Group Deals

ONE-YEAR NEW GOLD STAR MEMBERSHIP WITH EXCLUSIVE COUPONS, A $20 COSTCO SHOP CARD AND MORE! $60

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2019 1:29 am
[OP]
Dec 22, 2011
494 posts
315 upvotes

ONE-YEAR NEW GOLD STAR MEMBERSHIP WITH EXCLUSIVE COUPONS, A $20 COSTCO SHOP CARD AND MORE! $60

What you get
Pay $60 for your Costco Wholesale Membership package (total value of $156.98) including:
One Year Costco Canada Gold Star Membership (value of $60)
FREE membership for a spouse
$20 Costco Shop Card if member sets up membership auto-renewal using any type of Mastercard® at signup
$25 Costco.ca online voucher (minimum purchase $250)
1 FREE box of Kirkland Signature Laundry Pacs (value of $21.99)
1 FREE box of Kirkland Signature Paper Towels (value of $19.99)
$10 OFF one fresh meat item

Details
Offer valid in Canada only for new members and memberships that have been expired for more than 12 months (Members also receive a free membership to be used by a spouse or a family member 18 years of age or older living at the same address)
Maximum of 1 coupon per person for personal use & 1 additional to offer as gift
Limit of 1 coupon per transaction
Your voucher has to be redeemed in a Costco location in Canada by December 31, 2019 - after this expiration date, if you do not use your coupon, you will be automatically refunded by the method of payment on your record (the refund will be done in the days/weeks following December 31, 2019)
You may see the complete list of Costco locations in Canada BY CLICKING HERE
Offer is not valid for renewals
Your membership card will be remitted by the location when you sign-up
Coupons and Costco.ca voucher will be given when you sign up at the Membership Counter at your local Costco. The $20 Costco Shop Card is only given when you enroll in their membership Auto-Renew program with any Mastercard
$20 Costco Shop Card cannot be used toward membership fees
Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services
Membership card will be subject to applicable taxes (payable at the warehouse)
Cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or discount
Cannot be replaced if stolen or lost
Non transferable
Please note that no Tuango promotion is applicable to this offer (promotional code or cash back)
:D
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5577 posts
1338 upvotes
Calgary
i wouldn't bother, if you're anywhere near a costco and you drive to work, get the executive, get gas exclusively at costco, it'll pay for its self and you'll get cheap gas.
Jul 6, 2008
411 posts
60 upvotes
Montreal
T3rry wrote:
Sep 19th, 2019 11:42 am
i wouldn't bother, if you're anywhere near a costco and you drive to work, get the executive, get gas exclusively at costco, it'll pay for its self and you'll get cheap gas.
It's annectodal, but many people on a fb group (including myself) have noticed that our car SIGNIFICANTLY consummes more when using costco's. It ends up costing twice (and time) what I would've gotten in any other gas station.

Note that this is in Quebec. Not sure if it's the same gas everywhere in Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5577 posts
1338 upvotes
Calgary
whabs wrote:
Sep 19th, 2019 11:55 am
It's annectodal, but many people on a fb group (including myself) have noticed that our car SIGNIFICANTLY consummes more when using costco's. It ends up costing twice (and time) what I would've gotten in any other gas station.

Note that this is in Quebec. Not sure if it's the same gas everywhere in Canada.
there are 14 refineries that supply the gas for all stations in canada, if this is an issue at costco, it'd be an issue elsewhere too... costco doesnt have their own refineries.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3305 posts
2692 upvotes
The NORTH
T3rry wrote:
Sep 19th, 2019 1:09 pm
there are 14 refineries that supply the gas for all stations in canada, if this is an issue at costco, it'd be an issue elsewhere too... costco doesnt have their own refineries.
But, but, but.... A facebook group... Your facts mean nothing against all those bot.. um, I mean people's annectdotal evidence!
Dec 12, 2010
157 posts
54 upvotes
whabs wrote:

Interesting. Link to the group?
Awesome Deals Grabbed:
Samsung 55" KS8500 @ BestBuy - $1599.95 | Free Chromecast with Google Home Purchase @ Best Buy | PS4 Pro @ Staples - $360 | Telus - $60/10 GB ~ Koodo - $25/Unlimited CAD Calling ~ Koodo - $49/8GB
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23974 posts
9511 upvotes
whabs wrote:
Since we're doing anecdotes, I have the exact opposite experience.
Filling up at what used to be Superstore's gas bar, I was about 10-20% less mileage than filling up at Costco.
Since those have been scrapped for Mobil and Esso, I'm back at par, anecdotally speaking.

