't due to PC. It's acceptable. But not being able to see games after they finish (why? if it's free why not be able to see it here as well?) could be a deal killer.

I am on 6 Mbps DSL and my stream rate is 2.4 Mbps (to find this, go FULLSCREEN and click on signal icon on bottom right). 2.4 mbps is max rate although they had mentioned 3.6 mbps. But they keep changing. Mine is streaming flawlessly.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
4403 posts
103 upvotes
aos007 wrote: Picture is good but the video is stuttery. This is on a i7 2600K with 6850 and I pay for 25MBit/s Internet so it certainly isn't due to PC. It's acceptable. But not being able to see games after they finish (why? if it's free why not be able to see it here as well?) could be a deal killer.

That's how it was for me two years ago on CBC.ca for the world cup. Now it's less sharp, but smooth as silk. i3 530 Clarkdale and nVidia 450GTS, 61" and 120" 1080p screens. Stream rate is a fairly constant 1.7 Mbps for me.
Oct 21, 2011
378 posts
593 upvotes
Brampton
can this stream on my samsung nexus s android 4.0.4 phone ( i think is 1 g cpu)?
thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
4403 posts
103 upvotes
For everyone asking about iPhones, iPads and Android devices, this deal is for PC streaming using Silverlight, I believe. There are packages available for your mobile devices too;, just go take a look on TSN.ca.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
8350 posts
2265 upvotes
GTA
Original post updated based on my own and others' feedback. Thanks all!
Jun 7, 2012
1 posts
NANAIMO
Hi I signed up and the live matches are excellent. I read in an earlier post that the matches can be seen on demand after the matches are finished. I went to the link below but all I can find are highlights. Anybody find the full matches.

- Once matches are over, they can be viewed online for FREE. See http://www.tsn.ca/euro2012/.

Any help much appreciated
Mar 11, 2004
91 posts
16 upvotes
London
Hi- I don't have cable at all but BF would like to watch this.
Sorry to hijack this thead- how can I watch this on my televison?
My PC is wired to PS3 and about 20 feet from our big screen TV.
I have PS3 and wdtv live.
I also have PS3 media server set up
Could I watch on ps3 using browser?
I could hookup laptop to tv but would be a REAL pain.
There is no hdmi output on either my laptop or PC.

Thanks for any input!
Lisa
Jun 7, 2012
2 posts
OTTAWA
murphyjf wrote: Hi I signed up and the live matches are excellent. I read in an earlier post that the matches can be seen on demand after the matches are finished. I went to the link below but all I can find are highlights. Anybody find the full matches.

- Once matches are over, they can be viewed online for FREE. See http://www.tsn.ca/euro2012/.

Same issue here. So much for "shortly" after
Apr 21, 2011
208 posts
206 upvotes
Kitchener
murphyjf wrote: Hi I signed up and the live matches are excellent. I read in an earlier post that the matches can be seen on demand after the matches are finished. I went to the link below but all I can find are highlights. Anybody find the full matches.

+1
Oct 14, 2008
156 posts
31 upvotes
Ottawa

It looks like they're rebroadcasting the matches in the evenings. I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until after that to put them up for on-demand streaming.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)