Hot Deals

UFile 2018 for Windows Digital - $18.99 ($4 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2019 1:26 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5481 posts
2561 upvotes

UFile 2018 for Windows Digital - $18.99 ($4 off)

Deal Link:
Price:
$18.99

UFile 2018 (CD version) is currently on sale for $19.99 at most retailers.

The digital download version direct from ufile.ca is regular price at $22.99.

Use voucher: UFSU98BNS4 to save $4 and therefore make it cheaper than the CD version.
42 replies
Apr 21, 2009
410 posts
127 upvotes
Tri Cities
Thanks, was waiting for a sale, this is better I dont have to drive to staples or bestbuy
Mar 2, 2011
359 posts
45 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone want to buy my extra code of UFile 2018 (4 returns) for $15? I bought it a few months ago and I completely forgot about it when I bought a physical copy last week and used that instead. PM if interested. Thanks.
Dec 21, 2015
403 posts
140 upvotes
Canada
How hard is it to use this?
I've always went to an accountant ($80 CAD) for taxes for me and my wife combined.

Not much to report:
full time job (vehicle allowance and gas card),
some capital gain through trading,
and side online business
Aug 30, 2017
122 posts
149 upvotes
Not to sidetrack the conversation, but can someone please explain to me in what way(s) a paid software such as UFile is better than the free SimpleTax.ca?
Does it provide a better return? :-)
No, seriously. If your case is complicated, or you've got a corporation - you're better off with an accountant anyway. But if you're filing personal taxes - what does the paid software have to offer over the free alternatives?
Last edited by alexttp on Mar 19th, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11725 posts
1614 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
I've been using UFile.ca for almost 10yrs. The free online version is good enuff for vast majority of peeps. Got my refund exactly a week after filing online. They make small improvements every year. Didnt know peeps pay for this. *welp*
Last edited by aznnorth on Mar 19th, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2183 posts
1379 upvotes
Oakville
alexttp wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 11:06 pm
Not to sidetrack the conversation, but can someone please explain to me in what way(s) a paid software such as UFile is better than the free SampleTax.ca?
No, seriously. If your case is complicated, or you've got a corporation - you're better off with an accountant anyway. But if you're filing personal taxes - what does the paid software have to offer over the free alternatives?
The paid ones research the latest updates, use filing history to maximize on people's returns by suggesting things you may not normally know to claim.

I personally use an accountant for $80 and have a side income, stocks, etc, which is pretty cheap.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2183 posts
1379 upvotes
Oakville
alexttp wrote:
Not to sidetrack the conversation, but can someone please explain to me in what way(s) a paid software such as UFile is better than the free SampleTax.ca?
The paid ones research the latest updates, use filing history to maximize on people's returns by suggesting things you may not normally know to claim.

I personally use an accountant for $80 and have a side income, stocks, etc, which is pretty cheap.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Jun 10, 2011
459 posts
320 upvotes
you problably mean simpletax.ca ;-)
I use https://www.studiotax.com/ which is also FREE, and the best of all is your information never leave your computer!
you can then decide to submit your tax online or print them and send them by mail.
I'll never pay again to do my tax, Studiotax is SOOOO easy
never had a problem or error in my tax return in 5 years
alexttp wrote:
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11725 posts
1614 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
zdpz wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 11:13 pm

UFile.ca free online version does pretty much the same shit. Gives tips and offers different calculations, pop-up's, etc. Why are peeps paying for this when it's free.... like I said the free version covers 90% of the situations in personal returns. The other 10% would be small businesses, LLC's or corporations which obviously one wud use a qualified CA, CPA.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Aug 30, 2017
122 posts
149 upvotes
Simple Tax, of course. Thanks for paying attention, fixed the typo :-)

These guys also do their research, update the software every year with the latest changes from CRA (which, granted, makes their lives easier by eliminating more and more refundable items...).
They give you an option to prepopulate new returns based on previous years, optimize returns between spouses, and much more. And, of course, allow instant electronic filing.

P.S. I am not affiliated with them, just a happy customer :-)
sobig wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 11:13 pm
you problably mean simpletax.ca ;-)
I use https://www.studiotax.com/ which is also FREE, and the best of all is your information never leave your computer!
you can then decide to submit your tax online or print them and send them by mail.
I'll never pay again to do my tax, Studiotax is SOOOO easy
never had a problem or error in my tax return in 5 years
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8809 posts
1523 upvotes
Toronto
Filed my taxes myself for first time this year. Compared simpletax, studio tax and turbotax. All gave me the same return, and all had CRA import. Out of the 3 for me simple tax was best, followed by studio then turbo. Settled on simpletax as it was the most intuitive and arrived at the proper numbers the fastest. I don't mind having my info on the cloud though but that might be something you can't stomach.
Jul 9, 2006
852 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like the code only works with the UFile 4 version. Too bad, I was planning to pick up UFile 12 as I need more returns for the family.
Dec 24, 2012
133 posts
22 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
I found turbotax standard at costco saying not supporting stock trading. true ? ufile supported ?
Feb 15, 2016
162 posts
80 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
4 bucks is still 4 bucks :)