Shopping Discussion

TV stands on sale at Sears... any opinions??

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2008 1:07 am
Tags:
None
Dec 27, 2008
43 posts
16 upvotes
St Johns

TV stands on sale at Sears... any opinions??

Hi all,

Been lurking for a while on the forums, never really needed to post till now.

Does anyone have any opinions on the TV stands at Sears/FS?

Been looking at
Dorel 50" DLP TV stand @ $99.99

Tech-Craft 48" Ultra Slim TV Stand @ $174.99

Corporate Images Maxxim Concepts 40-50" TV stand @ $199.99

and the Sanus Deluxe Flat Panel TV Stand (FP4000) @ $299.99 at Future Shop

Does anyone have any opinions on how the prices for these stands look? I haven't got a clue what to expect to pay for a TV stand and they all look the same-ish to me, but the Sanus does have really good reviews (though after PST/GST/delivery it would be nearer to $350) - and I get free delivery from Sears for anything I order because I plonked $3K down on major appliances today, having bought a new house...

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
M
4 replies
Dec 27, 2008
43 posts
16 upvotes
St Johns
Nobody has any ideas on these stands?
Am planning to head out today and finish the last of my new house shopping. Hopefully someone will have pointed me in the "right" direction by then!

Cheers,
M
Dec 27, 2008
43 posts
16 upvotes
St Johns
Yikes, still nobody willing to weigh in?? I haven't bought the stand yet, I really don't know what to be looking for in quality and price points... Someone, anyone, please educate unenlightened me on TV stands??
Nov 10, 2005
272 posts
34 upvotes
I was just looking to what kind of stand I can get for my Samsung 40 inch.

The tech-craft 48 inch for $174.99 looks like a nice one...maybe you can use a coupon code to get it cheaper.The Dorel 50" DLP TV stand for $99.99 is pretty good too! may actually buy it.

My mother is going down to the U.S tomorrow and walmart down the states has this one on for $136.83...good deal?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... ewTitleBar

sorry not trying to highjack you thread.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7423 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver
I've seen the the three stands you listed for Sears. The picture for the Corporate Images FP-4000 looks wrong... It's supposed to be two shelves + top shelf for TV I believe. That and the Techcraft one you listed both look very nice in person. They look much more elegant than the Dorel 50".

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)