• Sep 6th, 2018 2:43 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
10026 posts
1420 upvotes
Toronto

U of T Frosh Week and Parade

Hey all, I saw a glimpse of the big parade today at Bloor and Yonge. Anybody here participate in it?

I went exactly 20 years ago. If anybody is here from around that era, does anybody remember any of the chants? I remember they were quite vulgar, sexist, etc. Think of those 80s Porky's movies type mindset. They definitely cleaned them up from what I heard. Plus seemed to be alot more females to guys ratio.

The other thing I noticed when I was just browsing the websites, all events are pretty much non-alcohol. I'm guessing after they got rid of OAC, did the no alcohol thing become more prevalent? I remember more pub nights, alcohol at the events.

Basically, the culture of University definitely has changed.
1 reply
Aug 18, 2018
147 posts
87 upvotes
SFO <==> YYZ
I was a frosh in 2006 (I turned 30 a few months ago, there I just saved you 3 seconds Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes), and I remember SMC had some pretty uh, colourful chants. New College was much tamer by comparison, but I do remember one of them went something along the lines of "...we're the best so **** the rest". ArtSci had nothing on the engies though, they really knew how to party and in purple!

Legal drinking age is 19 in ON, so any official frosh event is alcohol-free. However I can say alcohol was plentiful and very easy and cheap to get, and you're doing something seriously wrong if you didn't find your way into at least one booze-infused party.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)