• Apr 21st, 2017 9:30 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
2447 posts
446 upvotes
Quebec
i am a huge fan of SF series since the first one in 87, but this 40$ price tag is just RIDICULOUS! no way i pay more than 10$CAD for this remake of a remake.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5085 posts
1560 upvotes
Toronto
I agree with everyone who thinks $40 is ridiculous. Between SFV being a complete flop and Capcom not having a big hit in years now, this release seems desperate. I grew up with SF and Capcom games and it sucks to see them deteriorate they way they have been. Wondering how much longer they can survive like this
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5861 posts
1230 upvotes
Street Fighter V sold decently. SFV outsold what Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on PS3/XBox 360 did combined from last generation.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/fina ... ank06_area

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike which is held in high regard as one of the better Street Fighter games
(including each of the Street Fighter Alpha series) sold less than a million units across the PS2 and Dreamcast.

Ultra Street Fighter II is supposed to have a story mode in addition to arcade mode.
Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix which was the original downloadable game on PS3 and XBox 360, only had arcade mode and online vs, ranked, and lobby matches.

$40 is chump change compared to how many hours I sunk into the PS3 HD Remix. I think I am ranked around 600th in the worldwide standings in HD Remix still.
I am glad there is a physical release of this rebalanced version of the game this time instead of it being a downloadable only title like it is on PS3 and XBox 360.
ReeGee wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 5:53 pm
I agree with everyone who thinks $40 is ridiculous. Between SFV being a complete flop and Capcom not having a big hit in years now, this release seems desperate. I grew up with SF and Capcom games and it sucks to see them deteriorate they way they have been. Wondering how much longer they can survive like this
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5861 posts
1230 upvotes
The new trailer from the Nintendo Direct yesterday:

- there is a 2-player co-op option with both players sharing one health bar
- there is a new mode with a first person perspective for shooting fireballs.
- I don't like how there is an optional "Light battle mode" that allows doing special moves by using the touchscreen in portable mode. Hopefully something like that is disabled for online play.

Jan 12, 2017
890 posts
120 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 6:32 pm
Street Fighter V sold decently. SFV outsold what Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on PS3/XBox 360 did combined from last generation.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/fina ... ank06_area

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike which is held in high regard as one of the better Street Fighter games
(including each of the Street Fighter Alpha series) sold less than a million units across the PS2 and Dreamcast.

Ultra Street Fighter II is supposed to have a story mode in addition to arcade mode.
Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix which was the original downloadable game on PS3 and XBox 360, only had arcade mode and online vs, ranked, and lobby matches.

$40 is chump change compared to how many hours I sunk into the PS3 HD Remix. I think I am ranked around 600th in the worldwide standings in HD Remix still.
I am glad there is a physical release of this rebalanced version of the game this time instead of it being a downloadable only title like it is on PS3 and XBox 360.
What's ur rank and points on ps4 sf5?
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5861 posts
1230 upvotes
Nintendo posted another new trailer for Ultra Street Fighter II.

Unfortunately it seems they use the voice overs of the Asian version of Street Fighter II where some characters sound fresh off the boat.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5861 posts
1230 upvotes
Another disappointment is that USFII does not have the awesome Remixed music used in Super Street Fighter II HD Remix.
HD Remix has the option to select the original arcade version music and the remixed tracks that were voted on as the winners from OC Remix.

Ultra Street Fighter II only has the option to select the original arcade music or the new retro sounding music themes.