• Jan 11th, 2019 5:22 pm
[OP]
May 8, 2009
7697 posts
3686 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
sports1 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:39 am
Their process changed slightly (just basing this on OP), I just tried to set up an external account link and I'm required to write my CIF number + "Add account" on the memo line of the cheque.

So I guess it's not possible to send just send an electronic void cheque (a la Tangerine).

For Savings account the rep advised me to get a form (something account transfer) from the external bank in lieu of a void cheque and it would be fine. Not sure what form this is, I thought it would just be a stamped PAD but I'll ask again when I call back.

Don't try to do this overnight - I just did and my request was auto-cancelled. The rep said the error was "User not authorized" and advised me to call back after 7am.
Interesting. I doubt the CIF number would be necessary on the void cheque since you'd put it on the Simplii form anyway. I recently requested adding an externally linked account to Simplii and they didn't mention that. We'd need more DP's.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Apr 20, 2016
87 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone successfully link EQ within Simplii? I recall folks having their transfers rejected for incorrect name or something.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
1695 posts
653 upvotes
Raincouver
BigScee wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:14 pm
Anyone successfully link EQ within Simplii? I recall folks having their transfers rejected for incorrect name or something.
It's a known thing yes.
CAN/USA Cross Border Banking

Netflix? Bill me in Turkish Lira, Watch Me around the world.