Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Ulefone Be Pro 2GB RAM 16GB ROM MTK6732 - $150.99usd

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2015 12:42 pm
Banned
Dec 28, 2014
44 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Ulefone Be Pro 2GB RAM 16GB ROM MTK6732 - $150.99usd

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 17, 2015
you need to use the coupon code "234buybepro" for $13 off the regular price. you can get the price of 150.99dollars in two hours, after that then need to pay 155.99dollars to get the phone with the coupon.

Should work on LTE on band 7 (2600)

Specs:

- 5.5 Inch IPS OGS Screen, 1280*720 Pixels
- MTK6732 1.5GHz Quad Core
- Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz, FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7/B20, Support 2G & 3G & 4G LTE Network
- 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
- 13 MP Back Camera + 8 MP Front Camera
- Android 4.4 - upgradable to 5.0

[IMG]http://www.234buy.com/media/wysiwyg//UL ... -PRO/6.jpg[/IMG]
488 replies
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1550 posts
1130 upvotes
Toronto
Specs are the best you can get for the $- The CPU uses the new A53 architecture same as the snapdragon 410
Banned
Dec 28, 2014
44 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Krispy1 wrote: Specs are the best you can get for the $- The CPU uses the new A53 architecture same as the snapdragon 410
yes. the specs with price is very good now .
Nov 17, 2014
12 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i got mine on friday. broke it on saturday! sim card slot 1 is broken. went to put in my sim with sim adapter and the pins that read the sim card were so fragile and all broke! i have a single sin ulefeone be pro! ive since contacted the seller and so far no response! you get what you pay for.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3847 posts
2272 upvotes
'Shwallywood
bmantdot wrote: i got mine on friday. broke it on saturday! sim card slot 1 is broken. went to put in my sim with sim adapter and the pins that read the sim card were so fragile and all broke! i have a single sin ulefeone be pro! ive since contacted the seller and so far no response! you get what you pay for.
That sounds more like user error, the sim adapters are thicker than a standard sim
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Nov 17, 2014
12 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Maybe but the slot is extremely delicate. LTE is suppose to be on sim 2. No LTE found yet on fido in Toronto. I bought it to play with. I'm back to using my iPhone 6.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Gutty96 wrote: Rogers LTE support?
Only on 2600 mhz. Which isn't everywhere yet, to the best of my knowledge.

As an FYI - anybody looking to get one of these, if you don't mind dealing with ******** (I've had no problems with them, others have reported big issues) - you can use coupon code UBFPROHF to get it for $147USD, or even better - change currency to CAD and get billed directly in CAD instead of USD (only if paying via credit card, not Paypal). Current conversion rate on the ******** site is about 1.22, so you'd get it for 179.84 all in (if you choose free shipping, which takes about 3-4 weeks to arrive). Considering most credit cards are looking at a conversion rate today of something like 1.275 with today's exchange rate (possibly more), that's a non-trivial savings as well. BUT, the big caveat is that you have to deal with ********. As I say, I've had no problems with them, but others have reported issues - seems primarily when dealing with issues of returns and such, which I have (knock on wood) not had to deal with.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4017 posts
2516 upvotes
Halifax
I just returned a Moto G because of a bad SIM slot. It took me about an hour to return it and get another one. Things go wrong with phones, and that is with known brand names. So there is no way am I ever going to piss away $200 on anything that has no decent return policy! For that price point, it has to be sold here and not on the other end of the globe!

Clearly obvious defects, with a 5.5 inch screen it better do 1080p! 720p does not cut it anymore. Nothing is mentioned about battery life. I have to assume it is garbage. No LTE band 4, which is what we mostly use in Canada. So is is not even a North American market phone! Why is is being hawked here then?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
bridonca wrote: I just returned a moto g because of a bad SIM slot. It took me about an hour to return it and get another one. Things go wrong with phones, and that is with know brand names. So there is no way am I ever going to piss away $200 on anything that has no decent return policy! For that price, it has to be sold here and not on the other end of the globe!

Clearly obvious defects, with a 5.5 inch screen it better do 1080p! 720p does not cut it anymore. Nothing is mentioned about battery life. I have to assume it is garbage. No LTE band 4, which is what we mostly use in Canada. So is is not even a North American market phone! Why is is being hawked here then?
That's an awful lot of assumptions you're making, and you know what they say about what happens when you assume...

People have been happily using Chinese phones in North America for quite some time now, and while they aren't aimed at the NA market, they're perfectly usable here if you don't need LTE. And plenty of people are also totally fine with 720p at 5.5", especially at a fraction of the cost of any other phone with these specs.

