• Dec 22nd, 2015 9:37 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3015 posts
1141 upvotes
About 1.5 hours from the border and I'm thinking about it.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2009
2326 posts
847 upvotes
Does the receipt state the actual colour?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3015 posts
1141 upvotes
flash67 wrote: Does the receipt state the actual colour?
Yes, in the model name.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2063 posts
442 upvotes
Vancouver
According to BB US site, you have until Jan. 15 2016 to make a return, so perhaps you can do it after the new years, when border and mall traffic eases up a bit.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1322 posts
388 upvotes
Kanata
flash67 wrote: Then stores commit it all the time...

Plenty of times I've walked in for an exchange... Told them I had my receipt and they didn't even look at it... They just exchanged the item...

Hitman you sound like you work for a union
Lol. The store is not committing fraud because they believed you when someone says or implies that they bought the product at that store.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2009
2326 posts
847 upvotes
Dark Phoenix wrote: Lol. The store is not committing fraud because they believed you when someone says or implies that they bought the product at that store.

I agree... at no point was there any fraud being done... Hitman is just a union worker and doesn't know any better
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1322 posts
388 upvotes
Kanata
flash67 wrote: I agree... at no point was there any fraud being done... Hitman is just a union worker and doesn't know any better
No, if a customer tried to return something from a different store while lying, that is fraud. And this includes something from the American vs Canadian store. If the customer is honest and the stores accepts, it's not fraud.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2009
2326 posts
847 upvotes
Dark Phoenix wrote: No, if a customer tried to return something from a different store while lying, that is fraud. And this includes something from the American vs Canadian store. If the customer is honest and the stores accepts, it's not fraud.
Right and that's exactly what I was referring to in my first post until he decided to tell me its fraud, thanks.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
The problem is the upc would be different and not scan in the Canadian system so the inventory could not legitimately be accepted back into the system in Canada. The other problem is that even if the store accepted it in Canada they could not sell it due to the packaging, manuals and warranty card only being in English with no French.