• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2019 11:03 am
[OP]
Jan 2, 2019
8 posts
Regina SK

TVB Anywhere Worth Paying For??

Hi Guys

I am needing some help for my parents who want to watch like chinese shows. I have a nvidia shield but I have been trying for a week now to find a app that actually works in Canada for streaming chinese shows. I came across TVB anywhere but I don't know if it is worth paying $263 USD which is $316 CAD per year.

Is there anyone is using TVB anywhere currently to tell me what the tv box like?? Or probably anyone who can recommend me some apps that actually works to stream chinese shows at all would be nice

Please advise!!
6 replies
Sep 14, 2017
19 posts
28 upvotes
Hey, same situation here. Only difference is that my TVB Anywhere is expiring. My mom enjoyed the box because it was simple to use & reliable.

The basic features: some old shows for video on demand, live stream of TVB, delayed stream of TVB (to Eastern Standard Time), and some other channels that my mom never watched

If you have family/friends in Toronto/Vancouver, the box does not cost that much.. the box should only be $238 CAD (http://www.ctinets.on.ca/tvb.shtml). This box is gonna be the most dummy-proof option, with highest reliability (but pricey!)
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2007
1373 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto
iSyndicated wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 2:00 pm
Hey, same situation here. Only difference is that my TVB Anywhere is expiring. My mom enjoyed the box because it was simple to use & reliable.
Me too. Renewal is $198 USD which is now about 260 CAD (about 22 a month). It's fairly reliable but I wonder if there's any better ways of getting shows.
CPU: Core i7-5820K @ 4.2GHz GPU: Zotac RTX 2080 Super RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 48GB DDR4-2666 Case: CM Storm Trooper SSD: 850 EVO 250GB x2 Raid 0 + NVMe 970 Pro 512GB Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Monitor: Dell P2715Q
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1769 posts
701 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I am using HRSJ IPTV service that has all of the TVB/Fairchild channels plus more for less than $4USD per month. It's a grey market product (meaning it's not an official service, but it's legal in Canada). Uptime for TVB and Fairchild channels are about 90%. The quality will not be as good as TVBAnywhere, but my family has been using it for over a year, and we have little complaints.

All you need is an Android box (it does not support Android TV devices well, some channels do not work), an unlimited internet data plan, then that's pretty much it.

I do not get any kickbacks. I am in no way affiliated with this product, but if you're interested, you can check our discussion thread.

They have a 2-day free trial, a monthly plan, an annual plan, and a lifetime plan.

hrsj-iptv-discussion-thread-2218720/
Sep 14, 2017
19 posts
28 upvotes
AsianXL wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 10:07 pm
I am using HRSJ IPTV service that has all of the TVB/Fairchild channels plus more for less than $4USD per month. It's a grey market product (meaning it's not an official service, but it's legal in Canada). Uptime for TVB and Fairchild channels are about 90%. The quality will not be as good as TVBAnywhere, but my family has been using it for over a year, and we have little complaints.

All you need is an Android box (it does not support Android TV devices well, some channels do not work), an unlimited internet data plan, then that's pretty much it.

I do not get any kickbacks. I am in no way affiliated with this product, but if you're interested, you can check our discussion thread.

They have a 2-day free trial, a monthly plan, an annual plan, and a lifetime plan.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hrsj-ipt ... d-2218720/
Was thinking about switching to HRSJ but have some concerns about fake Android boxes. Even after looking through the thread, I couldn't get a conclusive answer as to whether the Fire Stick 4K would work (since it isn't Android TV based, but lists H265). Could you give us some insight on this?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1769 posts
701 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
iSyndicated wrote:
Jan 31st, 2019 4:05 pm
Was thinking about switching to HRSJ but have some concerns about fake Android boxes. Even after looking through the thread, I couldn't get a conclusive answer as to whether the Fire Stick 4K would work (since it isn't Android TV based, but lists H265). Could you give us some insight on this?
I am wondering too if the Fire TV stick would work. There's only one way to know I suppose.
Nov 24, 2015
33 posts
12 upvotes
anyone knows if it has TVB live news but with Toronto time ? My parents only watches the fairchild tv news but with toronto time / content , not hong kong & not vancouver.