A 2600 mAh battery isn't huge for this screen size/processor combo (battery numbers on the MTK6732 are still scarce, but Mediatek's chips are generally more power hungry than Qualcomm's) , but that's also probably at least partially why this is 720p instead of 1080p.

Having said that, you're paying $180 for a 5.5" 2/16gb 64 bit phone that benchmarks roughly in the same range as the LG G3 (I've seen Antutu scores in the 30-32k range). You're obviously going to be making compromises SOMEWHERE. This phone might not be for everybody, but there's definitely plenty of people that would be happy to have it. I'm even tempted to grab one myself, even though I just bought a Cubot X9.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4017 posts
2516 upvotes
Halifax
wearysky wrote: That's an awful lot of assumptions you're making, and you know what they say about what happens when you assume...
Yeah, I don't get ripped off. I have yet to be pleasantly surprised on am omission of a feature on a Chinese sold device, especially when it comes to battery life.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
bridonca wrote: Yeah, I don't get ripped off. I have yet to be pleasantly surprised on am omission of a feature on a Chinese sold device, especially when it comes to battery life.
I don't see where the surprise is, here. They're being open about every feature on this phone, including the compromises (in battery size, resolution, etc). Aside from the CPU (only because it's new), one knows pretty much exactly what they are in for on these bad boys. I was actually QUITE pleasantly surprised by the performance of my Cubot X9.
Dec 20, 2012
728 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Such a OnePlus One Rip off
Fido $45
Unlimited Canada Calling, Unlimited Global Texting/MMS, 5GB Data
Twilight 128GB Hauwei P20 Pro
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
1278 posts
592 upvotes
Regina, SK
wearysky wrote: A 2600 mAh battery isn't huge for this screen size/processor combo (battery numbers on the MTK6732 are still scarce, but Mediatek's chips are generally more power hungry than Qualcomm's) , but that's also probably at least partially why this is 720p instead of 1080p.
bridonca wrote: Yeah, I don't get ripped off. I have yet to be pleasantly surprised on am omission of a feature on a Chinese sold device, especially when it comes to battery life.
Battery life on half the "North American" phones I have owned has been pretty disappointing. I am normally plugging in my current phone a couple times a day, so my only expectation would be that my next phone meet or exceed this low standard. Also, speculating based on battery size and a lack of any stated potential battery life (re: omission) remains just that - speculation.

Plenty of phones offer up larger batteries that appear more than sufficient, but upon review and usage reveal poor optimization that eats up battery life. Plenty of companies state amazing battery life in their advertising only to have real world users experience less than advertised.

I am not willing to discount it until I have seen it or heard a decent report of it.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11537 posts
1041 upvotes
Ottawa
gd6noob wrote: Such a OnePlus One Rip off
Is the OnePlusOne a dual SIM? Due to travels I need that feature, and while this phone has dual SIM I didn't see that on the OnePlusOne.
- Absolute
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Absolute wrote: Is the OnePlusOne a dual SIM? Due to travels I need that feature, and while this phone has dual SIM I didn't see that on the OnePlusOne.
Nope, it is not. Not to mention the OnePlus One is also nearly 3 times the price (though with specs to match that price, IMO).
Apr 29, 2011
53 posts
5 upvotes
Pickering
Don't like it ...don't buy it...

I think what he is trying to say is that don't make assumptions to direct other people's thinking.

You may be well using your phone differently everyday than I am..... for example.
Shaz
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15768 posts
11164 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Only on 2600 mhz. Which isn't everywhere yet, to the best of my knowledge.

As an FYI - anybody looking to get one of these, if you don't mind dealing with ******** (I've had no problems with them, others have reported big issues) - you can use coupon code UBFPROHF to get it for $147USD, or even better - change currency to CAD and get billed directly in CAD instead of USD (only if paying via credit card, not Paypal). Current conversion rate on the ******** site is about 1.22, so you'd get it for 179.84 all in (if you choose free shipping, which takes about 3-4 weeks to arrive). Considering most credit cards are looking at a conversion rate today of something like 1.275 with today's exchange rate (possibly more), that's a non-trivial savings as well. BUT, the big caveat is that you have to deal with ********. As I say, I've had no problems with them, but others have reported issues - seems primarily when dealing with issues of returns and such, which I have (knock on wood) not had to deal with.
Is there any way to determine what band you are connected to locally?
Apr 29, 2011
53 posts
5 upvotes
Pickering
There is a (red) link on ******** website, which has listed all the bands for Canadian (global) carriers. Click on any cell phone and scroll down to see it.
Gutty96 wrote: Is there any way to determine what band you are connected to locally?
Shaz