Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

The Ultimate Matrix Collection [Blu-ray] ~ US$26.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2011 2:34 am
Jan 4, 2010
157 posts
81 upvotes

[Amazon.com] The Ultimate Matrix Collection [Blu-ray] ~ US$26.99

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4 ... AA300_.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... AA300_.jpg[/IMG]

The Ultimate Matrix Collection [Blu-ray] ~ US$26.99 (US$38.59 shipped and taxed)

Order Summary
Items: $26.99
Shipping & Handling: $7.98
Total Before Tax: $34.97
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
Import Fees Deposit $3.62
Order Total: $38.59

The definitive 7-disc Blu-ray set, The Ultimate Matrix Collection features all three films in the trilogy together for the first time ever with a newly remastered picture and sound for The Matrix. Also included is the companion piece The Matrix Revisited and the best-selling The Animatrix, plus five entirely new Blu-ray discs packed solid with brand-new supplemental materials that encompass every aspect of the Matrix universe, including two new audio commentaries on each film, Enter the Matrix video game footage, 106 deep-delving featurettes/ documentaries and much more! (Taken from Editorial Reviews on Amazon.com)

Amazon.ca ~ CAD$90.99

FutureShop.ca ~ CAD$99.99 (before; not available now)

hmv.ca ~ CAD$117.99

The Ultimate Matrix Collection on Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ultima ... Collection
15 replies
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2987 posts
2368 upvotes
Fredericton
If the collectibles are worth it to you, it's a pretty solid price. If you are only interested in the 3 movies, Amazon.uk is still cheaper, by about $10 iirc.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1070 posts
164 upvotes
I got mine during boxing week from Futureshop for 34.99 I think~

hmm.. 26.99, even better!
Mar 16, 2005
993 posts
75 upvotes
Windsor
I am waiting for the "Super Ultimate Secret Special Super Deluxe Edition". Thanks though!
Regards,
-P

Ebay
Heatware
Mar 13, 2010
80 posts
30 upvotes
$26.99, even in puny US dollars, seems like an awful lot for one movie.
Just saying.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
3271 posts
387 upvotes
9600 wrote: $26.99, even in puny US dollars, seems like an awful lot for one movie.
Just saying.

Well it's a trilogy plus extras... >_>. I just paid 17 bucks (with shipping) for the 2-disc Ip Man 2 blu-ray lol. I normally wouldn't buy movies cause I never rewatch them, but the Ip Man movies with Donnie Yen are just so good. Either way it was a good deal considering it goes for around 20ish here, (reg is 20 and 2-disc is 25 at hmv). Not to mention tax =P
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3320 posts
1214 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
9600 wrote: $26.99, even in puny US dollars, seems like an awful lot for one movie.
Just saying.

isnt it all 3 movies?
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
3271 posts
387 upvotes
bargain man wrote: isnt it all 3 movies?

Plus animatrix and stuff :lol: . Pretty good dealfor movie/collectible buyers. I just wouldn't buy it cause movies just collect dust on my shelves (exception of Ip Man *drools*). Matrix was a good trilogy, first had a crazy story (2nd continued it but was more action heavy - fight scenes were badass, 3rd had like 1 or 2 good fight scenes, with one huge crazy war lol - people hated the last two movies, but each had their own little special something, I enjoyed them anyways xD).
Dec 9, 2007
637 posts
149 upvotes
It would have been worth if I didn't have animatrix + the 3 matrix movies already on dvd.. :(
RFD makes me :lol:
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Pretty decent deal, though I wonder if the price will drop at other stores in the near future.

Odd thing about The Matrix... It's the movie I've seen the second most times out of all the movies I've seen in my life. Seen in theatres, got the DVD around when it came out, watched it a hundred times, lol. However, these days I can't even watch it anymore...never bothered to buy the BD of any of the movies and don't really have any inclination to either, even at this price. Just kind of lost its appeal to me I guess?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2862 posts
1243 upvotes
Gta
bargain man wrote: isnt it all 3 movies?

I think it's a subtle way of pointing out that there is only one movie worth watching... The other 2 are just useless. That's my feeling anyway!
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2004
1331 posts
264 upvotes
Not bad deal if you want it now.

But I've seen it cheap at many places in the past year so if you miss this one, keep an eye out for other places like Costco and FS.

I think Costco had it for $30 and even recall RCSS had it close to that price on no tax weekend.

Even if the last 2 movies were relatively weak, they are still gorgeous in HD, including Monica Bellucci. :)
Jul 27, 2004
816 posts
113 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote: I think it's a subtle way of pointing out that there is only one movie worth watching... The other 2 are just useless. That's my feeling anyway!

Yep, that's how I feel about it, too. I have never felt the desire to break out any of the sequels from my DVD box set.

Long running internet meme: "too bad they never made a sequel".
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
3271 posts
387 upvotes
swatthatfly wrote: Where did you find it?

Beardo's Bazaar is selling it on ebay for 14.99 plus 3.99 (i think it's 3.99 shipping from Alberta). They also sell the first for the same price on amazon. It's OBO, but they wouldn't accept anything lower than 13.49 (1.50 off, but no tax and still cheaper than amazon/stores :lol :) .
May 7, 2010
608 posts
79 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
interesting how Amazon lists as '6 discs' but description and wiki says 7 discs...