Not that any of it makes a difference because unless you're driving the exact same conditions for both tanks there's going to be some variation.

Side note: I also lost about 10% mileage going from AB to BC.
Mar 4, 2019
6 posts
H1A 1L4
I just bought this today. I went to Costco and received everything they say in the cuppon. I think it worths $20 Costco Shop Card if members set up Auto-Renew at sign-up
They gave me two cards with 10 cad each one.
- $25 Costco.ca Online voucher (minimum purchase $250)
- $10 discount on your purchase of fresh meat
- 1 Kirkland Signature Laundry Pacs (value of $21.99)
- 1 Kirkland Signature Paper Towels (value of $14.99)
- FREE membership for a spouse.

I'm happy because they sell a lot of things for my day by day really cheap.
Aug 20, 2016
324 posts
282 upvotes

Note that this is in Quebec. Not sure if it's the same gas everywhere in Canad
the people are also in the anti vaccine group
Apr 21, 2019
184 posts
116 upvotes
T3rry wrote:
Sep 19th, 2019 11:42 am
Superstore is usually cheaper when factoring in PC Optimum points. When factoring in the cost of executive membership, it surely would be cheaper. Lines are also shorter.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23974 posts
9511 upvotes
monsterdon wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2019 1:21 pm
Superstore is usually cheaper when factoring in PC Optimum points.
Costco is generally about $0.01 or $0.02 cheaper still, even with a PC Mastercard.
This is basically a rounding error at this point though.
Also not applicable any more since Mobil has taken over, but I hated their old gas.

EDIT: It's a landslide right now.

Costco in Langley, BC is currently 1.349
The closest PC eligible station is 1.529
7 cents with PC Mastercard puts it at 1.459 which is still $0.11 more than Costco base. If you factor in 2% for something like Costco's Mastercard it's even better.

Costco in Port Coquitlam is 1.399
PC Eligible nearby is 1.479
This is better at $0.01 more, but still worse after factoring in 2%
This one is more like a rounding error. But I've seen people do worse for $0.038/L

EDIT: Now I'm curious.
Let's say you have a 2010 Beige Corolla. 20k KM per year. 30mpg average city/highway. You're using 1568L per year.
$0.038/L X 1568L/year = $59.59 in fuel SOLELY by fueling at Costco. That's damn near exactly enough to pay for a regular membership.
This is also pretty much worse case scenario.

If you live in Langley, it's a $0.13698 difference which equates to $214.78 which damn near doubles an Executive membership.
Apr 21, 2019
184 posts
116 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2019 1:41 pm
Costco is generally about $0.01 or $0.02 cheaper still, even with a PC Mastercard.
This is basically a rounding error at this point though.
Also not applicable any more since Mobil has taken over, but I hated their old gas.

EDIT: It's a landslide right now.

Costco in Langley, BC is currently 1.349
The closest PC eligible station is 1.529
7 cents with PC Mastercard puts it at 1.459 which is still $0.11 more than Costco base. If you factor in 2% for something like Costco's Mastercard it's even better.

Costco in Port Coquitlam is 1.399
PC Eligible nearby is 1.479
This is better at $0.01 more, but still worse after factoring in 2%
This one is more like a rounding error. But I've seen people do worse for $0.038/L

EDIT: Now I'm curious.
Let's say you have a 2010 Beige Corolla. 20k KM per year. 30mpg average city/highway. You're using 1568L per year.
$0.038/L X 1568L/year = $59.59 in fuel SOLELY by fueling at Costco. That's damn near exactly enough to pay for a regular membership.
This is also pretty much worse case scenario.

If you live in Langley, it's a $0.13698 difference which equates to $214.78 which damn near doubles an Executive membership.
Huh. Costco here in Edmonton at the moment is only $0.05/L cheaper than Superstore.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23974 posts
9511 upvotes
monsterdon wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2019 2:34 pm
Huh. Costco here in Edmonton at the moment is only $0.05/L cheaper than Superstore.
Before or after PC?
If it's before it makes it $0.02 cheaper than Costco before their 2%.
I don't know what gas is, but that'd be close to par.
If it's after, $0.05/L would easily pay for a membership.