• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2019 3:23 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 29, 2010
549 posts
343 upvotes

TTC’s still crap

Haven’t been on the TTC for around a year because moved. Got on one today to go to the CNE- had to transfer to shuttle. Lmao what a shit show! Took 2 hours LOL from Finch to Union

Thank god I don’t have to deal with this crap regularly anymore. Continues to be the worst run shitportation I’ve ever had to endure.
Last edited by jillaryit on Aug 25th, 2019 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
68 replies
Penalty Box
Apr 19, 2017
827 posts
632 upvotes
Unions.
CucuCovers, GreatCanadianRebates, LendingLoop, Mintos, PayMi, Stack, Tangerine, TransferWise, Uber, Wealthsimple
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5598 posts
725 upvotes
Scarborough
The schedules are crappy and it just takes too long to get anywhere. Slow as a turtle.
Even go trains and buses are slow and take hours on each trip.
Car is best, but you gotta live close to work
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
1655 posts
813 upvotes
Vancouver
People still go for craps
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7730 posts
740 upvotes
Vancouver
jillaryit wrote: Haven’t been on the TTC for around a year because moved. Got on one today to go to the CNE- had to transfer to shuttle. Lmao what a shit show! Took 2 hours LOL from Finch to Union

Thank god I don’t have to deal with this crap anymore. Continues to be the worst run shitportion I’ve ever had to endure.
It’s planned maintenance on a weekend. As an infrequent user I don’t blame you for not checking. However it is planned and occasionally lines do need to be down. Just sucks there is only one north south line.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5472 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
You honestly thought after 1 year of not taking TTC you'd see drastic speed and efficiency, then fly down to CNE from Finch in 15min?
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
[OP]
Jan 29, 2010
549 posts
343 upvotes
No Frills wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 5:55 pm
You honestly thought after 1 year of not taking TTC you'd see drastic speed and efficiency, then fly down to CNE from Finch in 15min?
I just thought my negative memorises of TTC was maybe unwarranted. But no, they were and are valid.
[OP]
Jan 29, 2010
549 posts
343 upvotes
GangStarr wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 4:39 pm
It’s planned maintenance on a weekend. As an infrequent user I don’t blame you for not checking. However it is planned and occasionally lines do need to be down. Just sucks there is only one north south line.
Always think it’s weird how I never encountered scheduled maintenances when I lived in Vancouver, Sydney, Hong Kong and when I take GO trains. Oh yes, maintenances usually happen at night instead of the daytime for a normal, customer oriented public transportation service.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1357 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
I can't remember the last time the Yonge line didn't have scheduled maintenance. The Yonge/Eg construction for LRT has been going on forever, down to single lanes in all directions. DVP repairs this weekend too.

Definitely frustrating to be a regular TTC user.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
30681 posts
2564 upvotes
Winnipeg
jillaryit wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 6:33 pm
I just thought my negative memorises of TTC was maybe unwarranted. But no, they were and are valid.
not just the TTC, no government run operation is efficient.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15685 posts
2735 upvotes
Toronto
I just spent most of the night driving all over the city, coming back from the CNE, simply because the DVP northbound lanes were closed.
Roads were not a lot better. It's planned construction on the TTC, you can't blame them for that. It has to get done, it is what it is. Our system ain't new lol
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17622 posts
1729 upvotes
Space for rent
No Frills wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 5:55 pm
Werd.

It’ll take at least two years.

Schedules are always off the mark, people are rude af, and now you have a very food chance of being assaulted on your way to work or home. What a lovely city and an equally lovely people mover.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1884 posts
730 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Get a car, and don’t look back.
Even sitting in gridlock, it’s 100x better than the TTC!
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
2350 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
sandeep8g wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 2:59 pm
Unions.
Stop blaming unions. Inept politicians including the current premiere, who have made extremely poor transit decisions.
Penalty Box
Apr 19, 2017
827 posts
632 upvotes
maddawg wrote:
Aug 25th, 2019 5:11 am
Stop blaming unions. Inept politicians including the current premiere, who have made extremely poor transit decisions.
Theyre all overpaid, underworked blood sucking leeches that cant make it in the private sector.
CucuCovers, GreatCanadianRebates, LendingLoop, Mintos, PayMi, Stack, Tangerine, TransferWise, Uber, Wealthsimple