Off Topic

unconfirmed, uncorroborated piece of information relating to the GTA.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2018 10:28 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8694 posts
1925 upvotes
Trump University
they must be scoping the incel forum.

After the last van attack they were cheering and advocating for more "virgin van" attacks in the incel forum. No remorse whatsoever.

I'm sure talk like that gets the attention of authorities to at least infiltrate the incel subculture
RFD Meanie 😎
[OP]
Banned
Dec 25, 2017
686 posts
476 upvotes
Rockwood
gh05t wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 1:40 pm
Is there any real reason they had to say anything in the first place?
My guess is that if something happened and they didn't alert the public once an inquiry is done people would be outraged. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.
[OP]
Banned
Dec 25, 2017
686 posts
476 upvotes
Rockwood
Corleone187 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 2:36 pm
they must be scoping the incel forum.

After the last van attack they were cheering and advocating for more "virgin van" attacks in the incel forum. No remorse whatsoever.

I'm sure talk like that gets the attention of authorities to at least infiltrate the incel subculture
I wouldn't put it on just incel, as you've seen in other countries and even Canada other types of terrorists use this method as well.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
1654 posts
490 upvotes
Winnipeg
Lack of information is scary for sure...I bet the city wont see excessive outdoor activities and partying this weekend?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2017
371 posts
69 upvotes
I am willing to bet the "extremist" was Muslim and that's why the Police was so vague.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16287 posts
1393 upvotes
Space for rent
Arianna grade concert in london... wasn't long ago. if I had tickets to the Foo fighters I wouldn't go. anyone know when the concert is suppose to end?

I work near by and the crowds after an event there is like mad house. hundreds channeling across that bridge to their cars, bars, hotels, so vulnerable.
Mar 19, 2015
632 posts
121 upvotes
Canada
Just go on with your lives. If there is sign of trouble, use other humans as shields or jump out of harm’s why.

Don’t wear earphones to listen to music so that you can hear the car or truck heading your way or the gunshots or some helpful person will honk their horn to warn you that killer truck / killer car is heading your way!
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
10548 posts
224 upvotes
It’s probably racist.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2474 posts
271 upvotes
Whitby
Supercooled wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 8:58 pm
Arianna grade concert in london... wasn't long ago. if I had tickets to the Foo fighters I wouldn't go. anyone know when the concert is suppose to end?

I work near by and the crowds after an event there is like mad house. hundreds channeling across that bridge to their cars, bars, hotels, so vulnerable.
I was at the Foos last night. Outside before the show it looked like there was no extra police presence than a normal concert night.
After the show they had 2 dump trucks blocking the road in behind the skydome and a couple of cruisers, but it looked more like after concert crowd control vs anti-terrorism (or whatever).

Dave & company put on an amazing show.
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7184 posts
1005 upvotes
raymondly wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 12:04 pm
I was at the Foos last night. Outside before the show it looked like there was no extra police presence than a normal concert night.
After the show they had 2 dump trucks blocking the road in behind the skydome and a couple of cruisers, but it looked more like after concert crowd control vs anti-terrorism (or whatever).

Dave & company put on an amazing show.
having a car go on the sidewalk and past a bloackade is a lot more obvious than speeding in normal traffic and all of a sudden swerving into pedestrians.

i doubt they close the roads down during concerts when there's a ton of sidewalk space for everyone use.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8694 posts
1925 upvotes
Trump University
It must be incels, they're the only group that make social media posts right when they are gonna attack like Eliot Rodger on Youtube the same day of the attack and Alek Minassian on Facebook 2 hours before the attack. That's why it was "unconfirmed, uncorroborated piece of information". Must of been a post or something on the incel forum

No other group really does this

Read what Alek Minassian wrote. Can you really arrest a guy for that post? I don't think you can. But the insinuation from it you have to warn people and its really the best you can do by law since you can't arrest him just for that "meme threat" statement

RFD Meanie 😎
Jan 10, 2009
626 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
Corleone187 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 1:31 pm
It must be incels, they're the only group that make social media posts right when they are gonna attack
IRA always called the police first.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8694 posts
1925 upvotes
Trump University
The Canterbury Tail wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 6:32 pm
IRA always called the police first.
Thats usually "confirmed" tho no? Like a direct threat? And directly calling the cops?

Incels are "unconfirmed, uncorroborated piece of information" like "private Minassian reporting for duty to overthrow chads and stacys" isn't really a confirmed threat cause its so stupid even tho u know what he's referring to
RFD Meanie 😎
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2474 posts
271 upvotes
Whitby
Buggy166 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 1:16 pm
having a car go on the sidewalk and past a bloackade is a lot more obvious than speeding in normal traffic and all of a sudden swerving into pedestrians.

i doubt they close the roads down during concerts when there's a ton of sidewalk space for everyone use.
I see you had never been to a concert at Maple Leaf Gardens.
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7184 posts
1005 upvotes
raymondly wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 9:14 pm
I see you had never been to a concert at Maple Leaf Gardens.
never been, but whats Maple Leaf Gardens got to do with a threat near CN tower? Thats a totally different venue in a totally different area.