Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Paypal

Uber $50 Gift Card for $45 (PayPal Members)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2018 12:17 am
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
JRGUINNESS wrote: Anyone else getting this message:

Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.
Same
Oct 1, 2017
68 posts
20 upvotes
Anyone paid couple hours ago but haven't received their gc yet?

checked, not in spam
Feb 13, 2018
217 posts
223 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote: Same
Same thing here. They said my purchase cannot be proceeded at this time. They suggest to try later or calling for help.
Feb 4, 2017
213 posts
275 upvotes
Let's say you use this for a while and end up with $5 left and take a $10 ride. Can you use the remaining $5 gift card balance and charge the other $5 to your card? Or are you forever stuck with the last little bit of the gift card balance?
Nov 28, 2013
150 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto
etgohomeok wrote: Let's say you use this for a while and end up with $5 left and take a $10 ride. Can you use the remaining $5 gift card balance and charge the other $5 to your card? Or are you forever stuck with the last little bit of the gift card balance?
Can confirm - It will take the remainder from the credit card you have on file.
Apr 26, 2013
98 posts
16 upvotes
Cambridge
Was able to buy and redeem 3 before getting this message when trying to buy a fourth:

“Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.”
Apr 26, 2013
98 posts
16 upvotes
Cambridge
hvwozq wrote: I bought 14, and I can still buy more.

If you get that error, it is because of PayPal's fraud protection. Their reps can't help you.
I can buy more again now after waiting. bought another 3
Aug 11, 2009
819 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Bought two, might get more, regularly use Uber and UberEats.
no external links allowed
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6972 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
God this is annoying that I can't purchase it.
Dec 8, 2008
276 posts
95 upvotes
JRGUINNESS wrote: Anyone else getting this message:

Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.
RolandCouch wrote: Same
Same message for me at first but I realized it's cause I was trying to use an old credit card lol. Updated that and it worked just fine.

Also, I think this is super YMMV but I've received two separate $10 credit emails from PayPal (one of those "we want you back" things) in the last few weeks and I was able to combine that with this card purchase. Check your emails to see if you've got one too!
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
blue_raptor wrote: Same message for me at first but I realized it's cause I was trying to use an old credit card lol. Updated that and it worked just fine.

Also, I think this is super YMMV but I've received two separate $10 credit emails from PayPal (one of those "we want you back" things) in the last few weeks and I was able to combine that with this card purchase. Check your emails to see if you've got one too!
Thanks. Still no luck for me. Same message. Oh well
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6972 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RolandCouch wrote: Thanks. Still no luck for me. Same message. Oh well
Same.

Tried to call in and even their phone system is bugged...
Feb 13, 2018
217 posts
223 upvotes
It never worked with my credit card also. I had to add my bank account and pay with my debit card to work. Very lame. Other PayPal purchase always worked like a champ with my CC but not on their own site? lol.
Feb 13, 2018
217 posts
223 upvotes
Just another question for those who use uber eat. 3 days ago I make an order that cost $26.88, everything was good, but today, when I checked my credits, its still at $200, they still dont take my money (I checked my credit card and no charge) so...it is normal if uber still didn't take the money out of my current credits balance?
Apr 26, 2013
98 posts
16 upvotes
Cambridge
SoYoung24 wrote: Just another question for those who use uber eat. 3 days ago I make an order that cost $26.88, everything was good, but today, when I checked my credits, its still at $200, they still dont take my money (I checked my credit card and no charge) so...it is normal if uber still didn't take the money out of my current credits balance?
The one time I’ve only used Uber eats they used my credits. You’re even given a choice to toggle credits when purchasing.