Shopping Discussion

Ugh. Amazon.ca is still shipping via Canada Post to Canada.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2018 1:22 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto

Ugh. Amazon.ca is still shipping via Canada Post to Canada.

Arrgh. I ordered some shoes last weekend (Nov. 18) from Amazon.ca and it said the delivery standard was Nov. 21 to 26, shipped from Amazon.ca, via Amazon Prime with free express shipping (2-4 business days).

On the Amazon website now it says it is shipping by Canada Post and it has left the seller facility in Breinigsville, PA US, due for delivery on the 26th.

So, how does that work? It's coming from the US despite being an Amazon.ca order shipping with Canada Post. With all those rotating strikes, should I actually expect to get those shoes next week in Toronto?

This is what it says on Canada Post's website:

We will continue to make best efforts to deliver, but the union’s strike efforts have caused significant backlogs and delays throughout our network. As of today, our major processing centre in Vancouver was shut down from Friday evening to Tuesday morning and Toronto is now shut down, significantly impacting our ability to process mail and parcels. In Toronto alone, more than 180 trailers full of parcels, packets and mail sit idle as the union shuts down the facility for a third time in less than a month. Striking to shut down a processing facility not only impacts our operations at that location, it chokes the flow of mail and parcels to our delivery facilities.

BTW, I ordered the same shoes but the women's version for my wife, and it is showing as being delivered by Amazon in 2 days, on Nov. 21.
188 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
jackrabbit000 wrote: If you check the ad, it's probably a US seller posting on the .ca website. The reason why it's coming from the US.
"Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc."
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
jackrabbit000 wrote: Weird, never seen one sold by Amazon.com.ca, Inc before.
It said Amazon.ca in the ad, but in the final order information it gets listed as Amazon.com.ca.

BTW, it's the exact same thing for my wife's order. Amazon.ca in the ad but Amazon.com.ca in the order information. However, my wife's order arrives in 2 days with Amazon shipping, presumably from Canada.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20806 posts
6622 upvotes
London
My experience with other Amazon stuff I’ve bought:

It’s being shipped from an US Amazon warehouse to a Canadian Amazon warehouse as internal stock transfer.

It’s likely going by truck courier as part of a bulk shipment along with other Amazon stock bound for the same Canadian warehouse.

It gets put into the Canada Post system at the Canadian Amazon warehouse
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
1442 posts
2078 upvotes
I ordered yesterday morning and delivered a couple of hours ago via Purolator. 30 hours.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
l69norm wrote: My experience with other Amazon stuff I’ve bought:

It’s being shipped from an US Amazon warehouse to a Canadian Amazon warehouse as internal stock transfer.

It’s likely going by truck courier as part of a bulk shipment along with other Amazon stock bound for the same Canadian warehouse.

This. ^^^ It’s coming from their US warehouse
Therefore CP is default
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Banned
Mar 13, 2018
1385 posts
679 upvotes
EugW wrote: Arrgh. I ordered some shoes last weekend (Nov. 18) from Amazon.ca and it said the delivery standard was Nov. 21 to 26, shipped from Amazon.ca, via Amazon Prime with free express shipping (2-4 business days).

On the Amazon website now it says it is shipping by Canada Post and it has left the seller facility in Breinigsville, PA US, due for delivery on the 26th.

So, how does that work? It's coming from the US despite being an Amazon.ca order shipping with Canada Post. With all those rotating strikes, should I actually expect to get those shoes next week in Toronto?

This is what it says on Canada Post's website:

We will continue to make best efforts to deliver, but the union’s strike efforts have caused significant backlogs and delays throughout our network. As of today, our major processing centre in Vancouver was shut down from Friday evening to Tuesday morning and Toronto is now shut down, significantly impacting our ability to process mail and parcels. In Toronto alone, more than 180 trailers full of parcels, packets and mail sit idle as the union shuts down the facility for a third time in less than a month. Striking to shut down a processing facility not only impacts our operations at that location, it chokes the flow of mail and parcels to our delivery facilities.

BTW, I ordered the same shoes but the women's version for my wife, and it is showing as being delivered by Amazon in 2 days, on Nov. 21.
I've bought stuff shipped by CP last couple of weeks and they've all arrived quickly and within delivery timeline. It was a few things through Best buy via expedited parcel and got them all in a couple of days to my place in GTA
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
Made a purchase today, received an email from fedex Canada already...

Of course an order I placed last week was shipped Canada Post and is no where to be found.....
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
Gboard2 wrote: I've bought stuff shipped by CP last couple of weeks and they've all arrived quickly and within delivery timeline. It was a few things through Best buy via expedited parcel and got them all in a couple of days to my place in GTA
Lucky. You must have gotten these things before the first shut down in oct , or it went straight from Ingram Micro (best buys forwarder) in Mississauga to your place
The number of trailers full of parcels and packets waiting to be unloaded and processed at Canada Post facilities is well over 300 now.
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2007
1263 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
Red_Army wrote: The number of trailers full of parcels and packets waiting to be unloaded and processed at Canada Post facilities is well over 300 now.
Cam we enter meme territory?
Banned
Mar 13, 2018
1385 posts
679 upvotes
Red_Army wrote: Lucky. You must have gotten these things before the first shut down in oct , or it went straight from Ingram Micro (best buys forwarder) in Mississauga to your place
The number of trailers full of parcels and packets waiting to be unloaded and processed at Canada Post facilities is well over 300 now.
Nope, it was last two weeks , so definitely in November. I at first was worried like you and wonder why they were still shipping with CP

And wow..speak of devil, ordered something from shoppers on Saturday night and it's in my mailbox now!

But ya, maybe my area (Markham) is lucky?
Last edited by Gboard2 on Nov 19th, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
HammerRFDer wrote: Cam we enter meme territory?
Forgive me but I have no idea why this would be funny
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
Red_Army wrote: Forgive me but I have no idea why this would be funny
Memes arnt funny, they are a reflection of sad, sad reality.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: Memes arnt funny, they are a reflection of sad, sad reality.
No idea who that Asian is
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
Red_Army wrote: No idea who that Asian is
It's a meme, it represents that in Asian families the mark you have isn't good enough, ever. Only 300 trailers? Should try harder!

Again, it's a sad, sad reflection of reality. CP only has 300 trailers, strike won't end till there are far, far more.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: It's a meme, it represents that in Asian families the mark you have isn't good enough, ever. Only 300 trailers? Should try harder!

Again, it's a sad, sad reflection of reality. CP only has 300 trailers, strike won't end till there are far, far more.
Oh, just some random Asian. I thought it might be someone important or specific
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2007
1263 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
Red_Army wrote: Oh, just some random Asian. I thought it might be someone important or specific
It's also a play on the various bitcoin memes of 2017 about it going higher and higher (until it didn't).
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
l69norm wrote: My experience with other Amazon stuff I’ve bought:

Ah OK, that makes sense.

I guess that's better than coming via US Postal Service then Canada Post, but I'm still worried it will get delayed. I need them for a vacation in a couple of weeks.
Nov 12, 2012
599 posts
288 upvotes
Port Moody
I think delays have a lot to do with timing, location, luck, and what retailer you use.

All of my incoming and outgoing parcels that stay here in the West have been fine. Any parcel coming from or going into Ontario have been delayed.

I also think business (expedited) parcels are likely prioritized. My orders from Shoppers were far less delayed than a package that was sent to me regular parcel.

I have a couple of outbound international parcels sitting in those trucks in ON, I think ...

Keep in mind that going forward shipping anything from Amazon.com into Canada will be impossible since the corporation asked all foreign countries to hold any incoming mail. This includes the US.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)