• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2018 3:52 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1328 posts
161 upvotes

under cabinet rangehood recommendation

Hello, can someone who is happy with their under cabinet range hood share their model#? I am in the market to replace it (looking for stainless steel) and see if it is available for a deal during boxing day. Mine vent's out and I have a gas range and cook daily. I want stainless steel and one that is not too loud.

Thanks much
9 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1845 posts
500 upvotes
Markham
Use search function. Rangehoods have been discussed many times.
May 21, 2015
591 posts
270 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
I bought this one at Canadian Appliance Source last month and am very happy with it. It's very powerful, nothing escapes it on high speed.. As well on high speed it isn't horribly noisy either.. The LED lights are very bright and cover the top the stove really well. It has two blower fans,, one on each side. https://www.canadianappliance.ca/ERLE130SS.html
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1328 posts
161 upvotes
BDSL wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 7:31 pm
Use search function. Rangehoods have been discussed many times.
I did couldn't find much!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
8857 posts
1029 upvotes
Toronto
Do you do serious stir fries?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2737 posts
552 upvotes
Oshawa
busybe wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 6:48 pm
Hello, can someone who is happy with their under cabinet range hood share their model#? I am in the market to replace it (looking for stainless steel) and see if it is available for a deal during boxing day. Mine vent's out and I have a gas range and cook daily. I want stainless steel and one that is not too loud.

Thanks much
Went to Renoshop.ca located right at the corner of Warden Av and Steeles Av E (7010 Warden Av Unit 1, Markham , 905-944-0401) and purchased a 30" Crown Range Hood. Purchase price including tax ... $480.

Crown Range Hood Professional Series Model PRO-BF03

800CFM
6 Speed operation
LCD display
Touchscreen Display
Time Display
Power-off Delay function
2 LED lights with 2 levels of lighting
Stainless Steel baffle dishwasher safe filters
Wireless Remote Control
Noise Level: 1.5 to 4.5 sone
Warranty: 5 years for motor, 1 year for parts and labor

I had this installed once I moved into my home in 2016 ... I rarely crank it to max ... it is not needed but is there when you do need it (ie. steak on the stove in the winter) ... and its very very quiet.
I normally just use it about mid setting which is sufficient for most times.

A great upgrade for the price of $480 TAX IN! You can't get a better deal than this especially for a powerful range hood unit.

Crown has been around for many years ... our friend has a Crown Range Hood for over 10 years with zero issues. Cleaning is extremely easy. And best of all .. it's powerful and very very quiet even at the MAX power speed.

We looked at various brands of Range Hoods before settling with the Crown.

Being of Asian descent ... we do a look to cooking with the traditional WOK ... so we needed something that would be powerful enough so suck out the smoke when cooking.

Pacific Range Hoods are great ... loved the idea of the fans being located at the front section of the unit, however when it sucks in the air, the clearance inside the front is not as direct therefore the air going out may kick back. These are pricey because of their unique design of the interior fans.

SanYangPai Range Hoods had ample CFMs .. going as high as 900 for the under cabinet style. But the sales agent at the Warden and Steeles location was very blunt. Didn't like her statement: "Installation is easy. Even if you are very dumb, you can still install the unit in an hour."

Sakura Brand Range Hoods are reliable but noisy. Our friend has one and it's LOUD! Besides, the sales rep at the Brimley and Sheppard location was not great.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Dec 17, 2015
330 posts
100 upvotes
York, ON
I think the op means under cabinet hood, not the chimney style.

Whatever you do, don’t get microwave and hood combo. The fan don’t last and have to replace the combo.

I have pacific range hood as well, with self clean function.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1328 posts
161 upvotes
Thanks! would you remember how much roughly you paid for and where did you buy it from?
Alex360 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2018 8:04 pm
I think the op means under cabinet hood, not the chimney style.

Whatever you do, don’t get microwave and hood combo. The fan don’t last and have to replace the combo.

I have pacific range hood as well, with self clean function.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4194 posts
932 upvotes
Toronto
busybe wrote:
Dec 11th, 2018 8:59 pm
Thanks! would you remember how much roughly you paid for and where did you buy it from?
Got Pacific recently too in First Markham place. It's 6xx tax incl stainless steel with self steam cleaning and LED. Forgot model exactly but may be sc81 or something.There are diff models from $300 to 800s. 3 levels fan, low is already enough for many situations. Single stir fry may turn up to med fan. High fan speed (900cfm) perhaps good if have 2stoves on together. So far so good no complain.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)