Feb 20th, 2015 1:04 am
No eco fee at amazon.ca in Ontario.
Same for shop.ca
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3005 posts
1017 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
^ You are both right, so why continue the argument? Everyone knows SDM's everyday prices are outrageous, there's no denying it. But it's equally true their loyalty program can produce spectacular discounts if you know how to use it.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12337 posts
1854 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Cheap Cat wrote:
Feb 20th, 2015 1:30 pm
Actually people who don't know how to shop properly make ignorant comments like this. SDM has good deals, great personalized coupons and an excellent points program. I went last week bought 4 l milk, 2 dozen eggs, a bag of chips and two packages of deodorant and paid $.91 including taxes by using coupons.
What?!?!? Can u please share what coupons you used??
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1674 upvotes
Toronto
theguru wrote:
Feb 20th, 2015 6:09 pm
Actually SDM shills make comments like yours. Enjoy your $16 dispensing fee while Wal-Mart charges $5. Bleet bleet
Its actually $11.99 for perscriptions, and i go there because walmart / target near me were both $10 cdn, and using shoppers (24/7/365) is much easier then going to wallymart.

they also usually are the best major retailer for soft drinks / snacks when you get sales + coupons + points ect. so theres that, they seem to do well with women too ... idk
Jun 14, 2012
401 posts
36 upvotes
SDM has great sale prices, but 80% of the store is overpriced most of the time. If you look around, you can pay much less. But SDM has variety and sometimes it is easier to just pay a little more than having to run around to 2-4 stores to get the best deal. I just wish that they didn't price gouge so much and had more reasonable pricing. I don't like them having 50-100%+ margins on an item that shouldn't be more than 40% margin. Especially when they are such a large company and probably can get volume discounts fairly easily.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
7735 posts
1359 upvotes
Bought tons of stuff at SDM at the lowest price ever offered, anywhere. Regularly better then people start "hot deals" threads for the same item elsewhere eg People go nuts when classico pasta sauce is $2 at walmart, last time I bought it it was $2 at SDM, effectively ~1.40 after the points are accounted for. If you can't use half a brain when shopping then stick to walmart
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13636 posts
3914 upvotes
Montreal
zoro69 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2015 1:56 pm
Bought tons of stuff at SDM at the lowest price ever offered, anywhere. Regularly better then people start "hot deals" threads for the same item elsewhere eg People go nuts when classico pasta sauce is $2 at walmart, last time I bought it it was $2 at SDM, effectively ~1.40 after the points are accounted for. If you can't use half a brain when shopping then stick to walmart
we're talking about ELECTRONICS / TVS (non-returnable) in this thread, *not* spaghetti sauce. :facepalm: