None
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
2773 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
kwanyeung20 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2012 11:13 am
for god's sake Lily application has finally gone to the drain. Less canto channels now :(

really? doesnt seem like it; i mean all the major cantonese channels that were in lily have been and still available on 粵海寬頻 and HiTV

if you ask me, i have never really touched the lily application at all; the other 2 apps are sufficient for my cantonese channel needs
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
2773 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
digital99 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2012 10:32 am
Is it still good time to buy a Tvpad right now? It appears many of channels have been removed permanently.

depends on what you are buying it for. for major hongkong cantonese channels, they still work fine, business as usual

unfortunately i cant speak much for mainland chinese channels since i cant understand mandarin so i dont watch them
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
2773 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
nightwalker wrote:
Apr 20th, 2012 11:28 pm
What's new? Sorry, I can't read chinese lol

nothing major, except there is a movie valley2 app, lily got scrapped, settings menu looks more android, and the unit can now switch to english UI (or traditional chinese)

but that said, if you want to upgrade to any future firmware (heard they are working on 3.0), its required that you upgrade to 2.62 first (at least thats what they say)

and its good that upgrading the firmware WONT purge your personal settings such as wifi and movie valley favorites records; everything including my channel selection history is still intact after the upgrade
Feb 19, 2012
552 posts
35 upvotes
MARKHAM
Since its based on PPLive / PPTV etc. doesn't it absolutely crush your bandwidth?

I found that the desktop version of these programs wouldn't obey any sort of QoS setting, at least anything short of a MAC address based throttle.
Mar 12, 2011
382 posts
11 upvotes
ET
my WD 500GB works well with the tvpads, been watching several movies so far no drop point, able to view the entire movie without problem
Make it a GREAT day!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1134 posts
133 upvotes
Gatineau
chroma_cg wrote:
Apr 21st, 2012 1:08 pm
really? doesnt seem like it; i mean all the major cantonese channels that were in lily have been and still available on 粵海寬頻 and HiTV

if you ask me, i have never really touched the lily application at all; the other 2 apps are sufficient for my cantonese channel needs
well Lily used to have NFC Cantonese, TVB movie channel, and REAL HD Jade, REAL SD TVB Jade, jyugong channel (cantonese channel in China) and Canton Sport channel
[OP]
Oct 28, 2007
45 posts
13 upvotes
toronto
nightwalker wrote:
Apr 20th, 2012 11:28 pm
What's new? Sorry, I can't read chinese lol

this is the New firmware for TVPAD Model M120 or M121. anyone on version 2.42-2.6 can upgrade to 2.62 now. the new version came with english menu.

Btw, They also released 2 new apps for Version 2.62.

1, Youtube
Download http://www.tvpadfans.com/thread-17434-1-1.html

2, 优酷 www.youku.com
Download http://www.tvpadfans.com/thread-16326-1-1.html
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
9721 posts
427 upvotes
Just ordered mine a couple days ago. It's probably been posted somewhere in this thread but there is a coupon code for $30 off. I found it by searching tvpad and clicking on the slickdeals thread.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
9721 posts
427 upvotes
Having a bad time with this thing...won't open any of the apps, server down/can't download list. I've managed to open a couple of them one or two times, but it works once every 20 or so tries.

Any ideas?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 10, 2007
9155 posts
786 upvotes
What version are you on ?

Do you have the TF card in the box ?
slowtyper wrote:
May 1st, 2012 12:03 am
Having a bad time with this thing...won't open any of the apps, server down/can't download list. I've managed to open a couple of them one or two times, but it works once every 20 or so tries.

Any ideas?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2010
5828 posts
2701 upvotes
Markham
slowtyper wrote:

Any ideas?

Try a diffident router ;)
[OP]
Oct 28, 2007
45 posts
13 upvotes
toronto
slowtyper wrote:

Any ideas?

are you using wireless or lan connection? make sure the TVPAD receive ip address from your router. I believe there's some tools in setting menu for you to test. it sounds like the network issue instead of TVPAD. you may want to try it at your friend's house to confirm this is your home network issue or not.
Mar 12, 2011
382 posts
11 upvotes
ET
update order tvpads M121

Derrickt - want 1
wolvie11 - want 2

pm me if anyone is interest
Make it a GREAT day!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
9721 posts
427 upvotes
I am using wired lan. network tests all okay. it connects to servers super rarely still....i will try other router. mine is not the best but I download from computer fast
× < >