Ubereats driver ... is it worth it ?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 12:12 pm
Mar 13, 2017
146 posts
75 upvotes
TorontoTacos wrote:
Apr 29th, 2017 3:06 am
If you don't want to work a part time job at a warehouse, retail, security, etc. Start doing UberEats. I currently work 7PM-7AM on my days off (Wed/Thu) and make about $375-$425. You literally set your own hours because you turn on the APP and start delivering. If you are going to start, here are some tips:

Use a bike or low fuel vehicle
If you don't know Toronto streets (have a good amount of Data for Google Maps)
Be very friendly (Good morning, afternoon, evening, enjoy your food, have a good night, etc.) (Overall feedback should be 95%+).
Use the delivery bag to keep the food warm!
Deliveries on Sat/Sun 7AM-1PM will net you the most money! (Downtown Toronto).
Hey I have a couple questions.

I started today and got a negative feedback for Professionalism and food handling. I assure you I treated everybody and everything nicely. I smiled and greeted the customers. Can this have a negative effect on my uber status?

Where would you recommend doing deliveries for the most money and what times? I currently live in Brampton. I got a few deliveries in Brampton today, but I was thinking about square one. What about the suburbs of Toronto? I don't really want to go downtown ifni don't have to. I'd usually try and drive weekend evenings or afternoons around 12-5
Jul 22, 2015
176 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RoyDavisG wrote:
May 4th, 2017 10:13 pm
Hey I have a couple questions.

I started today and got a negative feedback for Professionalism and food handling. I assure you I treated everybody and everything nicely. I smiled and greeted the customers. Can this have a negative effect on my uber status?

Where would you recommend doing deliveries for the most money and what times? I currently live in Brampton. I got a few deliveries in Brampton today, but I was thinking about square one. What about the suburbs of Toronto? I don't really want to go downtown ifni don't have to. I'd usually try and drive weekend evenings or afternoons around 12-5
I don't think it has a negative effect overall since it was just one review. I tend to wear very neutral clothing, I'm always groomed and very friendly so maybe try to follow those tips? Downtown Toronto is where most of the action is (those condos near the Fort York area) + China town (lots of pings!). There is also recommended areas to be in "Hot Spots" for the most cash, just check the main website but it should also be your UberDriver App.
Mar 13, 2017
146 posts
75 upvotes
TorontoTacos wrote:
May 6th, 2017 2:26 am
I don't think it has a negative effect overall since it was just one review. I tend to wear very neutral clothing, I'm always groomed and very friendly so maybe try to follow those tips? Downtown Toronto is where most of the action is (those condos near the Fort York area) + China town (lots of pings!). There is also recommended areas to be in "Hot Spots" for the most cash, just check the main website but it should also be your UberDriver App.
Thanks.

I just was in downtown today. I worked from around 12:30 to 4 AM and made around 60 bucks before gas. I have no idea how you make so much doing ubereats!
Mar 13, 2017
146 posts
75 upvotes
jacobe wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 7:37 pm
Depends on how much your primary jobs pays (**taxes**). I have heard of people earning extra cash for small Chinese restaurants or pizza shops. Cash. Working part time hours. On the more legitimate route, I have a friend who delivers for UberEats and says he makes close to $20/hour.He bikes during the summer. Good exercise + get around downtown faster than driving + little vehicle maintenance cost. You can drive your bike downtown. Park your car somewhere and start work like he does sometimes. He will also do a couple of pick ups using his car if he is on call or waiting for a client for his primary job. Just sign in and wait for a request anywhere. Using your car pays a bit more because you cover more distance but please do weigh it against your mileage/gas cost. But parking can be a pain if you do plan to deliver downtown. Away from downtown or in the suburbs, parking is almost a non-issue. It doesn't hurt to sign up and give it a go. You work on your own schedule and the application process is quite simple and quick. Let us know how you find it.
I worked from around 12:30 am to 4 am Tonight. I made around 60 bucks before gas. Only did it downtown because I happened to be there anyways. I now see why people hate condos and parking...

I might just stick to square one area by Mississauga. Closer to me and no parking hassles.
Mar 18, 2015
829 posts
166 upvotes
Antarctica
I suppose ubereats is a no-no for just Scarborough/Durham/Markham areas? Cant really go to downtown Toronto, too far to be economical.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36784 posts
2597 upvotes
Toronto
worldpositive wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 10:32 pm
It was stupid of me to do what I did for ******** customers.

