Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2008
6858 posts
220 upvotes
Ontario

Turn Turbo Stick into a wifi hotspot?

My friend has access to an unlimited Turbo Stick via his wife's work (actually he gets unlimited voice and data on his cell phone too, the b@stard).

We're going to a cottage together that is within strength of his carrier's tower. Is there a way to turn that Turbo Stick into a wifi hotspot for our wireless devices (laptops, smartphones)? We most likely won't even use electronics during the week but it would be nice to have during downtime or if it rains.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2008
6858 posts
220 upvotes
Ontario
I can't seem to google a fix. Guess I could put his SIM in my iPhone and open it up as a router using the jailbroken MyWi app.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28753 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
zoolander wrote: ...We most likely won't even use electronics ....
Lies!

Here's my good deed of the evening. If you're a wifi afficionado., this is what you need to pick up. All real geeks have one. The Uber geeks, sign contracts and get variants on subsidy :lol: . Sprints' mifi. Doesn't Rogers have one alsO?

btw...just remember...if she should walk in on you after a cold early morning dip., yell out 'Shrinkage!!!!!'...
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2008
6858 posts
220 upvotes
Ontario
bubble.tea wrote: Lies!

Here's my good deed of the evening. If you're a wifi afficionado., this is what you need to pick up. All real geeks have one. The Uber geeks, sign contracts and get variants on subsidy :lol: . Sprints' mifi. Doesn't Rogers have one alsO?

btw...just remember...if she should walk in on you after a cold early morning dip., yell out 'Shrinkage!!!!!'...
LOL, thanks buddy for the Costanza tip. I was hoping to use existing hardware I own but cradlepoint is certainly a nice concept. I wasn't thorough googling earlier and it looks like also my DIR655 does in fact do 3G, I'll have to check if the Bell stick is supported in it. Or I could just set up my laptop and adhoc the other devices :idea: