Apr 17, 2005
289 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto

TurboFlix.com - Free Month Beta to Watch US and UK Netflix

Deal Link:
Savings:
Free
I don't know if you guys have heard of TurboFlix, but they just opened up their public beta for registrations.

I participated in a closed beta and was blown away. Basically, you get access to US and UK Netflix shows on your Canadian account, free (for now...). They're only taking 10000 registrations, so I wanted to let my RFD bros know before they're all gone! You get a free month and a shot at a yearly subscription (they're giving away 100).
21 replies
Nov 9, 2013
699 posts
776 upvotes
Barrie
Do you need to have an already active Netflix account for this?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8532 upvotes
GTHA
RyanD163 wrote: Do you need to have an already active Netflix account for this?
"Did you know that your Netflix subscription is missing thousands of movies and TV shows from other parts of the world?"

You need to have your own Netflix account. :|
Nov 9, 2013
699 posts
776 upvotes
Barrie
tk1000 wrote: "Did you know that your Netflix subscription is missing thousands of movies and TV shows from other parts of the world?"

You need to have your own Netflix account. :|
Thanks for regurgitating what was already said.

I had no idea how this Beta test works.
What I was trying to get at is if this is a standalone service for during the test or just a plain old "location work around".

But thanks for being a smartass
Jan 26, 2014
118 posts
121 upvotes
Hola has yet to let me down.

Anyone got a comparison list?
Apr 30, 2006
282 posts
1200 upvotes
Montreal
RyanD163 wrote: Thanks for regurgitating what was already said.

But thanks for being a smartass
I don't see where he is a smartass in this. He was quoting the website to answer your question. I wasn't sure myself, but by re-reading what he quoted confirmed what I suspected.
Nov 9, 2013
699 posts
776 upvotes
Barrie
witchblade wrote: I don't see where he is a smartass in this. He was quoting the website to answer your question. I wasn't sure myself, but by re-reading what he quoted confirmed what I suspected.
It actually doesn't confirm anything. The possibility is still open that this is a standalone service. The fact that the website doesn't give much info raises this question.

I just want to hear it from OP, since he said he already participated in the closed beta.
Aug 8, 2014
2 posts
I am also in the private Beta, I signed up a while ago when they were looking for testers. I can confirm that they have US, UK, and Canadian Netflix regions enabled. I've tried some of the other sites in the past, and it involved a lot of technical know how. I had this setup in less than five minutes.
[OP]
Apr 17, 2005
289 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
RyanD163 wrote: What I was trying to get at is if this is a standalone service for during the test or just a plain old "location work around".
Its not a standalone service, no.
Nov 9, 2013
699 posts
776 upvotes
Barrie
ryanvb wrote: Its not a standalone service, no.
A straight, honest answer! Thank you.
Jan 14, 2007
976 posts
94 upvotes
PipDeals wrote: Hola has yet to let me down.

Anyone got a comparison list?
For Netflix, Hola works great for me too. It's free and is available as a browser plugin and for Android and IOS (jailbroken). You just pick what country you want and you're set to go.
[OP]
Apr 17, 2005
289 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Kanus wrote: For Netflix, Hola works great for me too. It's free and is available as a browser plugin and for Android and IOS (jailbroken). You just pick what country you want and you're set to go.
I've used Hola, and most of my friends do too. But it doesn't let me use my Apple TV or iPad unfortunately.