• Mar 4th, 2018 10:03 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9343 posts
1098 upvotes

Umbrellas

I know this may not be an interesting discussion but I just lost my LONDON FOG umbrella. Had it for over 8 years and I am crushed. The quality and size was perfect. Never an issue with wind or rain. Now I don't know if I can find anything similar in quality anymore. Not even sure if London Fog makes the same umbrella as I don't see it on their website anymore.

What do you guys use?

I want high quality, auto open, wood or sturdy construction.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2017
1147 posts
1060 upvotes
If you lost it in the TTC or GO then check their lost and found
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9343 posts
1098 upvotes
Omakase wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 6:15 pm
If you lost it in the TTC or GO then check their lost and found
I plan to call and ask but I am just assuming it's a lost cause
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2017
1147 posts
1060 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 10:11 pm
They will ask you for the date and umbrella description, it happens a lot.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
16824 posts
2598 upvotes
Toronto
I used to have a Fulton umbrella and it was alright, but the wind got under it one particularly bad day and it flipped and a spoke broke. It eventually tore and I had to get rid of it.

I use the Amazonbasics one with the wind vent now, and it's actually pretty close to how the Fulton one was. The size is roughly the same, the opening mechanism is identical, and it has a wind vent so hopefully it'll fare better than my old one did.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12347 posts
1864 upvotes
City of Vancouver
My Fulton plastic birdcage umbrella is on its last legs because the plastic is torn at the apex. The umbrella is not that old! It's great for wind because of the shape, and it's see-thru.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8094 posts
1205 upvotes
Toronto
I agree the London fog umbrellas be great.
My brother lost a brand new unused one in a rental car on vacation in the Caribbean.
When he called the company, obviously they said they did not see it.
Jul 15, 2017
29 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga ON
speedyforme wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 10:11 pm
GO to their lost and Found office.
I lost my lunch bag with something VERY important in it and a small amount of money and I thought it was a lost cause also. Honestly who would want a crappy lunch bag complete with dirty dishes? Figured they would take the cash and dump the rest in the closest garbage bin.
I was forced to go to the LnF office because of the important item (that would not likely look important to a casual looker). They asked for a description, said wait a minute...then they came back with my crappy lunch bag in hand which I immediately grabbed from them to look for the (unlikely looking) important item...OMG it was there. I couldn't believe my good luck and surprise that it hadn't been tossed. BTW...the dishes were still dirty :(
Then they said you had $xx.xx in there (I had forgotten about and was way down on the importance list). So they opened up the cash register and gave me back my cash!!!

I was very amazed at the efficiency of the TTC staff and their LnF procedures. Someone found it at the end of the line, turned it in and was delivered to the LnF where it was catalogued and saved for the owner to pick up!
Jul 15, 2017
29 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga ON
https://www.ttc.ca/Customer_Service/Lost_articles.jsp
Lost Articles
Lost something on the TTC?
If you have lost something on the TTC, there's a good chance that we have it. Every year, TTC staff and riders find hundreds of items on our vehicles and properties. We record each item into a database so we can do a quick search when you contact us.

All items found on TTC property by our employees or turned in by riders are sent to the TTC Lost Articles Office at 2 p.m. the next business day.
Lost Articles Office
You will find the Lost Articles Office in the Bay subway station. The office is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday, except statutory holidays. You can also call us at 416-393-4100, Monday to Friday, 12 noon to 5 p.m. (except statutory holidays).

Bay Station is not an accessible subway station. If you are travelling with a mobility device or have difficulty accessing TTC Lost Articles Office, please call in advance for assistance.

Unclaimed articles are sold at Police Auctions Canada
The TTC sells all unclaimed articles by auction at Police Auctions Canada This is an external site and it will open a new window. You will find cameras, video equipment, umbrellas, sports equipment, electronic items, tools, jewelry and even computers for sale.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9343 posts
1098 upvotes
FLAWSOME wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 2:11 pm
GO to their lost and Found office.
I lost my lunch bag with something VERY important in it and a small amount of money and I thought it was a lost cause also. Honestly who would want a crappy lunch bag complete with dirty dishes? Figured they would take the cash and dump the rest in the closest garbage bin.
I was forced to go to the LnF office because of the important item (that would not likely look important to a casual looker). They asked for a description, said wait a minute...then they came back with my crappy lunch bag in hand which I immediately grabbed from them to look for the (unlikely looking) important item...OMG it was there. I couldn't believe my good luck and surprise that it hadn't been tossed. BTW...the dishes were still dirty :(
Then they said you had $xx.xx in there (I had forgotten about and was way down on the importance list). So they opened up the cash register and gave me back my cash!!!

I was very amazed at the efficiency of the TTC staff and their LnF procedures. Someone found it at the end of the line, turned it in and was delivered to the LnF where it was catalogued and saved for the owner to pick up!
FLAWSOME wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 3:27 pm
https://www.ttc.ca/Customer_Service/Lost_articles.jsp
Lost Articles
Lost something on the TTC?
If you have lost something on the TTC, there's a good chance that we have it. Every year, TTC staff and riders find hundreds of items on our vehicles and properties. We record each item into a database so we can do a quick search when you contact us.

All items found on TTC property by our employees or turned in by riders are sent to the TTC Lost Articles Office at 2 p.m. the next business day.
Lost Articles Office
You will find the Lost Articles Office in the Bay subway station. The office is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday, except statutory holidays. You can also call us at 416-393-4100, Monday to Friday, 12 noon to 5 p.m. (except statutory holidays).

Bay Station is not an accessible subway station. If you are travelling with a mobility device or have difficulty accessing TTC Lost Articles Office, please call in advance for assistance.

Unclaimed articles are sold at Police Auctions Canada
The TTC sells all unclaimed articles by auction at Police Auctions Canada This is an external site and it will open a new window. You will find cameras, video equipment, umbrellas, sports equipment, electronic items, tools, jewelry and even computers for sale.
Thanks. I called and they said it's not in but to call the again next week as it may turn up later.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3226 posts
766 upvotes
Oshawa
My umbrella ... purchased from Taiwan. Very Compact (about 25cm when folded up).

Press the button it opens up.

Press the button again it closes.

Cost: NT$250.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1820 posts
756 upvotes
Singapore
I also lost my London Fog, and haven't found a good replacement since. This was an older version, the newer stuff's quality isn't the same.