Expired Hot Deals

TV Sony X900/X930's on sale - several retailers - 4K HDR 10

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2018 1:02 pm
Jan 16, 2017
28 posts
23 upvotes
Took me 1 hour to drive there, saved $200+tax-gas. Well worth to me.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2324 posts
807 upvotes
Mississauga
texem71 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 9:49 am
Took me 1 hour to drive there, saved $200+tax-gas. Well worth to me.
do you know if they offer extended warranty (price point)?
Jan 16, 2017
28 posts
23 upvotes
mau_mau wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 9:51 am
do you know if they offer extended warranty (price point)?
They do. Best if you ask OP about anything.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2409 posts
1138 upvotes
xaznxplaya wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 9:38 am
What did you disable to make the tv faster? I find the smart feature sluggish a bit
I believe it was samsa something or other and Sony select maybe? Google'd how to speed up android 900e and got a video.

I plan to look into actually removing things later if I can. Only want Netflix, Amazon, Acorn, DAZN, and Kodi for NHL Gamecenter.

Kodi is quite slow to me. If that was my only option for tv/movies I would be so frustrated. Still miffed I have to use it for Gamecenter.
Aug 5, 2015
952 posts
445 upvotes
Montreal, QC
uklamen wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 11:47 am
I believe it was samsa something or other and Sony select maybe? Google'd how to speed up android 900e and got a video.

I plan to look into actually removing things later if I can. Only want Netflix, Amazon, Acorn, DAZN, and Kodi for NHL Gamecenter.

Kodi is quite slow to me. If that was my only option for tv/movies I would be so frustrated. Still miffed I have to use it for Gamecenter.
I have a solution for your NHL Gamecenter problem. Just become a Habs fan, then you'll stop watching hockey and actually spend more time doing more entertaining stuff Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Happy Koodo customer :-)
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2409 posts
1138 upvotes
willy0275 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 11:50 am
I have a solution for your NHL Gamecenter problem. Just become a Habs fan, then you'll stop watching hockey and actually spend more time doing more entertaining stuff Smiling Face With Open Mouth
As a Leafs fan, I know pain greater than yours. But I can honestly say it gets better!

Im in the zone with my sports teams right now. After many off years. Leafs, KC Chiefs, Raptors, Red Blacks (previously cheered for Renegades).

Only downside is now I actually care when my team loses :(
Nov 6, 2017
4 posts
Have the sony XBR TVs had an update to connect to amazon echo devices? When I checked in November that functionality was only for the USA. Has it gotten to Canada yet?
Apr 17, 2012
20 posts
EDMONTON
nevermind999 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 7:11 pm
Hi, I am expecting to receive my Sony 65 x900e this week. I have an old Pioneer VSC-1325 receiver that doesn't have 4K switching. What would be the best way to connect the receiver and other devices like bell satellite box to this TV? And what if I add another 4k device like Nvidia Shield. I wouldn't want to upgrade my receiver for another year.
I have the same TV and putting all my device sound (TELUS 4K PVR, Sony Blu Ray, Microsoft XBOX One S) through an old Panasonic amp. Dolby Digital audio works like a charm (using optical for TELUS 4K PVR/XBOX One). I don't use the Smart TV apps much, as a I can get Netflix through my TELUS set top box. If I do watch something like YouTube via the Smart TV interface. I turn on the TV speakers temporarily. There are apparently a lot of issues using an amplifier via ARC with the Sony X900, so I won't be upgrading to a 4K receiver for at least a year. I use an old Logitech programmable remote to drive everything (except advanced TV setting) and it works like a charm.

Sometimes simpler is better.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2085 posts
583 upvotes
Edmonton
robedmonton wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 11:51 am
I have the same TV and putting all my device sound (TELUS 4K PVR, Sony Blu Ray, Microsoft XBOX One S) through an old Panasonic amp. Dolby Digital audio works like a charm (using optical for TELUS 4K PVR/XBOX One). I don't use the Smart TV apps much, as a I can get Netflix through my TELUS set top box. If I do watch something like YouTube via the Smart TV interface. I turn on the TV speakers temporarily. There are apparently a lot of issues using an amplifier via ARC with the Sony X900, so I won't be upgrading to a 4K receiver for at least a year. I use an old Logitech programmable remote to drive everything (except advanced TV setting) and it works like a charm.

Sometimes simpler is better.
After messing around with ARC, i'm going this way too. I have an optical cable on the way to get audio from two 4k devices hooked up to the TV back to the receiver. Using CEC (required for ARC) has messed up my universal remote settings completely, I'll be happy to turn it off.

ARC worked flawlessly for me. CEC just messed everything up.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3207 posts
348 upvotes
Mississauga
willy0275 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 6:28 pm
Because big chains are not supposed to sell under what Samsung, Sony and LG is allowing them to sell. So they do it "covertly".
Isn't that a type of price fixing?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
1918 posts
528 upvotes
Ottawa
wing0 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 4:11 pm
Isn't that a type of price fixing?
Not when it's done by a single supplier without collusion with it's competitors. Apple has been doing this forever .... market discipline ensures there's no race to the bottom as desperate retailers cut one another's throat to increase sales while eroding the image of a premium brand with its attendant premium pricing.
This lousy avatar courtesy of an anal admin who decided to delete a near ten year old existing avatar that did meet all of the site's requirements.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1266 posts
125 upvotes
Although my model is 850e, I believe the functionality question i am asking should be same for 900e as well.So, I have my shaw cable box connected to my Yamaha receiver (newer model- has 4k, hdr etc etc) and the out from receiver goes to my Sony TV HDMI 3 which has ARC. My surround sound is connected to my receiver. When I play my shaw cable it shows HDMI 4 (that's what I have connected to TV) on my receiver and when I play say Netflix or Youtube on TV (through TV app) the receiver input changes automatic to Audio01. Is that how its supposed to be? The sound does come from my surround speakers..
BNIB Epson 7710 for sale BST
Mar 24, 2015
159 posts
63 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
busybe wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 4:30 pm
Although my model is 850e, I believe the functionality question i am asking should be same for 900e as well.So, I have my shaw cable box connected to my Yamaha receiver (newer model- has 4k, hdr etc etc) and the out from receiver goes to my Sony TV HDMI 3 which has ARC. My surround sound is connected to my receiver. When I play my shaw cable it shows HDMI 4 (that's what I have connected to TV) on my receiver and when I play say Netflix or Youtube on TV (through TV app) the receiver input changes automatic to Audio01. Is that how its supposed to be? The sound does come from my surround speakers..
That's the way it's supposed to be. Your Shaw Box will output to your TV into the ARC / HDMI 3, and the receiver handles the audio....when using TV apps, it will send the audio down through the ARC into the receiver, where you can assign the input that will carry the TV audio. Yamaha defaults it to one of those Audio channels, 1 or 2, but you can set it wherever you like and label it.
Mar 24, 2015
159 posts
63 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
uklamen wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 11:47 am

Samsa and Sony Shelf will speed you up a bit by disabling them.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2409 posts
1138 upvotes
markust5775 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 4:35 pm
Samsa and Sony Shelf will speed you up a bit by disabling them.
I actually started to get pop ups saying Samsa is crashing over an over.. had to re enable it..