Careers

Ubereats driver ... is it worth it ?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2018 6:54 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
4767 posts
230 upvotes
I did the math, it's not worth it without the referral bonus. Without, it's about min wage but worse than that because your own expenses.
Dec 10, 2016
18 posts
3 upvotes
Im trying to figure out how place a rack on my electric bike, so I can delivery pizza and larger orders. Can some please post a picture of your bike if you were able to do that? I'd highly appreciate it.
Sep 26, 2017
191 posts
166 upvotes
I delivered pizza in university and made much more than what you guys are stating you made from ubereats

I did part-time about 5-6 hours and each shift would net me over 100$ easily and on busy weekends, ive made up to 500$ with about 20 hours.

pizza hut paid me 5$/delivery cash plus tip. if you are doing it to supplement your main income, this would be better as it has no tax implications
Mar 23, 2015
3 posts
Toronto
Hi what city are you doing the the deliveries , I was told by uber I can't use my CBR. Expressionless Face
Mar 23, 2015
3 posts
Toronto
Is anyone using a motorcycle or gas scooter to deliver ubereats in Toronto. I was told I cannot use either and I can only use a bicycle or e-bike why is this? It doesn't make any sense at all who came up with this regulation? I try to get answers from ubereats but they just tell me it's a policy.
Mar 25, 2017
247 posts
127 upvotes
DanielK108 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 9:50 am
Is anyone using a motorcycle or gas scooter to deliver ubereats in Toronto. I was told I cannot use either and I can only use a bicycle or e-bike why is this? It doesn't make any sense at all who came up with this regulation? I try to get answers from ubereats but they just tell me it's a policy.

I guess they want to identify your vehicle ?
Feb 22, 2018
1 posts
Hi!

I am just new to Toronto, a new immigrant, love biking and contemplating to do UberEats deliveries. Can i pull on it as a full time job? I can work weekends and whole of lunch/dinner hours during weekdays. I would be preferring downtown.

How much a minimum I could make, considering the fact that my average speed comes out to be 20km/ph?

Thanks
Apr 7, 2018
2 posts
Yes it is really worth it! Took me no more than a month before deciding to quit my job as server to only do uber eats. You can even have someone with you on your deliveries! So my boyfriend and I are doing it together and rack up a good 1000$ a week. That’s in average. Sometimes a little less when it’s a slower week or that we take more than a day off. You even get bonuses for completing a certain amount of deliveries per week, bonuses change depending of your location I think. .. Applying is very easy, and really worth it !
Jan 1, 2017
285 posts
147 upvotes
RejectedAce wrote:
Apr 8th, 2018 4:30 pm
Yes it is really worth it! Took me no more than a month before deciding to quit my job as server to only do uber eats. You can even have someone with you on your deliveries! So my boyfriend and I are doing it together and rack up a good 1000$ a week. That’s in average. Sometimes a little less when it’s a slower week or that we take more than a day off. You even get bonuses for completing a certain amount of deliveries per week, bonuses change depending of your location I think. .. Applying is very easy, and really worth it !
How many hours per week do you work for ubereats to make $1000 per week?
Apr 5, 2018
4 posts
MrsPotato wrote:
Mar 4th, 2017 2:35 pm
IMHO, the way to get real answers to your questions is take an Uber and ask the drivers.
They're always very open to discussion and have always answered this questions in detail when I've asked.
None of these questions are trade secrets but to right to the source. If you've taken an Uber, you'd know these answers already to be honest.

Ps.
Google is your friend. Please use it.
https://uberpeople.net/threads/want-to- ... ons.22518/

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business/ta ... -1.3462006

http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/news/ ... uit-argues

Thanks man! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
If there were no humor, life would be tragic!
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1155 posts
529 upvotes
Moon
Why do you guys do uber eats if the pay is shit? I'm making $20 an hour doing Lyft picking people up and enjoying a nice chat.
Jul 22, 2015
211 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RejectedAce wrote:
Apr 8th, 2018 4:30 pm
This sounds like a PR person working for UberEats. Stay away and don't deliver with UberEats unless you do the following: Sign up a vehicle account, use an e-bike to deliver and stay away from Mcdonalds deliveries.
Apr 7, 2018
2 posts
McDonald’s deliveries are actually really paying from 5PM to midnight with the x1.5 boost then from midnight to 5AM with the x2.0 boost. Each of those deliveries are minimum 7$ for only like 4-5 minutes of driving cause there’s a McDonald on every corner lol.. some nights between midnight and 1-1:30 I can make almost 45$ just from the McDonald’s deliveries. I guess the promotions aren’t that great in your area if you don’t have those boosts! And also (here in Virginia at least) of course it’s not written anywhere but Everytime you wait 15 minutes and up you can go click on the option “issue with my fare” and say that you waited more than 15 minutes and you’ll get an answer pretty much in the same hour saying “here’s an additional 5$ for the inconvenience”. So, McDonald’s here are really paying. 5$ just for the wait cause they take forever, plus around 7$ for the delivery.