None
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
22715 posts
873 upvotes
Markham, ON
eclone wrote:
Dec 4th, 2012 9:05 pm
How slim are we talking about here? Retail clearance on clearance type garbage?

I'll go an hour early on Sat (is that even too late?) if it's worth the drive from East Scarborough will be looking for toiletries, draperies, bath, trash cans etc
The chairs are gone by the first 15-30mins...
The large garbage bins are gone by the first hour
The nicer / fancier curtain rods are usually picked off the first day
The curtains last year were very limited and gone within the first hour
The bathroom fixtures (towel rods, etc) were gone the first hour
The large picture frames are picked quick
At the end of the day you are left with the smaller garbage bins, standard curtain rods, gift packs, smaller picture frames

Not sure about this year...what I do notice is that ppl will just horde and put everything they see in their carts...whether they buy it or not...they usually decide at checkout...sometimes there are really good stuff around the check out area.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2004
4822 posts
700 upvotes
I have a pass available - first person to PM can have it - pick up in Richmond Hill (tonight)
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1033 posts
123 upvotes
Wonder if l can use my Groupon gift card from like 1yr ago lol
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1655 posts
55 upvotes
Markham
Going with the gf and her mom on sat morning..hope it's still good!
never been to one of these before, no idea what to expect
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
PrincessD wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 4:10 pm
Anybody went today?
What's the prices/selection like?
How was the lineup????

I also, would like to know.
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
poorwingman wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 7:16 am
can anyone confirm if they take visa?
If I remember correctly from last year, they do.
Oct 22, 2004
636 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
I went to the Umbra Sale yesterday for the first time. There was a line that looked really long when I got there (9:50 and it opens at 10:00), but everyone was let in at once pretty much, so I was inside within 5 mins. Try to bring cash as there is 5% discount when paying with cash and 3% discount when paying with debit. Personally, I didn't find anything that really caught my eye. I ended up purchasing a few items totaling $40 mainly because I would have felt it would've been a waste of a trip. But there definitely were a lot of people with loads of items. General pricing that I recall would be $10 for all curtain rods pretty much. They had a variety of styles and lengths. Most picture frames were for $30 for the larger sized ones and $10 for the smaller ones I believe. Most small accessories would range from $5-$15.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
2439 posts
212 upvotes
It's madness in here.

Quite a few curtain rods but I'm not sure I'd they're all gone. They range from $10-15 if they're single or double and based in size. We haven't had much luck finding longer rods (insert joke here) that go from 120-180 inches.

The picture frames aren't über cheap.. I recall in the past that they've been cheap enough for good stocking stuffers but that may have been on a Sunday.

Basic waste baskets are $3.. Something with a pedal is $10 but good luck finding a working one now...
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
It's f packed.and guys, dont waste ur money on FF passes, I spoke to an associate and she told me that they have more items on Saturday
So your choice is limited on FF
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
3891 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
andriykoua wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 11:39 am
It's f packed.and guys, dont waste ur money on FF passes, I spoke to an associate and she told me that they have more items on Saturday
So your choice is limited on FF
I doubt it. I was there on Friday. Did the Saturday ppl get any rugs, large single photo frames or the $500 for $150 plastic coffee tables?
Let's Get You Married™
× < >