• Jul 20th, 2022 8:24 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1676 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Had some a few weeks ago. Tasted alright but don't really get the hype..
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4549 posts
2623 upvotes
Anyone know what the wait is now? It surely can't be 1+ hours.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2173 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
boonjaca wrote: Anyone know what the wait is now? It surely can't be 1+ hours.
It looked really busy on Saturday afternoon.

I am not waiting that amount of time for a cheesecake, just have to be patient though.
Dec 14, 2010
507 posts
236 upvotes
boonjaca wrote: Anyone know what the wait is now? It surely can't be 1+ hours.
My colleague tried to go during lunch last Friday and was quoted an hour and 45 minutes wait.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2849 posts
502 upvotes
Mississauga
Hahhhhah I am going to wait until they have another branch
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1191 posts
249 upvotes
IMHO nothing beats the European cheesecake, just can't seem to find it these days.
Apr 7, 2015
250 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto, ON
UrbanPoet wrote: I think its a hipster/instagram/twitter/facebook thing.
Line up 3 hrs for the latest Artisan chocolate covered smoked poutine taco cupcake burger (which is organic btw).

The chef also has a bunch of tatoo's and rides his bike to the shop in a flannel shirt and skinny jeans with an 80's hair cut... :lol:
This.

I walked by recently and don't understand why anyone would line up for 3+ hours to get cheesecake. Even an hour is too long. That being said, I don't like cheesecake. (but I still don't get it).
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
People say they taste better after refrigerating. Why don't they bake a bunch the previous night and sell refrigerated to those who don't want to wait in line.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2005
2722 posts
1754 upvotes
Toronto
carmaster wrote: People say they taste better after refrigerating. Why don't they bake a bunch the previous night and sell refrigerated to those who don't want to wait in line.
I've tried it both at room temperature and cold, but personally like it at room temperature best. My SO likes it cold as it has a slight custardy taste to it versus the airy-ness.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
Post back when the lines up is 30mins or less.. not 3 hours.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3726 posts
432 upvotes
SlimCharlesRFD wrote: This.

I walked by recently and don't understand why anyone would line up for 3+ hours to get cheesecake. Even an hour is too long. That being said, I don't like cheesecake. (but I still don't get it).
Maybe you'd like it more because of how different it is from a North American cheesecake? But yeah, there's no way I'd wait more than 15-20 minutes to try one so I'll wait for it to die down before I try one.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
According to this link, they will be opening up another location in a shopping mall very soon. Any idea which mall? Maybe Pacific Mall?

http://uncle-tetsu.com/system/egblog/no ... 4/?lang=en

[QUOTE]Greeting from a cold cold city, Toronto!!
Others still 3 hours waiting queue.
We will open our second shop in a shopping mall very soon.

The atmosphere at the site, which was also covered in the local newspaper looked like a happy happy festival.

Despite the coldness here, we will keep working as very Japanese.[/QUOTE]
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
appleb wrote: According to this link, they will be opening up another location in a shopping mall very soon. Any idea which mall? Maybe Pacific Mall?

http://uncle-tetsu.com/system/egblog/no ... 4/?lang=en
"we keep working as very Japanese"?!??!!? :facepalm:

J-Town?? though I really doubt it but it will help increase people going there

Yorkdale.. probably too expensive....

Fairview Mall?

Markville?

P-Mall or the mall across P-Mall?

they should open one @ Langham PLace In Markham... cheap rent there ;)
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
When is the hype is going to die down. Still lineups 2 months after opening.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
carmaster wrote: When is the hype is going to die down. Still lineups 2 months after opening.
maybe never? Constant Long line-ups in other countries..
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know why they don't bake a ton of cakes the night before and sell them pre-packaged to those that want that option, rather than waiting 2 hrs for a fresh one. Give people the option of fresh or pre-packaged. It's not like everyone eats it right away. Some people say that refrigerating it actually enhances the taste. Cakes are rarely eaten fresh and thus why bakeries bake them ahead of time.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2849 posts
502 upvotes
Mississauga
carmaster wrote: I don't know why they don't bake a ton of cakes the night before and sell them pre-packaged to those that want that option, rather than waiting 2 hrs for a fresh one. Give people the option of fresh or pre-packaged. It's not like everyone eats it right away. Some people say that refrigerating it actually enhances the taste. Cakes are rarely eaten fresh and thus why bakeries bake them ahead of time.
hahahah problem is they probably doesn't have the faculty to put all the baked cake in the refrigerator, that will take space up in store
also if no line up, there will be no hype, ppl coming down from all over ontario just to try it :cheesygri

for me i still think its not worth the wait and travel time for me to go down. if i go down, i need to pay for the parking and also the wait time
i will wait for it to go branch out like chatime....
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
What's the line-up like?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2241 posts
447 upvotes
my friend has been bugging me to go pick up a cake for her to try since i got laid off a couple months ago

today is her birthday so i went and did the nice thing to pick up a cake.

showed up at 11, left around 1145/12, not the line was at most 1 hour. the line never got THAT long while i was waiting. not sure what the rest of the day would be like.

the cakes are not the most consistent tho. some rise more than others, some are browner on top than others. it's probably hot spots in the oven, but they sold it as is. i thought 2/3 of the batch I was going to get would get rejected, but they sold it anyway.