Shopping Discussion

Ugh. Amazon.ca is still shipping via Canada Post to Canada.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2018 1:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
15775 posts
3166 upvotes
Toronto

Ugh. Amazon.ca is still shipping via Canada Post to Canada.

Arrgh. I ordered some shoes last weekend (Nov. 18) from Amazon.ca and it said the delivery standard was Nov. 21 to 26, shipped from Amazon.ca, via Amazon Prime with free express shipping (2-4 business days).

On the Amazon website now it says it is shipping by Canada Post and it has left the seller facility in Breinigsville, PA US, due for delivery on the 26th.

So, how does that work? It's coming from the US despite being an Amazon.ca order shipping with Canada Post. With all those rotating strikes, should I actually expect to get those shoes next week in Toronto?

This is what it says on Canada Post's website:

We will continue to make best efforts to deliver, but the union’s strike efforts have caused significant backlogs and delays throughout our network. As of today, our major processing centre in Vancouver was shut down from Friday evening to Tuesday morning and Toronto is now shut down, significantly impacting our ability to process mail and parcels. In Toronto alone, more than 180 trailers full of parcels, packets and mail sit idle as the union shuts down the facility for a third time in less than a month. Striking to shut down a processing facility not only impacts our operations at that location, it chokes the flow of mail and parcels to our delivery facilities.

BTW, I ordered the same shoes but the women's version for my wife, and it is showing as being delivered by Amazon in 2 days, on Nov. 21.
191 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4842 posts
1236 upvotes
Alberta
If you check the ad, it's probably a US seller posting on the .ca website. The reason why it's coming from the US. USPS > CP.
Last edited by jackrabbit000 on Nov 19th, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
15775 posts
3166 upvotes
Toronto
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 4:33 pm
If you check the ad, it's probably a US seller posting on the .ca website. The reason why it's coming from the US.
"Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc."
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4842 posts
1236 upvotes
Alberta
Weird, never seen one sold by Amazon.com.ca, Inc before.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
15775 posts
3166 upvotes
Toronto
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 4:39 pm
Weird, never seen one sold by Amazon.com.ca, Inc before.
It said Amazon.ca in the ad, but in the final order information it gets listed as Amazon.com.ca.

BTW, it's the exact same thing for my wife's order. Amazon.ca in the ad but Amazon.com.ca in the order information. However, my wife's order arrives in 2 days with Amazon shipping, presumably from Canada.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
13050 posts
2563 upvotes
London
My experience with other Amazon stuff I’ve bought:

It’s being shipped from an US Amazon warehouse to a Canadian Amazon warehouse as internal stock transfer.

It’s likely going by truck courier as part of a bulk shipment along with other Amazon stock bound for the same Canadian warehouse.

It gets put into the Canada Post system at the Canadian Amazon warehouse
Oct 1, 2011
490 posts
424 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered yesterday morning and delivered a couple of hours ago via Purolator. 30 hours.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4022 posts
1340 upvotes
l69norm wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 5:04 pm
My experience with other Amazon stuff I’ve bought:

It’s being shipped from an US Amazon warehouse to a Canadian Amazon warehouse as internal stock transfer.

It’s likely going by truck courier as part of a bulk shipment along with other Amazon stock bound for the same Canadian warehouse.

It gets put into the Canada Post system at the Canadian Amazon warehouse
This. ^^^ It’s coming from their US warehouse
Therefore CP is default
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Banned
Mar 13, 2018
1385 posts
652 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 4:24 pm
Arrgh. I ordered some shoes last weekend (Nov. 18) from Amazon.ca and it said the delivery standard was Nov. 21 to 26, shipped from Amazon.ca, via Amazon Prime with free express shipping (2-4 business days).

On the Amazon website now it says it is shipping by Canada Post and it has left the seller facility in Breinigsville, PA US, due for delivery on the 26th.

So, how does that work? It's coming from the US despite being an Amazon.ca order shipping with Canada Post. With all those rotating strikes, should I actually expect to get those shoes next week in Toronto?

This is what it says on Canada Post's website:

We will continue to make best efforts to deliver, but the union’s strike efforts have caused significant backlogs and delays throughout our network. As of today, our major processing centre in Vancouver was shut down from Friday evening to Tuesday morning and Toronto is now shut down, significantly impacting our ability to process mail and parcels. In Toronto alone, more than 180 trailers full of parcels, packets and mail sit idle as the union shuts down the facility for a third time in less than a month. Striking to shut down a processing facility not only impacts our operations at that location, it chokes the flow of mail and parcels to our delivery facilities.

BTW, I ordered the same shoes but the women's version for my wife, and it is showing as being delivered by Amazon in 2 days, on Nov. 21.
I've bought stuff shipped by CP last couple of weeks and they've all arrived quickly and within delivery timeline. It was a few things through Best buy via expedited parcel and got them all in a couple of days to my place in GTA
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
2625 posts
1556 upvotes
The NORTH
Made a purchase today, received an email from fedex Canada already...

Of course an order I placed last week was shipped Canada Post and is no where to be found.....
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4022 posts
1340 upvotes
Gboard2 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 6:54 pm
I've bought stuff shipped by CP last couple of weeks and they've all arrived quickly and within delivery timeline. It was a few things through Best buy via expedited parcel and got them all in a couple of days to my place in GTA
Lucky. You must have gotten these things before the first shut down in oct , or it went straight from Ingram Micro (best buys forwarder) in Mississauga to your place
The number of trailers full of parcels and packets waiting to be unloaded and processed at Canada Post facilities is well over 300 now.
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Jul 13, 2007
714 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
Red_Army wrote: The number of trailers full of parcels and packets waiting to be unloaded and processed at Canada Post facilities is well over 300 now.
Cam we enter meme territory?
Are you sure you wish to carry out this operation? You betcha.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
2625 posts
1556 upvotes
The NORTH
HammerRFDer wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 7:46 pm
We can and SHOULD!!
Banned
Mar 13, 2018
1385 posts
652 upvotes
Red_Army wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 7:07 pm
Lucky. You must have gotten these things before the first shut down in oct , or it went straight from Ingram Micro (best buys forwarder) in Mississauga to your place
The number of trailers full of parcels and packets waiting to be unloaded and processed at Canada Post facilities is well over 300 now.
Nope, it was last two weeks , so definitely in November. I at first was worried like you and wonder why they were still shipping with CP

And wow..speak of devil, ordered something from shoppers on Saturday night and it's in my mailbox now!

But ya, maybe my area (Markham) is lucky?
Last edited by Gboard2 on Nov 19th, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4022 posts
1340 upvotes
HammerRFDer wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 7:46 pm
Forgive me but I have no idea why this would be funny

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)