TV Sony X900/X930's on sale - several retailers - 4K HDR 10

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2018 1:02 pm
May 8, 2016
294 posts
326 upvotes
CaptainCrash wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 10:09 am
Can I ask is anyone having issues with vertical banding or flashlighting with this unit? I have a 65 930D from last year and im already on my second one because of vertical banding that looked terrible.
My replacement unit has 4 huge flashlight quadrants that you can see through dark content.
Not happy at all with this TV yet yet im not seeing much similar feedback on this one.
Try the tech support forum, bro. This is hot deals.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1207 posts
356 upvotes
Hamilton
Katsiki wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 10:15 am
Try the tech support forum, bro. This is hot deals.
You do realize that we had about 100 pages about a Haier TV at Costco with Yellow issues....
Jan 7, 2008
190 posts
28 upvotes
Hibbing wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 10:05 am
Doubt it cost was just raised by Sony.
They'll drop it again at some point. New models should be announced today, so it'll drop back down again probably more than once in the next two months.
Jan 22, 2007
751 posts
105 upvotes
Montreal
I hope the price X930 65inch will drop under 1500 at end of 2018.
May 8, 2016
294 posts
326 upvotes
CaptainCrash wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 10:38 am
You do realize that we had about 100 pages about a Haier TV at Costco with Yellow issues....
two wrongs don't make a right. Winking Face :rolleyes:
May 8, 2016
294 posts
326 upvotes
yym789 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 11:01 am
I hope the price X930 65inch will drop under 1500 at end of 2018.
lolwut
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5705 posts
939 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Anyone had a proof of a major retailers in GTA that has a price of 1198 for 55 inches?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1371 posts
652 upvotes
Vancouver
Uberclk wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 6:49 am
the price is not advertised in store. you can probably get a similiar price if you're real good at haggling, but using Hibbing's contact eliminates the haggling, upsell, packages and other BS usually associated from pushy salesman who wants to make more commission. i haven't bought a TV yet, but am following some of the tv threads here lately and from some of the responses, people are saying they are in and out in minutes and have a good experience with the sale.
This is also why his post upsets quite a few RFDers because he is basically advertising and benefitting from his contact (similar to advertising referalls which is against rfd rules, even if he doesnt benefit directly, his friend will benefit from additional sales). Persoanlly i dont care too much about it (either way) except when he started a thread about leaked boxing day prices when it was also just advertising.

Funny thing is these prices for x900/x930 are pretty much the same prices anyone (anywhere) could have gotten on VIP day (day brfore bf) at Visions or BB. I would be interested in samsung 75mu8000 if it wasnt gta only but not going to toronto to buy a tv.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
1904 posts
510 upvotes
Ottawa
Paigne wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 3:33 pm
...... but not going to toronto to buy a tv.
but it's the center of the universe! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
This lousy avatar courtesy of an anal admin who decided to delete a near ten year old existing avatar that did meet all of the site's requirements.
Aug 5, 2015
782 posts
254 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Hibbing wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 4:09 pm
And 100s benefited from the pricing. They win.
I tend to agree that if someone is in the GTA and can get $150 off a TV because of this post, it can benefit RFDers, no matter what's the underlying purpose.
Happy Koodo customer :-)
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1371 posts
652 upvotes
Vancouver
willy0275 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 4:12 pm
I tend to agree that if someone is in the GTA and can get $150 off a TV because of this post, it can benefit RFDers, no matter what's the underlying purpose.
Which is why i generally don't comment about it except that thread... with "leaked boxing day pricing" mostly due to it being misleading (GTA only, only 1 store so not leaked tv prices elsewhere). There are RFDers benefiting from it but you could also make that argument for referrals (cell phones and such) because the person being refer'd also gets something out of it yet referrals are against the rules. This is actually pretty similar but given the numbers, i guess RFD doesn't seem to care (or at least not yet).
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1266 posts
347 upvotes
Scarborough
Paigne wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 3:33 pm
This is also why his post upsets quite a few RFDers because he is basically advertising and benefitting from his contact (similar to advertising referalls which is against rfd rules, even if he doesnt benefit directly, his friend will benefit from additional sales). Persoanlly i dont care too much about it (either way) except when he started a thread about leaked boxing day prices when it was also just advertising.

Funny thing is these prices for x900/x930 are pretty much the same prices anyone (anywhere) could have gotten on VIP day (day brfore bf) at Visions or BB. I would be interested in samsung 75mu8000 if it wasnt gta only but not going to toronto to buy a tv.
i see it more like he's setting up a group buy for locals actually. i used to know an electronic store when i was young and ended up working for their photo finishing later on. any of my friends looking for electronics i would send them there and they would take care of them. this was pre-internet. the store is now gone, but in the age of internet i wouldn't do it for everyone, so good on Hibbing for doing it..
Aug 5, 2015
782 posts
254 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Paigne wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 4:43 pm
Which is why i generally don't comment about it except that thread... with "leaked boxing day pricing" mostly due to it being misleading (GTA only, only 1 store so not leaked tv prices elsewhere). There are RFDers benefiting from it but you could also make that argument for referrals (cell phones and such) because the person being refer'd also gets something out of it yet referrals are against the rules. This is actually pretty similar but given the numbers, i guess RFD doesn't seem to care (or at least not yet).
Yeah, it's walking a fine line... I think he's got warnings for asking people to PM him before, so now he stopped openly fishing for PMs.
Happy Koodo customer :-)
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
2135 posts
570 upvotes
Thornhill
Sony has just announced new TVs at CES
- A8F OLED in 55" and 65"
- X900F in 49", 55", 65", 75" and a new 85" with Dolby Vision and Google Assistant/Echo-Alexa integration.