Shopping Discussion

TVs and Christmas Holiday Pricing Predictions?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2011 8:16 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble

TVs and Christmas Holiday Pricing Predictions?

Hope no one was clicking the thread expecting predictions from me but yes, I'll likely be in the market for a big screen this holiday and wondered historically how much better it is compared to regular prices. Well, BB/FS had that 46" LED/3D Bravia tv for $799 a week ago and it was gone before I had a chance to even contemplate buying it. I'm hoping for a similar deal this December because if I'm honest, I just rather not put up with the Boxing Day shenanigans. Could a similar deal pop up in the weeks leading up to BD?
2 replies
Apr 21, 2009
308 posts
8 upvotes
I'm in the market for a new TV too, as our 11-year-old is on it's last legs. I'd like a 3D one. I was all over the Bravia one too OP, but, alas, didn't make it in time. But, from what I remember, it's great if you can hold out until January. The TV I have now I bought in January 2000. It was a $2000 TV, but since they were clearing it out for new models, I only paid $700 for it. But, what really gets me is that it's only lasted for 11 years. Are they really that crappily made these days? Growing up, I remember my parents had one of the big Zenith floor TVs for 25 years!!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1605 posts
691 upvotes
Calgary
My prediction is advertisements with holy and garland around prices that are really not that big a deal, since the companies don't have to try that hard anymore to get people to think they have a good deal going.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)