• Dec 21st, 2018 9:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3854 posts
3992 upvotes
Toronto, ON

The ultimate SUV for snobs

8:53 USB charger on the door. Just imagine the boss using his phone with the charging cable plugged in, chauffeur opens the door and yanks the phone right out of the boss's hand. Disaster waiting to happen!

10:52 doors swing open/close automatically? Gosh, you don't want to park your little Corolla beside this thing, cause the RR metal is going to punch a hole right through your door. But of course, no Corolla will be parked anywhere near this thing anyway.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2065 posts
983 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I think land rover does a pretty good job already as well the X6 and GLE coupe.
:D
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3854 posts
3992 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SammyPower wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 11:03 am
Jealous, much?
Not at all. Just don't understand why anyone would choose this over a regular Phantom or Wraith if they were looking for ultimate luxury.

Let's put aside the fact it's just plain ugly.. What's the point of an "SUV" if it's got no cargo space(because the passenger row goes all the way back).. extra ground clearance that makes getting in/out harder and will never be offroaded..
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6325 posts
4823 upvotes
North York
er34er34 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 11:38 am
Not at all. Just don't understand why anyone would choose this over a regular Phantom or Wraith if they were looking for ultimate luxury.

Let's put aside the fact it's just plain ugly.. What's the point of an "SUV" if it's got no cargo space(because the passenger row goes all the way back).. extra ground clearance that makes getting in/out harder and will never be offroaded..
people buying this won't buy for its practicality.
They buy for the symbol of status.

Poor people like us look up to the car and say, "wat a pos, it doesn't even have cargo for me". Fact is, people who buy this car probably don't even do any grocery shopping.

Everything is about yourself. People don't do it your way, they must be doing it wrong.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
3464 posts
726 upvotes
Montreal
Why would I spend a year of my salary to buy this suv?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6325 posts
4823 upvotes
North York
iownyou wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 12:11 pm
you think this car costs a year salary of a janitor? lol. stop kidding yourself
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3854 posts
3992 upvotes
Toronto, ON
konsensei wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 12:09 pm
people buying this won't buy for its practicality.
They buy for the symbol of status.

Poor people like us look up to the car and say, "wat a pos, it doesn't even have cargo for me". Fact is, people who buy this car probably don't even do any grocery shopping.

Everything is about yourself. People don't do it your way, they must be doing it wrong.
You missed my first and foremost point - my comment was never about "practicality" - because I'm not even saying they should buy a Toyota or Audi or what not. It's blatantly obvious that nobody buys this for practicality.

If it is all about "status symbol", what does this offer in terms of "status symbol" that a similarly-priced Rolls Phantom/Wraith wouldn't offer? It's not providing any added legroom or comfort, in fact, it has less amenities and less legroom. So aside from the fact that Americans love their SUV's... why would you want this if money ain't a thang?
Last edited by er34er34 on Dec 21st, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
1309 posts
59 upvotes
iownyou wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 12:11 pm
Right? Just buy a Corolla!
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
3464 posts
726 upvotes
Montreal
konsensei wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 12:13 pm
you think this car costs a year salary of a janitor? lol. stop kidding yourself
of course You would know...btw, you missed a spot
May 24, 2017
47 posts
47 upvotes
I feel if I drove one of these around I would feel ridiculous. Same with a massive mansion. Just too showy too desperate. I am not saying this out of jealously I genuinely don’t really get it.

Maybe I don’t get it cause I am “poor” or have a simple lifestyle!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6325 posts
4823 upvotes
North York
iownyou wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 12:24 pm
of course You would know...btw, you missed a spot
I never claimed my 1 year salary would be enough to buy this car.
I know your salary wouldn't. Get to work! I might have missed a spot, but at least I do my job. You just sit there and doze
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
27456 posts
13388 upvotes
Ottawa
Getting old, in this day in age when we are still judging what others buy.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
3464 posts
726 upvotes
Montreal
konsensei wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 1:40 pm
I never claimed my 1 year salary would be enough to buy this car.
I know your salary wouldn't. Get to work! I might have missed a spot, but at least I do my job. You just sit there and doze
You can't claim what's not true...unless you want to be a liar.