[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11036 posts
7576 upvotes
Leask
sports1 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:39 am
Their process changed slightly (just basing this on OP), I just tried to set up an external account link and I'm required to write my CIF number + "Add account" on the memo line of the cheque.

So I guess it's not possible to send just send an electronic void cheque (a la Tangerine).

For Savings account the rep advised me to get a form (something account transfer) from the external bank in lieu of a void cheque and it would be fine. Not sure what form this is, I thought it would just be a stamped PAD but I'll ask again when I call back.

Don't try to do this overnight - I just did and my request was auto-cancelled. The rep said the error was "User not authorized" and advised me to call back after 7am.
Interesting. I doubt the CIF number would be necessary on the void cheque since you'd put it on the Simplii form anyway. I recently requested adding an externally linked account to Simplii and they didn't mention that. We'd need more DP's.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Apr 20, 2016
170 posts
116 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone successfully link EQ within Simplii? I recall folks having their transfers rejected for incorrect name or something.
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2017
2538 posts
1019 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
BigScee wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:14 pm
Anyone successfully link EQ within Simplii? I recall folks having their transfers rejected for incorrect name or something.
It's a known thing yes.
I am being targeted over Internet Relay Chat. Please help me.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2005
1354 posts
505 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 11:26 pm
Makes no sense. Call again and request the secured email for external account linking.
Not sure if it changed, but I called today and they said they can't do the secure email and require a physical copy of it. Pretty stupid considering I'm trying to link it to CIBC which is their parent company.
Mar 7, 2008
436 posts
104 upvotes
Leask
Is there a way to link Simplii with HSBC?

I have successfully link EQ bank with HSBC and Simplii.
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2017
2538 posts
1019 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
THINKPOD wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 6:18 pm

have you read?
I am being targeted over Internet Relay Chat. Please help me.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11036 posts
7576 upvotes
Leask
pitabread wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 3:38 pm
Not sure if it changed, but I called today and they said they can't do the secure email and require a physical copy of it. Pretty stupid considering I'm trying to link it to CIBC which is their parent company.
You serious? I was wondering why I didn't get a secured email for my most recent request. I like linking everything Simplii-side due to the deposit limits. Hopefully they'll still allow the secured email.
THINKPOD wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 6:18 pm

Simplii-side or HSBC-side? Does HSBC allow linking external accounts? For Simplii-side, read OP.

You mean you have Simplii and HSBC linked EQ-side? That's easy (micro-deposits).
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2005
1354 posts
505 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 12:11 am
You serious? I was wondering why I didn't get a secured email for my most recent request. I like linking everything Simplii-side due to the deposit limits. Hopefully they'll still allow the secured email.
I'm going to try again tomorrow with another agent, will provide an update afterwards.

Update 1: Spoke with someone else, said no problem and will be providing a secure email. Still haven't seen it yet, but I'm told it'll take 5min to 24 hours.

Update 2: 1/22 - Got the secure email 20-23 hours after calling in. Was able to submit my information the same day and looks like today they added it into my simplii account.

Edit: Update as of 1/21. Will confirm once I actually get that secure email.

Edit 2: Got secure email, uploaded information same day, and external account now shows up as of 1/24.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2005
1354 posts
505 upvotes
Big thanks titaniumtux! Secure email is way faster than sending in the actual void cheque/bank form and save on postage stamp.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3109 posts
670 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm. So no way to rename your external account once set-up? It's annoying that I have to remember it by their account #
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11036 posts
7576 upvotes
Leask
Troydabes wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 9:17 pm
Hmm. So no way to rename your external account once set-up? It's annoying that I have to remember it by their account #
Agreed. That is an annoyance with Simplii. Also, credit unions appear as "Other Financial Institution".
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1092 posts
166 upvotes
Ottawa
how does a secure email work?
do you encrypt the content before sent?
if I sent out through gmail.. it is still public domain, how can I assure it is secure?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3109 posts
670 upvotes
Toronto
cf7777 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2019 12:42 pm
if I sent out through gmail.. it is still public domain, how can I assure it is secure?
Simplii sent you an email where it will take to CIBC domain or something. That's where you will send your credentials.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11036 posts
7576 upvotes
Leask
cf7777 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2019 12:42 pm
Troydabes wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2019 1:13 pm
Simplii sent you an email where it will take to CIBC domain or something. That's where you will send your credentials.
This. It's like private messaging on their server. They just email you the link and you log in.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3109 posts
670 upvotes
Toronto
I received a mail from Simplii stating that I did not meet the requirements due to missing stamp. I never had any problem with EQ but why only with CIBC?