• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 2:34 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 20, 2014
578 posts
56 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Wow they denied me online saying they don't have record of me?
Jul 20, 2013
194 posts
19 upvotes
bruenor9 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2014 11:29 pm
Wow they denied me online saying they don't have record of me?
Chances it's a thin file issue. Did you give them your SIN number? Try omitting that SIN number and see if they can generate enough questions about you.

That's how I opened mine up after calling them at least 4 times to open up the account giving them my SIN number.
Jul 20, 2014
578 posts
56 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
PwnyExpress wrote:
Oct 26th, 2014 2:14 am
Chances it's a thin file issue. Did you give them your SIN number? Try omitting that SIN number and see if they can generate enough questions about you.

That's how I opened mine up after calling them at least 4 times to open up the account giving them my SIN number.
You can do that? When I called cross border banking the lady was like you can do it over the phone but its like a 4 week wait period? You did yours over the phone?
Jul 20, 2013
194 posts
19 upvotes
bruenor9 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2014 6:48 am
You can do that? When I called cross border banking the lady was like you can do it over the phone but its like a 4 week wait period? You did yours over the phone?
No, I did mine online.

Initially when they opened up the Online channel for account applications, they weren't validating my SIN number correctly. I've just checked the application form and it says this:
Providing your Social Insurance Number (SIN) is optional. When you provide us with your SIN, we may use it as an aid to identify you and to keep your information separate from that of other customers with a similar name, including through the credit granting process.
Jul 20, 2014
578 posts
56 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
PwnyExpress wrote:
Oct 26th, 2014 4:19 pm
No, I did mine online.

Initially when they opened up the Online channel for account applications, they weren't validating my SIN number correctly. I've just checked the application form and it says this:
Just tried without SIN, Still denied. smh
Oct 5, 2009
469 posts
39 upvotes
Calgary
opened mine online, took 5 minutes.

what was really painful is to change my TD Bank account to my US address so that my cheques and credit card use the US address.. that took a lot of calls, fax, emails and patience.

Now my accounts are opened and I will soon try the transfers from Canada to US with the crossborder function.
Oct 4, 2014
69 posts
2 upvotes
Montreal, QC
does the cross border transfer work with online banking like RBC or via phone banking only ?
Oct 30, 2014
3 posts
Westmount, QC
Hi,
I have an account with tdcandatrust. Yesterday, I tried opening a us checking account with td bank on their website, everything went smoothly, the system could verified my identity (by answering multiple choice question), but I never made it to the last step because I was interrupted several times (3 times). (first time, a friend came to visit me over, the second time, I had to answer a important phone call...), each time, I decided to just cancel the process, since it can take too much time.
This morning, I tried to do it, after filling up my information, I could not pass step two. It shows me that "We can’t find you in the public record. The most common reason this happens is discrepancies between the personal information you provided and the public record."
I tried calling customer service, the representative stated that if I canceled once, I need to try another day for secutiry reasons (transunion). If I remember correctly, I canceled yesterday more than once, and still it worked. Did it happen to someone here ? Can it be that I'm blocked permanently ? Thanks a lot in advance
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
10250 posts
3044 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm interested in getting a U.S.-based credit card so I can charge online subscriptions to it. I don't live/work/travel to the U.S. much. I want to be able to transfer funds to/from my current TD all-inclusive chequing account via Easyweb. Is the TD Bank Convenience Chequing Account the best option for me, and will the TD Bank Visa Debit Card act as a VISA credit card, or would I still need to apply for a U.S. credit card? Would there be any issues if I don't have a U.S. address if I have to apply for a U.S. credit card?

Edit: I've read the last few pages and found that I can open the TD Bank Convenience Chequing Account via online without any issues of not being in the U.S., but that I will not be able to apply for a TD Bank U.S. credit card without a U.S. address. So the question I still have is for the TD Bank Visa Debit card that I get for opening up the Convenience Chequing Account, would I be able to use that as a VISA payment card for online subscriptions/purchases?
Mar 23, 2004
36388 posts
3298 upvotes
Markham
thunderbirds wrote:
Oct 30th, 2014 6:24 pm
does the cross border transfer work with online banking like RBC or via phone banking only ?
phone banking only for now.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Mar 23, 2004
36388 posts
3298 upvotes
Markham
rvs007 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2014 12:09 pm
Edit: I've read the last few pages and found that I can open the TD Bank Convenience Chequing Account via online without any issues of not being in the U.S., but that I will not be able to apply for a TD Bank U.S. credit card without a U.S. address. So the question I still have is for the TD Bank Visa Debit card that I get for opening up the Convenience Chequing Account, would I be able to use that as a VISA payment card for online subscriptions/purchases?
Yes, you should be able to. The other side wouldnt know if its a debit visa or not.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
10250 posts
3044 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for confirming angel_wing0. Does anyone know how quickly the TD Bank Visa Debit Card will get sent out once the Convenience Chequing account is opened?
Temp. Banned
Jan 30, 2006
851 posts
286 upvotes
anyone knows if it's possible to fund a new account from other US account or by credit card

I opened account online but it suggests to move money from TD account in canada which I don't have
Jan 28, 2010
163 posts
18 upvotes
Montreal
angel_wing0 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2014 3:04 pm
phone banking only for now.
you can do it through easyweb using VISA money transfer. not instant as RBC, but still helps saving time to do it on phone