Off Topic

U of T Prof. Jordan Peterson creating fear and intimidation

[OP]
Aug 17, 2009
613 posts
297 upvotes

That's right folks. You heard that right. Univ. of Toronto Professor Peterson, who dared question the rationale behind so many left-leaning mind numbing concepts, is now accused by the left-leaning professors at U of T of creating a climate of fear and intimidation at U of T. Women and Gender Studies Institute of the U of T have spearheaded the project. In case you were wondering.

Let that sink in.
30 replies
[OP]
Aug 17, 2009
613 posts
297 upvotes
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
2941 posts
2106 upvotes
Burnaby
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:04 pm

That's right folks. You heard that right. Univ. of Toronto Professor Peterson, who dared question the rationale behind so many left-leaning mind numbing concepts, is now accused by the left-leaning professors at U of T of creating a climate of fear and intimidation at U of T. Women and Gender Studies Institute of the U of T have spearheaded the project. In case you were wondering.

Let that sink in.
Bringing back McCarthyism and a sort of reverse-STASI? ... so 1950's
yare yare daze...

[space reserved for peddling, shilling, self-promotion and advertising]
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3937 posts
523 upvotes
Aurora
My son will be university age in six years. I'm so afraid for him...
[OP]
Aug 17, 2009
613 posts
297 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:19 pm
My son will be university age in six years. I'm so afraid for him...
It sounds like you still have time to teach him to think for himself. To consider all points of view. To think objectively, rationally and critically. To have standards. To be balanced. To see through all the garbage peddled nowadays by universities.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
14181 posts
1533 upvotes
Toronto
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:12 pm
In fact, her supervising professor, Nathan Rambukkana, told her that by showing the video to her “Canadian Communication in Context” class, “it basically was like … neutrally playing a speech by Hitler …”
So we're not even allowed to neutrally study Hitler now. I wonder if we'll be able to study anything else unpleasant, or if we're just supposed to forget them so they can happen again.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
[OP]
Aug 17, 2009
613 posts
297 upvotes
Piro21 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:47 pm
So we're not even allowed to neutrally study Hitler now. I wonder if we'll be able to study anything else unpleasant, or if we're just supposed to forget them so they can happen again.
That's what worries me too. Forget holding a position or train of thought that is at odds with the bullies. But not even being able to neutrally study or explain a subject? We cannot speak of Mao Zedong? Or Joseph Stalin? Yikes. I wonder if the general public understands how perilous this situation is, and how bad it can become ...
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
2941 posts
2106 upvotes
Burnaby
OP is mixing up two separate/independent problems in this thread: one is a faculty staff requesting students to denounce/categorize other faculty staff according to his extremist criteria and the other one is a case of extreme/blind political correctness by a (different) faculty staff. Not the same topic at all.
yare yare daze...

[space reserved for peddling, shilling, self-promotion and advertising]
[OP]
Aug 17, 2009
613 posts
297 upvotes
aviador wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:31 pm
OP is mixing up two separate/independent problems in this thread: one is a faculty staff requesting students to denounce/categorize other faculty staff according to his extremist criteria and the other one is a case of extreme/blind political correctness by a (different) faculty staff. Not the same topic at all.
No, I'm not. They're different outcomes of the same problem. A faculty staff (Peterson) requesting students to call out other left-leaning faculty staff according to his unbiased & neutral criteria and the other is a case of extremist faculty staff forcing left-leaning ideology on students. People should have the right to think & express themselves and not to be indoctrinated with vile ideology.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1204 posts
120 upvotes
Logtown
It's funny how information causes leftists to try and silence criticism of their views due to made up "fear".

Fear of.. the dangerous dissenting views.

Cue the spooky music.

Slowly but surely leftists are alienating themselves, and as the cultural Marxists have done over the many decades, re-brand themselves and try to hijack some other movement into their anarcho-communist direction. They aren't original enough to form their own movement from scratch.

It's just unfortunate all the long term damage they're doing until people get the nuts to stand up to them.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1367 posts
147 upvotes
Kitchener
Where's the nearest safe space at the UofT?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9846 posts
799 upvotes
I can hear the reeeeeeeeeeeeee from all the way here.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3937 posts
523 upvotes
Aurora
X-Nemesis wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 2:52 am
Where's the nearest safe space at the UofT?
It sounds to me like the entire campus is a safe space.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1204 posts
120 upvotes
Logtown
I'd worry about the backlash. Remember this movement is piggybacking on a backlash to the religious right. It seems people are incapable of finding the middleground. I'd be equally worried about an impending right wing backlash especially hijacked like this.
Last edited by titaniumtux on Nov 11th, 2017 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted post deleted
Aug 21, 2008
538 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
AndySixx wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 11:56 am
I'd worry about the backlash. Remember this movement is piggybacking on a backlash to the religious right. It seems people are incapable of finding the middleground. I'd be equally worried about an impending right wing backlash especially hijacked like this.
What the "elite" appears to want is an eventual civil war between traditionally western european dominated nations against islam migrants as well as "SJW" type brainwashed drones. Hopefully our muslim brothers and sisters also wake up to the deception in time and pick the right side. The elite loves people from muslim countries as they are more used to/accepting of totalitarian type systems and tend not to integrate well in to different societies disolving social cohesion and unity.

Divide and rule. Have the population fighting amongst themselves instead of against the tyrants pulling the strings. Swoop in with the EU army they are setting up and in the case of Canada usher in "the first post national state". Anyone against it is branded an "alt right" nazi. Brillant really, evil but brillant. All a manifestation of the Kalergi plan. I dont think they will succeed.