Ultra spicy Korean ramen noodles - where to buy

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2017 8:53 pm
Tags:
None
30 replies
Jul 27, 2010
5 posts
Any Korean grocery stores like Galleria and H-Mart have them at ramen sections. Well... I wouldn't recommend Bull-Dak even to my Korean friends.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11412 posts
2390 upvotes
Montreal
ippon wrote:
Apr 19th, 2014 12:19 am
beware...
don't get the sauce on the outside of the lips.
small bites, no slurping.

Yeesh, you're acting like a girl who never tasted anything spicier than chili.
I practically eat tien tsin peppers out of the can.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2013
1775 posts
272 upvotes
ippon wrote:
Apr 19th, 2014 12:19 am
beware...
don't get the sauce on the outside of the lips.
small bites, no slurping.
what happens if you do?
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10141 posts
585 upvotes
alkizmo wrote:
Apr 19th, 2014 12:30 am
Yeesh, you're acting like a girl who never tasted anything spicier than chili.
I practically eat tien tsin peppers out of the can.
Why do your peppers come in a can?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2261 posts
429 upvotes
Scarborough
OP, you can create the same by adding red chilli powder to the soup.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9833 posts
890 upvotes
All spicy ramens I've ever had weren't very hot. The people in the the video both said they couldn't take that much hot and both ate it most of it... how hot could this be?
Samwfive wrote:
Apr 19th, 2014 11:09 am
OP, you can create the same by adding red chilli powder to the soup.
I generally add Korean red pepper powder with ramen. Also veggies and an egg.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4254 upvotes
PM the guy who made the video.

Can't really make out the brand from watching it.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4088 posts
1120 upvotes
Yum...bull dak with cheese on top.
Mar 12, 2007
36 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Oh god, I've had this exact brand and actually still have some in my pantry. Taste wise, I found the spice to be bearable. It's not too hard to finish the whole thing. But I regretted eating it because I had stomach pain for a long time afterwards due to capsaicin overload. Anyways, I got it at a korean supermarket on bloor street K-town.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4088 posts
1120 upvotes
I need to finish mine. Bought a 5 pack. Would using less of the sauce make it a bit more edible?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
15155 posts
1104 upvotes
Thornhill
We have Korean ramen quite often, a variety of them including Neoguri (moderately spicy). Anyway, I decided to pick up a 5-pack of some super spicy ramen and give it a try for a change (it was a black bag and had peppers on fire drawn all over it). It wasn't soup-based but was saucy like Chapagetti... I was able to eat it without major problems, but I didn't like it. It was just spicy but wasn't tasty... And, if you got it on your lips, it'd just burn for an hour. But anyway, think you guys should buy one (don't buy five like me) and give it a try.

edit: oh, just saw the video now - that's the one I had, but in the bag form. I didn't even know they had chicken or octopus flavours - you can't even taste it since your mouth is numb.

I heard there's a better tasting one - have to find out which it is.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10141 posts
585 upvotes
Picked up a pack of this ramen at H-mart out of curiosity after seeing this thread. Couldn't buy a single so had to buy a pack of 4 or 5.

Just ate one (with a fried egg). It was definitely the most spicy instant noodle I've had, but not the most spicy food I've had. I had no problem eating it all quickly, but I guess I cheated because I had a glass of milk at the ready. I also have a pretty high spice tolerance.

I think I'll use the sauce package to make dokkbokki next time.
Oct 29, 2008
188 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I was hoping to pick up a pack from west Chinatown *spadina* after the jays games but after searching a couple of supermarkets i gave up. Did anyone have any luck in ktown?