[Ufile.ca] UFile 4 for Windows for $18.99 until April 2

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
April 2, 2017
Retailer:
Ufile.ca
More offers from Ufile.ca
A good deal for those who use UFile to do their taxes.
26 replies
Nov 11, 2009
285 posts
57 upvotes
Edmonton
I forget: can I buy the physical copy for the key, then download the installer from Ufile's website? I don't have an optical drive on my current system...
Aug 29, 2011
62 posts
36 upvotes
SRG01 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 1:23 pm
I forget: can I buy the physical copy for the key, then download the installer from Ufile's website? I don't have an optical drive on my current system...
That is correct, I did this. The key is specifically for return counts.
Nov 11, 2009
285 posts
57 upvotes
Edmonton
duren11 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 1:34 pm
That is correct, I did this. The key is specifically for return counts.
Great, thanks! Time to go to BB after work :)
Dec 28, 2008
959 posts
531 upvotes
Langley, BC
what's the difference in this and the free H&R block one that gives 4 free returns?
Aug 15, 2007
193 posts
39 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Do you need a new version each year that you file taxes?

Why not use free service like Simple Tax? I feel like I'm missing something here??
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2005
1725 posts
128 upvotes
biggaroupa wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:37 pm

Why not use free service like Simple Tax? I feel like I'm missing something here??
I believe the difference is online stores your information but if you buy a copy it stores it on your local machine. It's a privacy thing.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2005
1824 posts
192 upvotes
biggaroupa wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:37 pm

Storing something on the cloud is rarely as safe as storing it locally.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1062 posts
357 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Takada wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 10:51 am
Storing something on the cloud is rarely as safe as storing it locally.
Definitely agreed and I am not much of a fan of these clouds, but it does have it's pros and cons.

In the cloud, your data should in theory be available next year when you want to compare or any other time depending on retention policies. Downside, it is out in the cloud, so if company gets hacked, your data can be compromised.
Locally, you data is private in most cases (assuming you don't have any trojan/virus/spyware) :) Downside, if like MOST people, you don't back up the data on your PC, the day your hard drive crashes (not "IF", but "When"), you can kiss your data goodbye in most cases.

If you backup your personal files regularly, then you should have no problem.. If you want to back your data to the cloud, you should at least encrypt your data. Easiest way is to use something like 7zip (which is free) and create and encrypted archive of your files, with strong password. And then backup the archive to the cloud. Keep in mind, that having a single copy of your data on an external USB drive is NOT a backup. The external drives will fail also.. The point is to have more than one copy, on 2 different forms of media.
Feb 6, 2016
30 posts
11 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
hi there

i'm new for ufile just can someone guide me how to use it properly and if there is a link to video tutorial or ... , at the end i want to file my taxes myself

thanks