Nov 16, 2004
15219 posts
2136 upvotes
Toronto

Perkopolis Members: $35 Off Your First Turo (Car Rental) Adventure

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Turo

Great deal for Perkopolis Members, $35 off your first use of Turo.

If you don't know about Turo, it's a website where owners put up their vehicles for rent. You sign-up (there's an app too), shop from a list of cars in your area and rent it out, either by a meet-up location or actually going to the owner's residence.
Tricky policy when it comes to renting (not covered by many credit card companies - check first) that favours the owner, just be sure to have yourself covered. I've used it quite a few times myself.
$35 should cover most of a rental.

Unique code in your Perkopolis Account

Check dates and times, rates change during off hours / off-peak. So do the vehicles, so check various dates and times.
I've used Turo to rent exotic cars cheaply (rented for my wedding!)
Last edited by DaVibe on Jan 9th, 2019 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
RedFlagDeals addict
29 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
10760 posts
13663 upvotes
Montreal
How does the insurance work with Turo? Does the daily fee cover it or its an extra unless you're already have car insurance on a vehicle? There's not.much info on their website
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1061 posts
145 upvotes
M4W 1J6
stephroll wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 8:25 am
How does the insurance work with Turo? Does the daily fee cover it or its an extra unless you're already have car insurance on a vehicle? There's not.much info on their website
Unless something has changed, insurance is provided by Intact or Belair IIRC.
Public Mobile | Koodo
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
10760 posts
13663 upvotes
Montreal
Raptors wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 8:30 am
Unless something has changed, insurance is provided by Intact or Belair IIRC.

Edit : ok found this info Turo info on insurance

Either way , my perkopolis code didnt work . App deleted
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7186 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone use Turo vehicles to cross into the states for a trip? The price makes this a good alternative to the major car rental companies.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15219 posts
2136 upvotes
Toronto
stephroll wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:01 am
Edit : ok found this info Turo info on insurance

Either way , my perkopolis code didnt work . App deleted
I would have tried it on the website first IMO
trixR4kids wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:12 am
Has anyone use Turo vehicles to cross into the states for a trip? The price makes this a good alternative to the major car rental companies.
Pretty sure the answer is no, since its someone's personal vehicle. I would check the terms on the website before diving in.
stephroll wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 8:25 am
Credit card may, your own insurance may, otherwise you have to purchase their insurance policy which is offered during the checkout process (and expensive but necessary). You are on the hook for a lot more damage than normal so just make sure you have something, somewhere.
Badbrad wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:16 am
I wonder if people notify their own insurer they’re a paid provider on Turo?
You may have coverage but this turns into a weird area where it's a rental from a person, not a company, offered by a company, so my insurance company just told me no, they don't.
Last edited by DaVibe on Jan 9th, 2019 9:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
RedFlagDeals addict
Oct 13, 2016
119 posts
100 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
stephroll wrote: How does the insurance work with Turo? Does the daily fee cover it or its an extra unless you're already have car insurance on a vehicle? There's not.much info on their website
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7186 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto
Badbrad wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:16 am
Found a part that talks about Canadian hosts, there are several insurance companies that allow you owners to participate in car sharing, It won't affect your premium, but you need to let them know
Link

Looks like you can drive the car to the states:
If you book a car in the United States or Canada, you may drive it across the US-Canadian border. You may not drive into Mexico.
Link
This makes it a great alternative to most car rental companies now, especially for the mini-suv/suv rates.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
7633 posts
1300 upvotes
your credit card will not provide insurance for turo,
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
2992 posts
757 upvotes
GTA
trixR4kids wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:27 am
Found a part that talks about Canadian hosts, there are several insurance companies that allow you owners to participate in car sharing, It won't affect your premium, but you need to let them know
I find that really bizarre that car sharing won't affect your premium?
Oct 13, 2016
119 posts
100 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
ADRiiAN` wrote: I find that really bizarre that car sharing won't affect your premium?
Yeah I do toooooo
Apr 12, 2011
622 posts
473 upvotes
Etobicoke
ADRiiAN` wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:55 am
Give it a couple years for insurance companies to catch up. If Turo blows up, just wait for car rental companies to cry fowl. Thanks OP, I have never heard of Turo but I am definitely intrigued.
May 10, 2006
497 posts
88 upvotes
YVR/YYC
ADRiiAN` wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:55 am
Why would it affect your premiums? When you lend your car out the insurance is provided by Turo's insurance not your own provider, that's why Turo takes a pretty big cut.
Jan 23, 2007
19 posts
14 upvotes
FTO wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 7:18 pm
Why would it affect your premiums? When you lend your car out the insurance is provided by Turo's insurance not your own provider, that's why Turo takes a pretty big cut.
I've been a Turo host for a year. Have a accord, 2 Lexuses and a Model 3 on the platform. I have insurance with The Personal and they allow use on Turo. However, the premiums are higher than if I weren't on Turo. The rep tells me it's because the rates are different for customers who use their cars for commercial purposes (even if it's covered by Turo insurance). All of my customers love using Turo. Rates are usually cheaper and having a choice of a particular car is also great. Hosts are also more customer centric than an employee being paid minimum wage.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15219 posts
2136 upvotes
Toronto
Here's what I did with my Turo ...
Turo Wedding.jpg
RedFlagDeals addict