Never worked in retail due to my anti-social awkward behavior. I didn't want to confront people, or have people mad at me. Now that has all changed, I'm not an A-Hole but I no longer tolerate BS. I can see myself getting into verbal altercation with customers now. This was probably the only positive thing I gained from delivering for UBER, I realized that not everyone in this world treat another human being like a human being, therefore you don't have to respect them either. On the positive note, I once delivered to a house where College/Uni girls were drunk and walking around in booty shorts and thongs. I got to see the glimpse of it when the receiving girl kept the door open. It was like a hot frat party you see in movies movies except it was several girls having good time. I don't generally rate women, but they were all 9 to 10. That was probably the only thing kept me going for a while to be honest. There was a time where I called a customer to tell him/her to open the door as I was outside and I heard a voice compliment my look on Uber Profile pic and told me to" open the door, leave the food on the table and come straight up to the first room on right (or left can't remember)". I left the food at the door and got the f*** out of there. The voice sounded like an old man pretending to be a woman.

The most humiliating thing I went through was having to stand outside a pub/club (&Company and Restro Bar) in Mississauga, waiting for the chef to come outside and give me the food as I wasn't allowed to go in. I stood beside the bouncers while smoking hot girls were eyeing me up and down as if I'm some disgusting creature. If you guys are wondering what kind of girls go there, just look up pics on Instagram using " &Company and Resto Bar" as the checked in place. I got PTSD from that night. There is no way I can afford to be looked down upon like this.
Damn. I was waiting for the part where you say you did them all.

Lollll Damn I'm bad... bad bad comment. Well the beautiful women... not the old guy. But nothing wrong with being gay. Just saying.
Mar 25, 2017
210 posts
104 upvotes
RoyDavisG wrote:
May 6th, 2017 5:08 am
I worked from around 12:30 am to 4 am Tonight. I made around 60 bucks before gas. Only did it downtown because I happened to be there anyways. I now see why people hate condos and parking...

I might just stick to square one area by Mississauga. Closer to me and no parking hassles.
Do from 9:30PM to 3:00 AM. You'd make decent amount. There was a time where you could make up to $15/pick up and average delivery pay was about $9. Don't worry about how you look, no one cares. Wear what is comfortable. Don't stress over your ratings, UberEats drivers are scarce and therefore they won't kick you off the app. I'm at 90% satisfaction rate and 20% cancellation rate they still send me promotions to get back to driving LOL.
Mar 25, 2017
210 posts
104 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote:
May 10th, 2017 4:22 pm
I suppose ubereats is a no-no for just Scarborough/Durham/Markham areas? Cant really go to downtown Toronto, too far to be economical.
Download the customer app and see how many restaurants are located where.
Mar 25, 2017
210 posts
104 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
May 10th, 2017 6:27 pm
Damn. I was waiting for the part where you say you did them all.

Lollll Damn I'm bad... bad bad comment. Well the beautiful women... not the old guy. But nothing wrong with being gay. Just saying.
Even if those girls had invited me in I still would have wussed out.
Mar 13, 2017
146 posts
75 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote:
May 10th, 2017 4:22 pm
I also live in the suburbs, just in Peel Region.

There's deliveries to be made in these areas, just not as much. I'll usually do it after work or on my way from doing an errand. Don't expect too much though. I sat outside of square one for 4 hours and only made 5 deliveries. This was at lunch time.

Honestly, I don't recommend going downtown unless you can handle it. Parking is just a shit show and you're always scared of getting a ticket or getting your car vandalized.

I dropped off my friends in Royal York area and got quite a few deliveries last weekend. Stay on the outskirts of downtown
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36784 posts
2597 upvotes
Toronto
RoyDavisG wrote:
May 10th, 2017 6:39 pm
I also live in the suburbs, just in Peel Region.

There's deliveries to be made in these areas, just not as much. I'll usually do it after work or on my way from doing an errand. Don't expect too much though. I sat outside of square one for 4 hours and only made 5 deliveries. This was at lunch time.

Honestly, I don't recommend going downtown unless you can handle it. Parking is just a shit show and you're always scared of getting a ticket or getting your car vandalized.

I dropped off my friends in Royal York area and got quite a few deliveries last weekend. Stay on the outskirts of downtown

Agreed... the edges of dt are great bc of the density and easier to find a spot to pull over. Leslieville, beaches, highpark, ronscesville,
Aug 11, 2017
2 posts
Hi! I have one question to ask you. Do UberEats delivery riders file tax? I've been searching for it but not clear for 'Delivery Riders', not drivers. If you can share how you are doing about tax, it will be grateful!
Aug 11, 2017
2 posts
Hi! I'm wondering how you deal with tax. Do delivery riders have to pay tax if they are using bicycles?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
2427 posts
1137 upvotes
Montreal
They keep refusing my application because the car is leased by my mom and the insurance lists my mom's name but mine as a co driver. Any way I can get Uber eats to approve me?
Feb 16, 2013
547 posts
587 upvotes
Toronto
I did it on a CBR250.
It's small enough that you can lane split when traffic is not moving.
Faster than a bike.
Gas costs nothing.
Park on the sidewalk like a scumbag/ electric scooter driver.

You can make some good coin if you hustle.
If you try to find an actual parking that's legal you'll burn hours.