Tags:
None
[OP]
May 19, 2008
2 posts
Toronto

TTC and VIVA: transfer question

Hello,

I am getting a job at Weston and Highway 7 in Woodbridge. I currently live between Keele and Finch and Jane and Sheppard.
I would like to know if their is bus the travels directly up Weston Road (from Weston & Finch to Highway 7 & Weston) without transferring and paying an extra rate? I would also like to know if there is something similar with regards to Jane Street (from Jane and Sheppard to Jane and Highway 7).

Thank you for any information....

Have a nice evening..

Andrea
Share:
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
6733 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
The only reason I am doing this homework for you is because the TTC website does suck. So the 165 Weston road bus travels north on weston and can pick you up at Finch and Weston (or just about any stop on weston north of wilson) and drop you off at 7 & Weston. Look for the 165G/F/A. It requires 2 TTC fares or a metropass and a premium bus route sticker. If you want to be a true RFD'er walk up to steeles and catch the bus north of Steeles. Thus requiring only 1 fare.

I don't know about viva, but I suggest consulting their website before posting here. http://tripplanner.yrt.ca/

416 393 INFO for ttc information. or TTC.ca look for route maps and the 165 Westin Rd WESTbound

Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
6733 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
jcoltage wrote:
May 20th, 2008 7:28 pm
its like 3 km to steeles from where you live ... its only a 20 km walk .. why give miller 6 bucks for a 10 min bus ride.
yeah miller gets 100% of TTC fares, good point Jcoltage... :rolleyes:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
6733 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
jcoltage wrote:
May 20th, 2008 7:42 pm
Yea why not, who else is going to pay for Where in the World is Mayor Miller - Could it be New York today or China torm.

I am just making a point that Finch is not too far from Steeles and its summer so the OP can just Bike it to YRT zone.

http://www.robford.ca/expensedetails.asp
Mayor Miller
Ads/Promo
$6,392.20
Food/Drink
$1,793.73
Misc. Office
$199,106.44
Taxi/Trans
$1,869.14

Tickets/Donations
$15,535.00

He does get a free Metro Pass
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2004
10349 posts
6 upvotes
TTC bus routes operating North of Steeles require an extra (full) fare. Best option to save $$ is to get to Steeles (walk, bike, etc.) and take the bus from there (only one fare).
So long. I'm outta here.
May 17, 2005
495 posts
65 upvotes
There is a bus that travels from Keele & Finch (and York University) to Weston & Highway 7 for only one YRT fare. It's called "Viva Orange."

As mentioned earlier there are TTC buses that travel up Weston and Jane and they require two fares. Check your choice of the TTC or YRT websites and look for their system maps (or "ride guide").
Deal Fanatic
Oct 17, 2006
5309 posts
273 upvotes
walking from finch to steeles is quite a distance....especially after a long day of work...u won't want to walk...yes..u do have to pay 2 fares...one for ttc and one for yrt...

10 ttc tickets=$22.50
10- YRT ticket=$24
=$26.5/wk

GTA pass=$47/wk (connects to all public transit for a wk)
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2006
4154 posts
154 upvotes
North York
I ride the 165 (or 96) daily during both morning/evening rush between Wilson/Dufferin and York Mills. It's PACKED when I get on/off, so make sure your willing to squeeze in.
Korean girlfriends? Learn to Google? Save money?
What RFD can do for you?[/B] If you drive dangerously I hope you get caught and lose your license/car/dignity! :twisted: :twisted:
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2006
1112 posts
184 upvotes
You can make the trip into York Region from your area without having to use the TTC at all with VIVA Orange. Only one fare is required and it's only $3.

VIVA Orange
http://www.yrt.ca/maps/navigators/YRT-V ... em_map.pdf
You can get on outside Downsview Station, Keele & Finch, or York U in your area. The route has a stops at Weston/Highway 7

Frequency: 10-15 minutes from morning to midnight; Monday-Sunday

You have to buy the instant OneRide ticket with coins or validate prepaid York Region Transit tickets (sticking it in) the big blue machines with the V logo on it. You must hold on to these tickets, as they serve as your two-hour transfer. The driver doesn't accept tickets or change, random transit police check tickets and the fine is $150.

If this isn't an option, you'll have to take a TTC bus North of Steeles, which costs $2.75 (TTC portion of the fare which you pay when you get on) + $3.00 (YRT portion of the fare which you pay when you get off in York Region). You can transfer from these TTC buses onto YRT/VIVA Highway 7 buses.

www.yrt.ca
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
6733 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
jcoltage wrote:
May 20th, 2008 10:17 pm
My apologies... but OPs got 3 options Orange Line out of Downsview - Walk - Double Fare.
So you still havn't explained how taking the TTC contributes to Miller's taxi cab chits. Are you saying if the OP takes Viva, Miller won't be able/afford to take a taxi? :rolleyes:

Blame game sure is fun isn't it jcoltage?
[OP]
May 19, 2008
2 posts
Toronto
Thank you very much for the answers. This helps a lot. The reason that I asked the question was because the TTC route map (pdf) shows the weston route as continue up through woodbridge (red dots instead of a solid red line). I didn't know if and where you would pay for the transfer.

Thank you for your responses.
Nov 19, 2007
343 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Pay fare for TTC when you board the bus. Pay York Region fare when you leave the bus. Thus, you pay 2 fares.

Please note that some drivers have started enforcing the "law" where you must pay a YRT/VIVA ticket for the york region fare or the TTC ticket + additional $0.15.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
6733 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
Andreagolfer wrote:
May 21st, 2008 4:07 pm
Thank you very much for the answers. This helps a lot. The reason that I asked the question was because the TTC route map (pdf) shows the weston route as continue up through woodbridge (red dots instead of a solid red line). I didn't know if and where you would pay for the transfer.

Thank you for your responses.
umm if you read the map legend you would see the red dots mean that a bus only runs that route during rush hour. Has nothing to do with when you pay your fare.
× < >