• Nov 9th, 2017 2:34 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 7, 2010
665 posts
114 upvotes
gameon12 wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 6:48 pm
I opened the RBC US$ e-savings account here and then their US (Georgia) Preferred Money Market. SO easy to move $USD back and forth. And I've banked w TD from day one.
Agreed, easy and smooth process. Just remember that you are allowed only 1 free withdrawal per monthly cycle from the e-Savings and that you need to keep a minimum of US$1000 in the MM to waive the monthly fee.
May 7, 2012
307 posts
89 upvotes
komodor wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 3:34 pm
Agreed, easy and smooth process. Just remember that you are allowed only 1 free withdrawal per monthly cycle from the e-Savings and that you need to keep a minimum of US$1000 in the MM to waive the monthly fee.
Yep. And you get 6 debits/withdrawals/bill pays per month (statement cycle) out of the US MMF. Their Visa CC is very handy as well.
Mar 2, 2014
267 posts
71 upvotes
Finished setting up their convenience checking account, the process was pretty painless.

Now, I am thinking of applying for their credit card as well, anyone successfully applied and received it yet?

EDIT: Just tried applying and its only available for US addresses :(
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2016
1376 posts
516 upvotes
Houston, TX
scorown wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:21 pm
Finished setting up their convenience checking account, the process was pretty painless.

Now, I am thinking of applying for their credit card as well, anyone successfully applied and received it yet?

EDIT: Just tried applying and its only available for US addresses :(
You should get free USD card (Canadian still). US card is only for US residents, yes. And general rules applies here - you'll be a no-history man for them in terms of credit cards :/
The easiest way to get US card (once you'd have US address) - use Amex "transfer" program and get US Amex.
Make the Trudeau drama teacher again!