• Oct 21st, 2018 7:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2007
4281 posts
254 upvotes
SalmanK60857 wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 2:09 pm
if you include jackpot too its giving odds of 1 in 337 of winning the jackpot or one of the Maxmillions not 345.
I rechecked my numbers and I still get 1 in 345.

I divide 28,633,528 (odds of 1 ticket)
by 53 (52 Maxmillions plus jackpot)
by 1,564 (number of tickets)
and I get 345.
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world and the best chances to win!
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
Oct 15, 2017
164 posts
66 upvotes
Canada
SalmanK60857 wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 2:09 pm
if you include jackpot too its giving odds of 1 in 337 of winning the jackpot or one of the Maxmillions not 345.
The odds are so long, it doesn't really matter who's right. If not this week, there's always next week, lol!
Mario38 wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 2:12 pm
There is still time to join. I still have to make another trip to the store to buy tickets.

There was a new guy in the store today. I had to show him how to use the lottery terminal. He was surprised I was so familiar with all the functions but when he saw how many tickets I bought, he understood.
Maybe the new guy will bring us luck!?! Face With Tears Of Joy

Thanks for managing the pool Mario!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2007
4281 posts
254 upvotes
dsweetlou wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 4:28 pm
The odds are so long, it doesn't really matter who's right. If not this week, there's always next week, lol!

Maybe the new guy will bring us luck!?! Face With Tears Of Joy

Thanks for managing the pool Mario!
You are welcome!

The odds keep changing. I sent out copies of the ticket to members and that prompted more people joining.

The odds are currently 1 in 327 of winning.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2007
4281 posts
254 upvotes
The M groups bought 1,654 tickets ($8,270) for the June 8 Lotto Max draw giving odds of 1 in 327 of winning the jackpot or one of the Maxmillions.

There is still time to join Group M49. The group currently has 338 shares and 1,589 tickets ($7,945).

I am hoping the jackpot is won. This has been one busy week.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2007
4281 posts
254 upvotes
A couple of more shares added to Group M49. Now it is up to 340 shares with just minutes to go before the Lotto Max game is closed in preparation for the draw.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2007
4281 posts
254 upvotes
The $60 million Lotto Max jackpot for the June 8 draw was won - one winning ticket sold in Quebec. Of the 52 Maxmillions, 27 were won with 37 winning tickets. Sales of $103 million were 165% higher than average and 4% higher than the previous draw. There was a 50% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 35% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 15% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was above average at 77%. The Maxmillions were under funded from sales by $7.7 million.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2007
4281 posts
254 upvotes
Results for groups M43, M46 and M48 have been posted on the website. Nothing big so far - a total of $100 and 54 free tickets.

Results for the big group, M49, will be posted later today.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2007
4281 posts
254 upvotes
The M groups won $907.50 and 201 free tickets in the June 8 Lotto Max draw. Total value of winnings was $1,912. The amount won by each group is posted on the website.

One of the M49 tickets matched 5 numbers out of 7. The odds of matching 5 numbers is 1 in 1,584; a long way from winning the jackpot at odds of 1 in 28 million. The claim will never be made that Group M49 almost won the jackpot.

Last edited by MrDisco on Jun 9th, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: second warning about this
May 17, 2018
41 posts
7 upvotes
Mario38 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 4:41 pm
The M groups won $907.50 and 201 free tickets in the June 8 Lotto Max draw. Total value of winnings was $1,912. The amount won by each group is posted on the website.

One of the M49 tickets matched 5 numbers out of 7. The odds of matching 5 numbers is 1 in 1,584; a long way from winning the jackpot at odds of 1 in 28 million. The claim will never be made that Group M49 almost won the jackpot.

I would be careful how much sass you wanna throw around Mario. Is your pool(s) registered with the interprovincial lotto corps? Pretty sure that's the only way any pools are official. Or registered to the province they are purchased in.
Reason: quote was edited
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2007
4281 posts
254 upvotes
prxprx wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 5:44 pm
I would be careful how much sass you wanna throw around Mario. Is your pool(s) registered with the interprovincial lotto corps? Pretty sure that's the only way any pools are official. Or registered to the province they are purchased in.
There is no such thing as a "registered" or "official" designation for a lottery pool or group in Canada.

There are pools run by some lottery corporations like they do in Quebec. One could consider them "registered" even though that term is not used.

Reason: take your complaints to TomRFD
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1314 posts
988 upvotes
Toronto
prxprx wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 5:44 pm
What he's saying is that neither pool is the official pool of RFD, not that he wants to be the official province sanctioned pool.

In my opinion, there's room for more than 1 lottery pool as each is run differently with different buy-ins. A little competition isn't bad, but hopefully it stays friendly.

Either way, thanks Mario for the update and your hard work!

Edit: fixed typo
Last edited by silverele on Jun 9th, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2007
4281 posts
254 upvotes
silverele wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 6:05 pm
What he's saying is that neither pool is the official pool of RFD, not that he wants to be the official province sanctioned pool.

In my opinion, there's room for more than 1 lottery pool as each is run differently with different buy-ins. A little competition isn't bad, but hopefully it stays friendly.

Either way, thanks Mario for the update and your hard word!
Thanks for the support silverele. I welcome the competition and it is good for players to have a choice.

May 17, 2018
41 posts
7 upvotes
silverele wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 6:05 pm

Either way, thanks Mario for the update and your hard word!

Yeah I prefer to see them both co exist and participate in both as I have already.

Just hate the name calling back and forth that I see.

John Lennon - imagine
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2007
4281 posts
254 upvotes
Mario38 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 6:16 pm
Thanks for the support silverele. I welcome the competition and it is good for players to have a choice.

Some of my posts are being edited by the moderator.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2007
4281 posts
254 upvotes
SalmanK60857 wrote:
Jun 4th, 2018 10:57 am
Thank you for the reply Mario..... I am new into this lottery group thingee.... though have been playing individually since long..... in May 25th draw i bought stakes in both the groups and later realized that instead of quick pick the selection slips/combination play as they call on OLG website is an amazing thing to play and might yield to more results. Since I know you are a pro-lottery player with large experience so didn't suggest you, but I suggested the other group about it, to which they didn't agree...

I know here 66% is quick pick and we can choose only 33% of selection tickets, but in case if you ever do it for 649 where we control all selections please count me in and plz explicitly mention that this group will play combination play ....and I can provide a formula and combination that I shared in posts of other group as how many tickets are required to get control of specific set of numbers (i know you are master of it but just saying)
PS: this can only happen if wclc slips permit else it will be a cumbersome task for you and retailer

looking forward to that draw :)
SalmanK60857, you asked for the option to select numbers and buy combination tickets. We will play combination tickets for the upcoming Quina draw. The game is a choose 5 numbers out of 80. We plan to buy a combination ticket where we select 15 numbers. This will give us 3,003 tickets. If the choice was yours, what 15 numbers would you play?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)